Decoding 2020

fryoj

14 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

We are looking to deep into this but it’s teasers, we are supposed to do that. In the blueprints it shows three pieces of track for the transfer station so we are probably gonna have 3 trains

561F223B-AA68-4318-AB1E-FC0C2EF2711E.jpeg

Quick question: is the FoF queue using the old Firehawk queue now?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

If this only has the capacity of 1,200 riders per hour, we will probably only have two trains. Cedar Fair gives the parks they consider smaller less than three trains, so I hope this is false!

KI isn't small for attendance.  

I just came back from Carowinds, Kings Dominion, Canada's Wonderland, Cedar Point and Kings Island (go here few times so far this year) all from Memorial Day to this past weekend.  

Kings Dominion is pathetic in terms of attendance turnout.  I can get on i305 literally anytime i wanted to.  Only line was for Twisted Timbers because their market are all RMC-heads right now.

Carowinds was better filled.  
Canada's Wonderland is typically packed like KI but KI has been way more packed this year on the weekends than i've seen in a while.
Cedar Point of course still the most packed.

KI has 3 trains on newer rides already.  Literally improbably for a new coaster like this to not have 3 trains.  Matter of fact, might even get 4, 3 active 1 backup.
That's how Millenium Force is stamped at CP.  Intamin has stamped on the train they received 4 trains for this ride.

• Like 5

I'm sorry. I think this is going to be taller than what I'm seeing predicted. We know the scale on the plans are wrong. From scale measurements I'm taking from the footer 53.5 on the plans, (which is 25' 6" long) it looks to me like the lift hill distance from beginning to top is closer to 375' as opposed to 340' long. That means the height would be between 310' - 315', depending on the actual distance. I used the ride electrical partial site plan area 1 to get my scale measurement of 53.5, and then lift hill which shows the beginning footer and top of hill on it. Anybody out there is welcome to check me on this, I'm not an engineer.

I thought we were basing the height of the ride on the plans that were leaked, giving the height of the top of the lift hill above sea level and the height of the bottom of the hill above sea level. That’s where the 301’ drop was coming from. Could those really be wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Yes they are combining the queue lines 

I am honestly expecting a new Flight of Fear entrance sign because it looks as if you will enter from, well, Firehawk’s queue. Also, is there even a Flight of Fear entrance sign now? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I feel like Flight of Fear has the weirdest entrance in the park. There is no ride I.D. sign and you enter to the left of where you would think to enter.

Yeah I agree. It has one of the best themes in the park and the entrance just feels incomplete. Really hoping the repave some of that area over there too. Compared to other parts of the park it looks terrible.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, zacman777 said:

I thought we were basing the height of the ride on the plans that were leaked, giving the height of the top of the lift hill above sea level and the height of the bottom of the hill above sea level. That’s where the 301’ drop was coming from. Could those really be wrong?

Scale is wrong, why not jack with a few other numbers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I feel like Flight of Fear has the weirdest entrance in the park. There is no ride I.D. sign and you enter to the left of where you would think to enter.

19 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

Yeah I agree. It has one of the best themes in the park and the entrance just feels incomplete. Really hoping the repave some of that area over there too. Compared to other parts of the park it looks terrible.

Maybe with the new coaster they will add a FoF sign. Doesn't have to be on blueprints.

• Like 3

Nothing that sticks out to me as being the likely meaning of cmpd for sure:

https://www.acronymfinder.com/CMPD.html

(And the source of “the scale is wrong” is one new poster’s unsubstantiated claim)

edit: oh if you’re talking about the tiny scale on the first page, yes, it is wrong, by 2x IIRC, as was verified about 1000 posts back. However, the absolute coordinates of all the footers are not incorrect, and it is where people have derived the measurements.

• Like 4

Most 30vert results i get are 30" vertical

Got 1 30vert result from a company called Prioria which ironically had products called Leviathan and Maveric but after skimming through, no relation to anything here about teasing.

25cmpd- Nothing really except could stand for compound but that sounds pointless.  I think cmpd is a made up measurement unit for something.
centimeters per day?  I dont know.

• Like 3

So this is new, at least to me. In the FOF plaza, they are announcing codes: blue, yellow, green and red. All end with "please report to hangar 18." Is this new?

Also, on KMAA, the Zodiac signs say highest grade and trim brakes...highest KI coaster and trolling?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

So this is new, at least to me. In the FOF plaza, they are announcing codes: blue, yellow, green and red. All end with "please report to hangar 18." Is this new?

Also, on KMAA, the Zodiac signs say highest grade and trim brakes...highest KI coaster and trolling? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Now why would they be making fun of B&M like that? haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

we are getting a top thrill dragster clone

Don't tease

4 hours ago, zacman777 said:

This might be a dumb question, but what additional information would recently filed plans give us?

Footer locations for the rest of the ride. Maybe a drainage plan. Best case scenario would be a station building blueprint, but theres no reason to think that'll be submitted before the announcement, so it'll be useless info at that point.

1 hour ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

I'm sorry. I think this is going to be taller than what I'm seeing predicted. We know the scale on the plans are wrong. From scale measurements I'm taking from the footer 53.5 on the plans, (which is 25' 6" long) it looks to me like the lift hill distance from beginning to top is closer to 375' as opposed to 340' long. That means the height would be between 310' - 315', depending on the actual distance. I used the ride electrical partial site plan area 1 to get my scale measurement of 53.5, and then lift hill which shows the beginning footer and top of hill on it. Anybody out there is welcome to check me on this, I'm not an engineer.

You are wrong. That's just all there is to it. The foundation plan has the exact coords for the footers. The people surveying to place the stakes for where they place the footers use those. They don't sit there with a printout and a ruler and guess at it. They have coordinates down to the ten thousandths for a reason. What we are seeing on the ground now is matching up exactly with that foundation plan. We had already did the math before the electrical plan came out and were already suspecting that it would be right at, or under 300 foot tall. The electrical plan just confirmed the math and gave us the elevation of the top of the lift, the drop, and all of the peaks and valleys. Companies do not have completely fake plans drawn up and submitted to the city just to troll some enthusiasts. You are talking about thousands of dollars of engineering and architect time to do that. The fact of the matter is they grabbed a generic scale and inserted it into the plans and never fixed it because no one who matters in building the project uses the scale.

I get being disappointed and wanting something more, but, like you said, you aren't an engineer. Engineers and people who understand plans have looked at these and no one is concerned with the scale being off.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fryoj said:

I get being disappointed and wanting something more, but, like you said, you aren't an engineer. Engineers and people who understand plans have looked at these and no one is concerned with the scale being off.

Engineer here. You are correct about the scale. No one looks at those anyways. When I was a designer, 95% of the time i didn't even include the scale in my title block unless it was there by default in the customers template. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, EngineerX said:

Engineer here. You are correct about the scale. No one looks at those anyways. When I was a designer, 95% of the time i didn't even include the scale in my title block unless it was there by default in the customers template. 

This is so intriguing. @EngineerX you alluded to something extra being that we haven't figured out yet but then agreed to him saying that doesn't matter. Im confused on your standpoint lol

• Like 2

Sea level is sea level. Unless the sea level has spiked recently.

Sea level is sea level. Unless the sea level has spiked recently.

That isn’t exactly correct. They usually use the term MSL, for mean sea level, because the sea level can and does vary, just like the tides do. Other than daily tides there are also seasonal tides, which vary greatly.
  • Like 1

[mention=11743]MrSourNinja[/mention] just saying there are more answers there, but not the scale. That was an oversight that has turned into the biggest red herring. 

Answers pertaining to what exactly?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

If Invertigo is in fact leaving, it would be a little sad as it is one of the last of its kind. At the same time, I would love to see a floorless coaster go in that area (Congo Falls would probably have to be removed too).

I could see Congo Falls being relocated in the park closer to the other two water rides If that's the case. I think you're onto something there as far as having a Floorless roller coaster in the future. I would welcome that because I love Rougarou at Cedar Point and could see Kings Island getting a floorless someday because of guest popularity.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic