Decoding 2020

fryoj

44 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

I cant see it ever running 3. It has it's own unloading area which takes longer plus its seats slows down loading due to people not knowing where to put the seatbelt, lol.

I've never seen an empty train in front of the unloading area.

I love the look of the trains but if we are honest, they are garbage. Terrible seatbelt location, not comfortable, hard to get in and out...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jdawg1998 said:

Throwback to a few days ago and the onslaught of attacks on KI for delivering horrible teasers...

I'm not sure if you're saying these teasers are terrible, or if you're saying everyone who complained was wrong but if it's the latter I'm not sure if I'd agree yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

I wonder if they'll be using Zodiac? One of those rides I miss that was part of the skyline.

Zodiac.jpg

I loved this ride!!

5 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

I love the look of the trains but if we are honest, they are garbage. Terrible seatbelt location, not comfortable, hard to get in and out...

Better than the original restraints

6 hours ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Well that made it more confusing.... However, the W is out of sequence number... so are they throwing it even more off by hanging them out of sequence now, and then moving them back into sequence? Is it going to be a hashtag? Will it be #URWRONGKI? 

Sequence# could refer to the order in which the letters are supposed to go. They might be placing them in a scrambled fashion, but it is still too early to tell. 

Another theory is they will place the posters up to spell one thing, but if you put the letters in sequence order, they might spell something else, such as the ride's name. 

Or the sequence numbers could be a red herring. But one thing I love about today's poster is how much it played against our expectations simply by using a ride that is a) not a coaster b) obscure and c) has been defunct for a really long time. It is a nice little tribute to the park's history and I hope some of the other posters follow a similar route. :)  

• Like 7

I have a hard time believing that the first 2 posters were misprinteed. Especially now that the FoF poster has changed. If the Bayren Kurve poster changes tomorrow,  I all but guarantee that the changes are significant. 

Is anyone able to post every version of each poster in one post to look for clues as to what has changed?  I have pics the way they were yesterday around 1700 when we were there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Jallie79 said:

I have a hard time believing that the first 2 posters were misprinteed. Especially now that the FoF poster has changed. If the Bayren Kurve poster changes tomorrow,  I all but guarantee that the changes are significant. 

Is anyone able to post every version of each poster in one post to look for clues as to what has changed?  I have pics the way they were yesterday around 1700 when we were there.

This guy gets it. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

I'm not sure if you're saying these teasers are terrible, or if you're saying everyone who complained was wrong but if it's the latter I'm not sure if I'd agree yet.

The latter. I say this because the teasers are working. All of you are flipping out trying to decipher what they mean, and it's only been a day.

That means they're doing a good job.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, kissfan4 said:

This is really making me wonder why not. 

They probably are filing them under another name now. So if you go ask for KI prints, they have nothing under that name. But if you go in and ask for Cedar Fair, Kings Island incorporated, or Bill's concrete company, or whatever they are under they'd have to provide them. 

And no one go in there hassling them over prints trying to figure out why they aren't providing them. Those people are just doing their job and don't care the least bit about this stuff. 

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

So I would agree with this point. After changing 2 signs out the first day it seems like whoever is doing the sign hanging would get it right, if for no other reason than to keep from having to make that walk out to the far side of XBase. 

But given the fact that the number of people who know that these signs are changing is so low, the question is: why are they changing them if it's not because a mistake was made?

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Also, the 300 pages means this thread has crossed the Giga threshold; woo! :D

Also, I thought FOF still ran with three trains...

It crossed into giga threshold back on page 296. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, WailsLikeABanshee said:

What was it when it went to Australia? And I could go either way on counting it, while still justifying counting Firehawk, because it's name changed when it came, not left.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Firehawk had one name while at KI just like Bayern.  Both had another name at another park.

• Like 1

Maybe the theme of the posters are Past, Present and Future?! Of course we will know soon enough but not without lots of debating what we are now seeing getting displayed on the wall. I believe all the changes to the posters have been for a planned reason. I anxiously await each day!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Turtlepower said:

So I would agree with this point. After changing 2 signs out the first day it seems like whoever is doing the sign hanging would get it right, if for no other reason than to keep from having to make that walk out to the far side of XBase. 

But given the fact that the number of people who know that these signs are changing is so low, the question is: why are they changing them if it's not because a mistake was made?

At first, my thought was along with everyone else and they made a mistake.  After 3, I'm tending to lean toward there being a reason for the changes. 

If the 4th gets changed tomorrow, I can't believe they were just merely mistakes and the changes are relevant to this campaign.  If they are just mistakes, someone needs to lose thier job because you'd think by then, they would have figured it out.  Lol

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, BruceWayneWins said:

I don't see how it could have fit four without crashing coasters or constantly stopping one mid ride. There was one loading, one unloading, one on the ride.

The break run is long enough for two before the exit run I think? There is also the mid course so there is stopping room for 5 trains on the course.

• Like 1

Just wanted to say to everyone, I'm loving this thread again.  The dedication to decode is fierce!!

I know the mods put all the pictures of the teasers in one thread (locked), can you put both versions there for easy reference?

• Like 7

I don't see how it could have fit four without crashing coasters or constantly stopping one mid ride. There was one loading, one unloading, one on the ride.
They are multiple blocks, Load, and they can park a train between unload and load in the turn around of the track that you can't see. They are also another block before you go into the unload station, then of course the MCBR. So that's 5 blocks so yes it could have ran 4 trains. However the ride never ran with 4 but they did have 4. When the restraints were switched to Lap Bars only 3 trains were changed. They still have 3 trains, but they don't operate it with 3. They rotate a train out each year, one train usually goes through rehab during the season so technically they only have to rehab one train during off season. AE does this as well. As

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2019 at 7:27 PM, FUN&ONLY! said:

Any updates on the name? I love your updates and was just wondering if you have discovered anything new yet with the trademark applications?

Both trademark applications are tentatively approved pending required subtractions.

Both ORION and POLARIS applications shared common language with several existing trademarks, so the examiner listed several items that would need to be removed from the new trademark applications in order to be approved, including sunglasses, shot glasses, carrying bags, keychains, and anything Class 25 (clothing, footwear, headwear, etc.).

Now CF has 6 months (1/17/20) to respond the examiner's request, either agreeing to the required subtractions, or offer an argument that what they're applying for would not cause possible confusion with existing, similar trademarks (which I doubt they'll try to fight). If no response is given in this 6 month timeframe, then the applications are abandoned. Applying for new trademark applications could happen as well. 

Now on initial glance, this looks great--both trademark applications are basically approved, right? Well, the notable required subtraction is anything Class 25, which includes clothing. Meaning, they would not be able to sell any t-shirts, hats, etc. with the new coaster's name on it. That's not exactly a deal breaker, but can you imagine a giga coaster that doesn't have its own matching shirts to go along with it?

For this reason, I think they'll add a modifier to one or both of these names to get around this sticking point, meaning they'll need to file new application(s)... something like Polaris 301 or Orion 301. That, or they'll pull a whole new, different name the day before or day of the announcement, which CF does have a history of doing as well. Totally up in the air at this point, but I'm still checking on the trademark applications every morning, and I'll update when there's anything noteworthy.

Below are screenshots of both applications' approval-ish letters. Note that each has its own unique list of items that need to be subtracted from the applications, but for the most part, they're similar.

A6470506-91A2-43D7-9435-BC202FA42E28.png

4B941710-759C-4454-A857-D21584CF7E21.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

37 minutes ago, BSBMX said:

Both trademark applications are tentatively approved pending required subtractions.

Both ORION and POLARIS applications shared common language with several existing trademarks, so the examiner listed several items that would need to be removed from the new trademark applications in order to be approved, including sunglasses, shot glasses, carrying bags, keychains, and anything Class 25 (clothing, footwear, headwear, etc.).

Now CF has 6 months (1/17/20) to respond the examiner's request, either agreeing to the required subtractions, or offer an argument that what they're applying for would not cause possible confusion with existing, similar trademarks (which I doubt they'll try to fight). If no response is given in this 6 month timeframe, then the applications are abandoned. Applying for new trademark applications could happen as well. 

Now on initial glance, this looks great--both trademark applications are basically approved, right? Well, the notable required subtraction is anything Class 25, which includes clothing. Meaning, they would not be able to sell any t-shirts, hats, etc. with the new coaster's name on it. That's not exactly a deal breaker, but can you imagine a giga coaster that doesn't have its own matching shirts to go along with it?

For this reason, I think they'll add a modifier to one or both of these names to get around this sticking point, meaning they'll need to file new application(s)... something like Polaris 301 or Orion 301. That, or they'll pull a whole new, different name the day before or day of the announcement, which CF does have a history of doing as well. Totally up in the air at this point, but I'm still checking on the trademark applications every morning, and I'll update when there's anything noteworthy.

Below are screenshots of both applications' approval-ish letters. Note that each has its own unique list of items that need to be subtracted from the applications, but for the most part, they're similar.

Yeah the qualifiers kill the names as-is imo. Merch is part of these things, and there is nothing about those names in their base form that would make them need to use them. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Maddog said:

Just wanted to say to everyone, I'm loving this thread again.  The dedication to decode is fierce!!

I know the mods put all the pictures of the teasers in one thread (locked), can you put both versions there for easy reference?

If somone has the other version and can send them to me I will add it to the thread. 

They must be your photos, not someone else's or on a Google search.

• Like 5

Saw some guy on reddit saying he wrote a python script that came up with Moonwalking.

It will spell "Moonwalking".

Explanation: I interpret the spacing of the letters as _ _ O _ W _ _ K I _ _ from the picture provided in this thread by /u/strmtrpr15. I then wrote a short python script to check 466551 English words and tell me which ones fit the pattern. Of the five that match ("hoodwinking", "ironworking", "moonwalking", "woodworking", and "woolworking"), only "moonwalking" seems to fit the theme.

Credit to u/sticklefront.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Rallyomalley said:

Saw some guy on reddit saying he wrote a python script that came up with Moonwalking.

It will spell "Moonwalking".

Explanation: I interpret the spacing of the letters as _ _ O _ W _ _ K I _ _ from the picture provided in this thread by /u/strmtrpr15. I then wrote a short python script to check 466551 English words and tell me which ones fit the pattern. Of the five that match ("hoodwinking", "ironworking", "moonwalking", "woodworking", and "woolworking"), only "moonwalking" seems to fit the theme.

Credit to u/sticklefront.

Which is great until tomorrow when they replace 3 of the 4 signs already up with totally new letters. And it doesn't account for the fact that we don't truly know how many characters there will be.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

Which is great until tomorrow when they replace 3 of the 4 signs already up with totally new letters. And it doesn't account for the fact that we don't truly know how many characters there will be.

Yeah I really get the feeling the posters are going to get switched around.

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic