Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 minute ago, collin.klopfstein said:

_ o _ w _ _ _ k i == Roswell ki...

i really feel like this could be it.

#ROSWELLKI

I laid out similar size boxes and spacing. That doesn't work out unless they move posters. The sequence I posted is what matches although it may not be helpful right now

• Like 3

I find it odd that image on the Bayern Curve poster is not reminiscent of the original ride's theme.  The original ride, which was in Octoberfest, was themed to an Olympic Bobsled - not a space rocket orbiting the moon...

• Like 8

this might be a reach, but the rumor of the giga being named polaris could play into why bayern kurve was used. and polaris is the north star & its background had snow on it. not trying to read too deep into it but POLARis kinda jumps out. 

90C1FA1D-6C34-42D1-B100-8A6E8FBA075A.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You could spell Brouwer as in the mathematician. He's famous for his fixed point theorem. Not sure if/how that could connect anything. Basically the theorem is that in a bounded space, there will always be a point that is in exactly the same place as it was before, no matter the movement or change

• Like 5

i’m thinking there’s only one between the o & w and whoever placed it accidentally put it over too far. if we see an R,S,E, or L tomorrow, RoswellKI isn’t out of the running just yet. i have a theory we’ll see Vortex or Bavarian Beetle next.

• Like 5

Just now, Logic said:

You could spell Brouwer as in the mathematician. He's famous for his fixed point theorem. Not sure if/how that could connect anything. Basically the theorem is that in a bounded space, there will always be a point that is in exactly the same place as it was before, no matter the movement or change

It's an interesting theory.... but as a layman, I can say that this is the first time I've ever heard that name, and I don't know that a campaign for a roller coaster for the general public would use such an obscure reference. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lifetimecoaster said:

It's an interesting theory.... but as a layman, I can say that this is the first time I've ever heard that name, and I don't know that a campaign for a roller coaster for the general public would use such an obscure reference. 

I'm just throwing it out there. No clue how it would pertain. Only thing I can think of right now is they're "keeping" something that was maybe there before? Son of Beast reincarnation? lol In general, they don't make these simple so who knows how obscure they want to go

• Like 3

i think it’d be kinda cool if they renamed X-Base to Roswell, KI. the gp knows ab Roswell for the most part and it fits the space/military theme. and especially since on the blueprint we know there’s a hangar-themed station. 

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, yuhyuhyuh said:

i think it’d be kinda cool if they renamed X-Base to Roswell, KI. the gp knows ab Roswell for the most part and it fits the space/military theme. and especially since on the blueprint we know there’s a hangar-themed station. 

Roswell was on the FOF poster I dont think they would put it on there then use that as the Campaign. Project X is named that because of Xbase. Xbase name wont change. Roswell was the idea behind FOF in the late 90s. I think they threw it on FOF to add to space theme. But Roswell was a conspiracy about the UFO crashing and the government hiding it. The UFO is in FOF. I will be extremely surprised if that is the marketing hashtag for 2020, and the biggest roller coaster at Kings Island to date. Especially as it was in the 90s

• Like 4

Any chance that when Cedar Fair went over to europe to claim old rides to place in their parks, that a Bayern Curve could have been picked up?  Perhaps a Bayern Curve could be coming back as well as in the near future as part of a flat expansion in 2021, give them a year to move maintenance from its current spot out to the new buildings, tear those down next off season and install a handful of flats (and restrooms) back in that area and retheme it all to Roswell KI.  Food for thought

• Like 10

1 minute ago, medford said:

Any chance that when Cedar Fair went over to europe to claim old rides to place in their parks, that a Bayern Curve could have been picked up?  Perhaps a Bayern Curve could be coming back as well as in the near future as part of a flat expansion in 2021, give them a year to move maintenance from its current spot out to the new buildings, tear those down next off season and install a handful of flats (and restrooms) back in that area and retheme it all to Roswell KI.  Food for thought

bayern kurves are scarce and they all seem like they’re pretty permanent. with schwarzkopf not existing anymore and anything like that model not currently being in production i very well doubt that’s a risk KI will want to take. maintenance is probably a MESS on those things. besides i don’t see family flats going back there. i could see a gerstlauer skyroller before anything.

3 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

It could be possible that they put more than 1 letter on a poster

That does fit yuh's theory for roswell ; not what they've posted, but yeah, i guess they could throw a wrench like that

• Like 2

Let's forget all the letters for a moment.

There has to be some rhythm for why they are choosing certain rides per poster.

First 2 posters, rides were next to each other.

3rd is Invertigo 

Where in the park did this Bayern's kurve used to be? Could it have been in the Invertigo area?

• Like 1

Let's forget all the letters for a moment.

There has to be some rhythm for why they are choosing certain rides per poster.

First 2 posters, rides were next to each other.

3rd is Invertigo 

Where in the park did this Bayern's kurve used to be? Could it have been in the Invertigo area?

The first 2 posters were Invertigo and Firehawk. Flight of Fear was the 3rd poster added.

EDIT: DiamondBanshee beat me to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• malem locked this topic