Decoding 2020

fryoj

[mention=11743]MrSourNinja[/mention] just saying there are more answers there, but not the scale. That was an oversight that has turned into the biggest red herring. 

Can you provide us some direction as toward what you believe we got wrong? Is it the height? Can you guide us where to look?

49 minutes ago, fryoj said:

You are wrong. That's just all there is to it. The foundation plan has the exact coords for the footers. The people surveying to place the stakes for where they place the footers use those. They don't sit there with a printout and a ruler and guess at it. They have coordinates down to the ten thousandths for a reason. What we are seeing on the ground now is matching up exactly with that foundation plan. We had already did the math before the electrical plan came out and were already suspecting that it would be right at, or under 300 foot tall. The electrical plan just confirmed the math and gave us the elevation of the top of the lift, the drop, and all of the peaks and valleys. Companies do not have completely fake plans drawn up and submitted to the city just to troll some enthusiasts. You are talking about thousands of dollars of engineering and architect time to do that. The fact of the matter is they grabbed a generic scale and inserted it into the plans and never fixed it because no one who matters in building the project uses the scale.

I get being disappointed and wanting something more, but, like you said, you aren't an engineer. Engineers and people who understand plans have looked at these and no one is concerned with the scale being off.

Geez....didn’t mean to put you on that ledge. It will be okay.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Shawn Meyer said:

I could see Congo Falls being relocated in the park closer to the other two water rides If that's the case. I think you're onto something there as far as having a Floorless roller coaster in the future. I would welcome that because I love Rougarou at Cedar Point and could see Kings Island getting a floorless someday because of guest popularity.

I also love Rougarou, which is why I’d love a floorless at KI.

Now, I think this is a really cool teaser campaign that they are doing. That FoF poster was cool, but I still call dibs on the Invertigo poster (Unless there are cooler posters to come, such as King Cobra, Son of Beast or Drop Tower/Delirium):P

• Like 1

I also love Rougarou, which is why I’d love a floorless at KI.
Now, I think this is a really cool teaser campaign that they are doing. That FoF poster was cool, but I still call dibs on the Invertigo poster (Unless there are cooler posters to come, such as King Cobra, Son of Beast or Drop Tower/Delirium)! 

Excuse me I called dibs first. I didn’t specify on what because there might be better ones, but Invertigo’s is my favorite so far, so get in line bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a flyer would be better than a floor-less honestly. The loss of Firehawk really showed me what a good, new flyer could do. Plus you could do it where Invertigo is and fly over and around the gate, or you could have it fly around in the woods (the cooler option imo). You cannot tell me a flyer that kept its average max height below the tree tops wouldn't be cool.

• Like 3

Just now, DiamondBanshee said:

Excuse me I called dibs first. I didn’t specify on what because there might be better ones, but Invertigo’s is my favorite so far, so get in line bud emoji36.pngemoji36.pngemoji36.png

Hey I saw them first doesn't that qualify me to get one!? :P

• Like 1

That’s what I was gonna say lol :P

Anyhow, I really like that they got rid of the mandatory VR for Galactica. If I ever get to riding coasters far from home, I would be  Happy to visit Alton Towers (for Oblivion, Wicker Man and Galactica) and Thorpe Park (for Collosseus). Also would love to get to Phantasialand in Germany because Taron and great theming.

-MDMC, taking wordplay to the movies

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^^I can and I will. See Galactica (formerly Air) at Alton Towers.

I just watched the POV for that and I think it looks awesome honestly... The layout could be a bit better but I think it looks very fun.

I think a flyer would be better than a floor-less honestly. The loss of Firehawk really showed me what a good, new flyer could do. Plus you could do it where Invertigo is and fly over and around the gate, or you could have it fly around in the woods (the cooler option imo). You cannot tell me a flyer that kept its average max height below the tree tops wouldn't be cool.

Have we seen a good new flyer though?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

Excuse me I called dibs first. I didn’t specify on what because there might be better ones, but Invertigo’s is my favorite so far, so get in line bud emoji36.pngemoji36.pngemoji36.png

My husband said earlier today “I’m surprised nobody has tried to steal those.” I’m beginning to think maybe he had a point :)

Although it’s still humorous to me to imagine someone trying to “sneak” out past about 100 employees between X-Base and the front gates, lugging an approximately 3 by 4 foot rigid poster.

If KI wants to start making prints/posters available again, I’d rather a Flight of Cheer one for my holiday decorating...

• Like 4

My husband said earlier today “I’m surprised nobody has tried to steal those.” I’m beginning to think maybe he had a point
Although it’s still humorous to me to imagine someone trying to “sneak” out past about 100 employees between X-Base and the front gates, lugging an approximately 3 by 4 foot rigid poster.

If we storm X-base, they can’t stop all of us!

Of course I’m being facetious... but I have the perfect place in my house to put one if there was a chance for us to get some, legally of course lmao

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I hope there is an entrance sign similar to Banshee’s or Fury 325’s next to the ride’s entrance. They could also put some theming in the old Firehawk photo booth where the riders are going to enter. With a stunning ride entrance, you feel more immersed into the experience, similar to walking up to Mystic Timbers and seeing the truck and hearing the audio.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I hope there is an entrance sign similar to Banshee’s or Fury 325’s next to the ride’s entrance. They could also put some theming in the old Firehawk photo booth where the riders are going to enter. With a stunning ride entrance, you feel more immersed into the experience, similar to walking up to Mystic Timbers and seeing the truck and hearing the audio.

I know this would probably never happen but imagine how cool it would be if the queue was inside a giant building like FOF . 

• Like 2

Excuse me I called dibs first. I didn’t specify on what because there might be better ones, but Invertigo’s is my favorite so far, so get in line bud

I called dibs but got no answer!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I know this would probably never happen but imagine how cool it would be if the queue was inside a giant building like FOF . 

Right?! Like mystic's theming is okay but let's be honest the queue is mediocre. Yeah the truck is cool but after that it isn't much. The shed is nice and definitely a welcomed break run sitting treat. But a queue like FOF would be appreciated by many I'm sure. Not to mention how much cooler it is when you hit that bunker entrance on a hot day!

• Like 5

Ok so I was to lazy to read through all of this and catch up sooooo.... is this dude right about how  the drop and height could be taller than 301 feet?
0E158ED5-458C-42C8-84AF-45A99F04271C.thumb.png.eb25558b33f79896debad25bbbe9886b.png

No it doesn’t look like that poster was right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^^I can and I will. See Galactica (formerly Air) at Alton Towers.

After watching the video of Galactica it brought a thought to my mind. So we all were thrown off by the use of Firehawk and Invertigo for the first teasers. What if, and that’s a BIG IF... they found a way to use the galactica style trains that load as an invert and then lay down. And turn Invertigo into a flying boomerang and BOOM immediately expand its life another 5+ years. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I remember when I was little and walking through the queue line crying because how dark it was  lol 

Two visits ago the lights were still like off in the FOF queue during the morning. That **** was creepy I ain’t gonna lie. Extremely dark and the bowl was dark too. Scary but cool. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• malem locked this topic