Decoding 2020

fryoj

So here are closeups showing the areas that have been taped over (look at the lines). There is tape on yesterday’s teaser but doesn’t look like it has changed.088dcb7990ac2af091eaad72f5281b24.jpg413ed10a75c682e52a39700cedef3673.jpgb90e0e7c3e2476e192aaf208f02ca17c.jpg

Visual Sensory Deprivation... makes me think of a coaster with a VR headset. They had one at Legoland. Maybe that explains the random changes? They always make it an option, on if you want to wear it when riding.
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

Visual Sensory Deprivation... makes me think of a coaster with a VR headset. They had one at Legoland. Maybe that explains the random changes? They always make it an option, on if you want to wear it when riding.

First ever giga with a vr head set. Fighting aliens in a fighter jet in space

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

Is that on the FOF poster? If so prolly because it is dark in there with occasional bright lights

9 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

First ever giga with a vr head set. Fighting aliens in a fighter jet in space

Please no! People have enough issues with, "seat belt before lap bar." No need to majorly get people confused. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 8

Yes for real.

They removed VR on iron dragon at Cedar Point.

I rode it a few times. I had to hold onto their headset if they didn't want me losing it.

Think it's a high potential to lose lots of money plus falling objects on ride possible.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

Yes for real.

They removed VR on iron dragon at Cedar Point.

I rode it a few times. I had to hold onto their headset if they didn't want me losing it.

Think it's a high potential to lose lots of money plus falling objects on ride possible.

Plus it slows the operation down a lot. I love VR, but they would be better suited with actual special effects if they want to do something different.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Joshua said:

I've never understood VR on rollercoasters. You'd think riding one would be spectacle enough. 

Iron Dragon is a piece of slow meandering trash and the only redeemable thing about it was when they put VR with it. 

Anyway. On topic. I have no idea on these posters just enjoying the ride 

• Like 3

Just now, _capture_the_thrills_ said:

Except they’re technically called footings.

I'll make sure I go tell those guys that actually know what they are doing that someone on the internet said they were wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fryoj said:

I'll make sure I go tell those guys that actually know what they are doing that someone on the internet said they were wrong. 

Just don't tell the guys that call them "foundations". Which is a more common reference than both. 

*and yes. I know the difference between footings/footers and foundations. Just saying the guys doing the work, or even designing them use it interchangeably 

• Like 2

Can confirm the two areas of tape/sticker that were posted by emotional_rollercoasters are there. One is fixing the incorrect ridership for FoF and the other is correcting whatever that means on Bayern Kurve. Also, not directly mentioned, the change of FoF’s sequence number was also done with tape/sticker. 74961110-0E29-4A1F-BB24-3373B45D3C2F.jpeg

(hope it shows, I can’t see my phone well)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Riddle me this. Is it cheaper to fix a coroplast sign with an extremely specifically designed tape, or reprint the poster? 

Why would they continue to make mistakes and not proofread their work? 

Again, these "mistakes" are significant. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, EngineerX said:

Riddle me this. Is it cheaper to fix a coroplast sign with an extremely specifically designed tape, or reprint the poster? 

Why would they continue to make mistakes and not proofread their work? 

Again, these "mistakes" are significant. 

They taped over things on the Banshee teaser posters as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Can confirm the two areas of tape/sticker that were posted by emotional_rollercoasters are there. One is fixing the incorrect ridership for FoF and the other is correcting whatever that means on Bayern Kurve. Also, not directly mentioned, the change of FoF’s sequence number was also done with tape/sticker. 74961110-0E29-4A1F-BB24-3373B45D3C2F.jpeg

(hope it shows, I can’t see my phone well)

To confirm and add to what @Magenta Lizardsaid...  here is a pic I just took that shows it well. 

20190725_183414.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

For the GP to not be seeing it's taped up..  Making me think when they put the last poster up, someone will remove the tape on all of them at the same time.

So.... can someone take all the information that has been taped over/on the tape and compile it? Perhaps we can see something there. 

What if it’s not what’s under the tape that is being “revealed” when it is peeled off, but is what the tape makes when it is removed and put together somehow?

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic