non metallic
newton meter
newtonian mechanics
noise monitoring
nitronium perchlorate
non overlapping multi carrier

I believe the wtoki is power to Kings Island

1 hour ago, EngineerX said:

Riddle me this. Is it cheaper to fix a coroplast sign with an extremely specifically designed tape, or reprint the poster? 

Why would they continue to make mistakes and not proofread their work? 

Again, these "mistakes" are significant. 

So do we expect the ride experience to change? Of course we would from day to night but Is it possible to have more than one train type? 

Did FoF ever change train types? If so how many rides were given on the old type? 

How many rides were given on FoF under the old, Outer Limits name? 

Just throwing some things out there that may make sense with what EngineerX is saying. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, EngineerX said:

Riddle me this. Is it cheaper to fix a coroplast sign with an extremely specifically designed tape, or reprint the poster? 

Why would they continue to make mistakes and not proofread their work? 

Again, these "mistakes" are significant. 

I guess it depends on who is actually doing the printing. If KI is doing it in-house, then it seems like it would absolutely be easier to print a new one up.

If it's not in-house, and they're having someone else print them then that might change things a little. Maybe they purchased signs from one company with intentionally incorrect information so that if there were a leak of the signs they wouldn't have their marketing campaign spoiled by the internet? Then had the stickers printed by someone else, put them on the incorrect posters to make them correct?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Someone at Kings Island this evening told me the posters are made at Cedar Point in a sign shop by Steel Vengeance. 

That wouldn't surprise me. Its called the P&D building. For my internship I had to go there a lot to pick up materials for the campground I worked at. If I were to compare it to anything it would be the Chocolate Factory because it was kinda whimsical and fun to walk through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Is there any chance geographically that the blueprints we’ve seen are accurate all the way through the final element but instead of turning left into the brake run it goes into another element to burn off the momentum we know it’s carrying. Is there actual land out there to even make that a possibility?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It looks like someone has already tried to peel off some of the tape, but it doesn’t seem like it came off at all easily. I don’t think there are any plans for a grand reveal, pulling off the tape. I’m fairly certain it’s just there to cover “mistakes.” 4DD7A3B6-3720-4228-A48B-766063E47FA1.jpeg

However... I looked closely at the changes that were made on the first two posters and they definitely were just printed that way. Which means, if the signs are printed up at CP, two versions of each of those were sent from the very beginning. 

I still haven’t come up with a scenario there that I feel makes total sense, tho...

• Like 8

Just throwing this out there. Wild hair made do a quick search.  The AZ on the Firehawk poster made look at Phoenix.  Did a space related search and ASU is home to the Mars Space Flight Facility mars.asu.edu.  Also, AZ is home to 17 International Dark Sky Communities.  NASA also trained crews to work on the lunar surface east of Flagstaff.

Not much but could definately hint at thememing.  Still working on the others. I mean I feel FoF is obvious with NM and Roswell. Lol. But I'll share what I find if anything.

• Like 2

Sorry for the double post but just found this too. It's from azcentral.com

The mission, led by the University of Arizona, sent an unmanned spacecraft to Mars. The craft landed May 25, 2008, in the northern region. The stationary craft was the first to confirm the long-held theory that water, in the form of ice, exists on Mars.

The Phoenix Mars Mission also found nutrients in the soil that are necessary to support life, including minerals such as sodium, magnesium and chloride as well as a salt called perchlorate. Microbes on Earth use perchlorate as an energy source.

Cameras aboard the lander also captured more than 25,000 pictures, showing jagged rocks scattered over a rust-colored landscape.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, fryoj said:

tElL ThAt To AlL ThE PeOpLe WhO AcTuAlLy PouR CoNcReTe ThaT CalL TheM FoOtErS. 

Ooooooff. 

It's a joke, friend. From the days of the footing/footer debate raging across these hallowed forums. 

Hopefully when this thing opens, a couple people on this site take a few laps and mellow out.

The ride should be silky smooth since it's built atop some well-poured footings.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

But if you're reading the signs, you're already at KI.

Interesting. Don has been mentioning the use of technology lately, how many feet of data we scroll through on our phones. He’s changed his Twitter background to depict data usage and such. Perhaps the clues are meant for those who are scrolling through the information and once “now go to ki” is available to us they want us to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

It looks like someone has already tried to peel off some of the tape, but it doesn’t seem like it came off at all easily. I don’t think there are any plans for a grand reveal, pulling off the tape. I’m fairly certain it’s just there to cover “mistakes.” 

Yeah, I was never quite behind the "peeling off" scenario because they'd have to figure, as evidenced in your photo, some bozo out there would try to peel it off themselves and voila, there goes that epic reveal. 

I think these changes mean something. I am definitely convinced that if the sequence number "changes," it means that the poster's letter is used more than once. 

But what I can't figure out is what the changes to the statistical data means. The best theory is that the larger numbers are hiding stats to the rides, but why change those numbers? Are we supposed to subtract the original stats from the updated stats? 

Whoever thought this up is either completely insane or utterly brilliant. 

• Like 2

I personally don't see why they would fill up another poster spot for another "O" if they were going to use the tape to change the sequence to fill multiple letters. The "now go to KI" would need another "O" to be posted separate from the other "O." Seems like a weird way of trying to "trip" people up as now g to KI wouldn't exactly be hard to find the last "O"

8 hours ago, Gordon Bombay said:

Ooooooff. 

It's a joke, friend. From the days of the footing/footer debate raging across these hallowed forums. 

Hopefully when this thing opens, a couple people on this site take a few laps and mellow out.

The ride should be silky smooth since it's built atop some well-poured footings.

I'm going to take a few laps for Dale to cool off.

• Thanks 1

What I don't get, if these signs are made in Sandusky, how did they get all the way to KI with this amount of errors?  How much harder is it to get make a piece of tape that matches up perfectly and cover up these mistakes vs just printing a whole new poster?  That tells me that these are "intentional", there should be enough eyeballs that look over these both before and after printing to catch a vast majority of these "mistakes".  One or two slipping thru?  Sure, but this many?  No way.  The only thing that seems reasonable to me, is the reference that there were mistakes on the original plans that got posted and perhaps we don't know all that we think we know.  Or perhaps they plans are perfectly good and they are just having fun that one of the plans scale was off when submitted for review (though likely corrected before being issued for construction and this is their way of "having fun"

either way, I still have no clue what the information on the posters is trying to tell us, though I am enjoying them; I'm sure some of them are herrings, but some of them will jump out clear as day once the ride is announced as clues all along.

• Like 4

i have a random theory. i saw on here people said they’re going in order of their opening. the sequence layout supports this so far.

1. ?

2. ?

3. Bayern Kurve (1973)

4. ?

5. ?

6. Vortex (1987)

7. Flight of Fear (1996)

8. Invertigo (1999)

9. Firehawk (2007)

i feel like #1 will be racer because it was their first (big) coaster and the marquis attraction for opening day. i feel like they’ll include beast in this because it’s their most famous coaster. i think beast will be #4 & skylab will be #5 since it fits the space theme. idk if this holds any weight at all but i thought i’d shout it out just incase. 

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic