Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

They are multiple blocks, Load, and they can park a train between unload and load in the turn around of the track that you can't see. They are also another block before you go into the unload station, then of course the MCBR. So that's 5 blocks so yes it could have ran 4 trains. However the ride never ran with 4 but they did have 4. When the restraints were switched to Lap Bars only 3 trains were changed. They still have 3 trains, but they don't operate it with 3. They rotate a train out each year, one train usually goes through rehab during the season so technically they only have to rehab one train during off season. AE does this as well. As

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Getting off topic but it still shocks me that AE had 3 trains and FoF had 4.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I am okay with Adventure Express only running two trains, but I would get kind of annoyed waiting in an hour long line for Flight of Fear when there is another train permanently residing in a maintenance building across from the ride. I am just worried about next year when its ridership is even higher because everyone will want to ride it while they are in X-Base. The lines are already too long on dead days, and I can only imagine waiting in that line with the whole park and particularly that area being packed. Since the park obviously knows that Flight of Fear’s line will get long next season and because it only puts through 600 rider per hour, do you think the park will add the third train back on next season? It could almost double the ride’s capacity, and the Flight of Fear teaser poster even hints at this where it says *1,200/HR. It also looks like they are doing some modifications to Flight of Fear with an expanded queue line and new lockers, so I see adding an extra train as a possibility to help deal with the crowds. The fact that they are making the queue line longer just shows that they are already thinking about Flight of Fear’s future crowds. I could also see the park adding a third train to Flight of Fear for only a season or two to get it over the heavy crowds of the new ride. After this, they will probably return to two train operations and switch out one train each year.

708A0A99-F40F-4DDF-BD39-6763EF0999C8.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I could also see the park adding a third train to Flight of Fear for only a season or two to get it over the heavy crowds of the new ride. After this, they will probably return to two train operations and switch out one train each year.

Maybe new trains with over shoulder to waist only restraints? 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

So what was the new sequence again? 

What ride and letter went from 7 to 5 or 5 to 7?

Previously, W was at 3, O was 5, K at 8, I at 9 But I am unfamiliar with the changes that are happening to the posters. Are the sequence numbers themselves changing? 

If possible, could someone detail all the changes that have been made to these posters?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SonofBaconator said:

I remember when Adventure Express had three trains. I think one of the block brakes was on the second lift.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rallyomalley said:

Saw some guy on reddit saying he wrote a python script that came up with Moonwalking.

It will spell "Moonwalking".

Explanation: I interpret the spacing of the letters as _ _ O _ W _ _ K I _ _ from the picture provided in this thread by /u/strmtrpr15. I then wrote a short python script to check 466551 English words and tell me which ones fit the pattern. Of the five that match ("hoodwinking", "ironworking", "moonwalking", "woodworking", and "woolworking"), only "moonwalking" seems to fit the theme.

Credit to u/sticklefront.

There isn't enough room for two more letters behind the KI. There's a picture that shows as much with the perspective layout. Only one letter can squeeze behind it

19 hours ago, SpectralBeacon said:

Fence Perspective.png

Hey all, I did a quick perspective match on the picture from the WildGravity Twitter page (Available Here) All current posters line up properly with each other (FOFs poster was off by like an inch or so), and this shows the available space left.

This is what I'm referring to. There's not enough room for two more unless it's overhanging or something is adjusted several inches. I feel like measuring to place in the right spot would be a pretty basic thing to not mess up drastically 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PKIVortex said:

They are multiple blocks, Load, and they can park a train between unload and load in the turn around of the track that you can't see. They are also another block before you go into the unload station, then of course the MCBR. So that's 5 blocks so yes it could have ran 4 trains. However the ride never ran with 4 but they did have 4. When the restraints were switched to Lap Bars only 3 trains were changed. They still have 3 trains, but they don't operate it with 3. They rotate a train out each year, one train usually goes through rehab during the season so technically they only have to rehab one train during off season. AE does this as well. As

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

How sure are you that it never ran 4 trains?  I recall early on, the ride would almost always come to a complete stop in the MCBR.  However, the rest of this is correct, when they would run a third train, they would almost always have one waiting in the turnaround between the load and unload station.  I'm sure the park has assessed the capacity difference in running 2 and 3 trains and it's probably not significant.

2 hours ago, MDMC01 said:

I remember when Adventure Express had three trains. I think one of the block brakes was on the second lift.

AE had a big stacking problem on the second lift.  I assume that's why they stopped running the third train.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

I am okay with Adventure Express only running two trains, but I would get kind of annoyed waiting in an hour long line for Flight of Fear when there is another train permanently residing in a maintenance building across from the ride. I am just worried about next year when its ridership is even higher because everyone will want to ride it while they are in X-Base. The lines are already too long on dead days, and I can only imagine waiting in that line with the whole park and particularly that area being packed. Since the park obviously knows that Flight of Fear’s line will get long next season and because it only puts through 600 rider per hour, do you think the park will add the third train back on next season? It could almost double the ride’s capacity, and the Flight of Fear teaser poster even hints at this where it says *1,200/HR. It also looks like they are doing some modifications to Flight of Fear with an expanded queue line and new lockers, so I see adding an extra train as a possibility to help deal with the crowds. The fact that they are making the queue line longer just shows that they are already thinking about Flight of Fear’s future crowds. I could also see the park adding a third train to Flight of Fear for only a season or two to get it over the heavy crowds of the new ride. After this, they will probably return to two train operations and switch out one train each year.

708A0A99-F40F-4DDF-BD39-6763EF0999C8.png

Honestly I could personally see them converting the fourth train so they will always have the ability to have one being rebuilt and maintenanced while running 3 consistently, simply because it would make sense for the traffic it's going to get now, I actually remember when it ran 3 trains and it was very sensible, you would clear the inside show area within the time of the video.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

I love people are like waiting lol. Like me unfortunately ha, I will be there tonight. 

I'm sitting here waiting too.  Unfortunately, won't be down till tomorrow night for Island nights.  Why does X-Base have to be so far from Soak City...lol

4 mins now. Hahaha

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jallie79 said:

I'm sitting here waiting too.  Unfortunately, won't be down till tomorrow night for Island nights.  Why does X-Base have to be so far from Soak City...lol

4 mins now. Hahaha

Right lol I could technically run up on my lunch break but that will be to late lol. Ill see it in person tonight. 

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic