Decoding 2020

fryoj

This might be a dumb question, but what additional information would recently filed plans give us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There could be a whole treasure trove of information in there. Additional station themeing, possible tunnel, something that will set this coaster apart from the others. Plus I would like to have BSBMX interpret the blueprints and explain everything to us.
  • Like 5

There could be a whole treasure trove of information in there. Additional station themeing, possible tunnel, something that will set this coaster apart from the others. Plus I would like to have BSBMX interpret the blueprints and explain everything to us.

I hadn’t even thought about theming, those are all great points! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Since the actual construction of the coaster blueprints are not available, certain parts of the coaster can still come out different than what's shown in the blueprints because those are not primarily for the coaster itself.  

Although if anything new is to come to change, it cannot interfere with the placement of the footers already poured.

• Like 4

Given the teaser posters involve coasters/attractions that have scientific and/or flying motifs, I would assume subsequent posters will require attractions that share the same somewhat similar qualities:

• Vortex - A giant robot arm gripping coaster track as the ride's logo? Yeah, seems science-y enough.
  • The Bat - Given the ride's previous incarnation as a fighter jet, I'd assume they'd add it to the list.
  • Banshee - Not scientific, yet it's still got the massive flying motif going for it.
  • Delirium - Not a coaster, but this could tie into the "experimental programs" the teaser posters indicate.
  • Drop Tower - See Delirium. This also works in terms of "experiments" featuring drops of various heights given the 315 foot tower height (albeit with the actual drop on the ride being 265 feet).

This also assumes the sequence in the posters ends with 8.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, XBeastGirlX said:

I bet the 1,200/hr is teaser at rider capacity. 

Didn't it actually say the capacity on the blueprints? 

IMG_7303.PNG

Diamondback and Banshee both have capacity at or above 1600 riders per hour.  No way this coaster will have less than that.  It will be a crowd eater.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Diamondback and Banshee both have capacity at or above 1600 riders per hour.  No way this coaster will have less than that.  It will be a crowd eater.

But it doesn't have a MCBR which factors in and honestly the only reason I said 1,200 was because I thought I seen it on the blueprints. I know Banshee and DB are around 1,600

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Hmm maybe we are reading into the numbers on the posters a little too much? Maybe that is the capacity of FoF per hr.

Yeah I wouldn’t take anything to heart, it’s all in fun. 

But last night I had specifically mentioned to a friend that I had seen a 1,200/hr rider capacity on the blueprints while we were discussing something else, so today when I seen it on the FOF teaser it jumped out at me. It is probably nothing but I thought was worth pointing out 

• Like 3

Just now, XBeastGirlX said:

Yeah I wouldn’t take anything to heart, it’s all in fun. 

But last night I had specifically mentioned to a friend that I had seen a 1,200/hr rider capacity on the blueprints while we were discussing something else, so today when I seen it on the FOF teaser it jumped out at me. It is probably nothing but I thought was worth pointing out 

That's why we are decoding lol

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, RingMaster said:

Given the teaser posters involve coasters/attractions that have scientific and/or flying motifs, I would assume subsequent posters will require attractions that share the same somewhat similar qualities:

• Vortex - A giant robot arm gripping coaster track as the ride's logo? Yeah, seems science-y enough.
  • The Bat - Given the ride's previous incarnation as a fighter jet, I'd assume they'd add it to the list.
  • Banshee - Not scientific, yet it's still got the massive flying motif going for it.
  • Delirium - Not a coaster, but this could tie into the "experimental programs" the teaser posters indicate.
  • Drop Tower - See Delirium. This also works in terms of "experiments" featuring drops of various heights given the 315 foot tower height (albeit with the actual drop on the ride being 265 feet).

This also assumes the sequence in the posters ends with 8.

I believe the sequencing in the posters ends with 9 (or IX). However, all of these would work very well.

• Like 3

I'm sorry. I think this is going to be taller than what I'm seeing predicted. We know the scale on the plans are wrong. From scale measurements I'm taking from the footer 53.5 on the plans, (which is 25' 6" long) it looks to me like the lift hill distance from beginning to top is closer to 375' as opposed to 340' long. That means the height would be between 310' - 315', depending on the actual distance. I used the ride electrical partial site plan area 1 to get my scale measurement of 53.5, and then lift hill which shows the beginning footer and top of hill on it. Anybody out there is welcome to check me on this, I'm not an engineer.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

I'm sorry. I think this is going to be taller than what I'm seeing predicted. We know the scale on the plans are wrong. From scale measurements I'm taking from the footer 53.5 on the plans, (which is 25' 6" long) it looks to me like the lift hill distance from beginning to top is closer to 375' as opposed to 340' long. That means the height would be between 310' - 315', depending on the actual distance. I used the ride electrical partial site plan area 1 to get my scale measurement of 53.5, and then lift hill which shows the beginning footer and top of hill on it. Anybody out there is welcome to check me on this, I'm not an engineer.

There's something everyone is missing. You're on the right track. 

• Like 10

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

If this only has the capacity of 1,200 riders per hour, we will probably only have two trains. Cedar Fair gives the parks they consider smaller less than three trains, so I hope this is false!

We are looking to deep into this but it’s teasers, we are supposed to do that. In the blueprints it shows three pieces of track for the transfer station so we are probably gonna have 3 trains

561F223B-AA68-4318-AB1E-FC0C2EF2711E.jpeg

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

We are looking to deep into this but it’s teasers, we are supposed to do that. In the blueprints it shows three pieces of track for the transfer station so we are probably gonna have 3 trains

561F223B-AA68-4318-AB1E-FC0C2EF2711E.jpeg

Good eye. I think that can pretty much confirm 3 trains 

• Like 6

It's because the B&M gigas have at least 5 blocks, two of which are stacked together via their super long brake runs at the end. Our giga will be the same.

1. Station

2. Lift Hill

3. 1st portion of brake run

4. 2nd portion of brake run

5. Transfer track

Also I believe Banshee's brake run is capable of holding all three of its trains, meaning it has 5 blocks too.

• Like 6

• malem locked this topic