Decoding 2020

fryoj

41 minutes ago, medford said:

What I don't get, if these signs are made in Sandusky, how did they get all the way to KI with this amount of errors?  How much harder is it to get make a piece of tape that matches up perfectly and cover up these mistakes vs just printing a whole new poster?  That tells me that these are "intentional", there should be enough eyeballs that look over these both before and after printing to catch a vast majority of these "mistakes".  One or two slipping thru?  Sure, but this many?  No way.  The only thing that seems reasonable to me, is the reference that there were mistakes on the original plans that got posted and perhaps we don't know all that we think we know.  Or perhaps they plans are perfectly good and they are just having fun that one of the plans scale was off when submitted for review (though likely corrected before being issued for construction and this is their way of "having fun"

either way, I still have no clue what the information on the posters is trying to tell us, though I am enjoying them; I'm sure some of them are herrings, but some of them will jump out clear as day once the ride is announced as clues all along.

It's actually much easier and more cost efficient to print out a portion of the artwork on a piece of 8.5"x11" adhesive backed paper and then trim it down than it is to reprint the entire thing to make a correction. I think everyone if reading too much into shoddy design work and posters going out with mistakes on them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, supertrooper said:

It's actually much easier and more cost efficient to print out a portion of the artwork on a piece of 8.5"x11" adhesive backed paper and then trim it down than it is to reprint the entire thing to make a correction. I think everyone if reading too much into shoddy design work and posters going out with mistakes on them.

but what if the use of tape means the coaster will be held together by tape? /s

• Haha 1

They dont make that many mistakes. And they already have the enthusiasts going crazy and decoding. If we were decoding mistakes and that many of them I think they would come down entirely. And by poster three they would check it and put the tape on it before it goes out. Not leave it up for a day then cover it. 

These aint mistakes folks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, JonahWilliamson said:

They dont make that many mistakes. And they already have the enthusiasts going crazy and decoding. If we were decoding mistakes and that many of them I think they would come down entirely. And by poster three they would check it and put the tape on it before it goes out. Not leave it up for a day then cover it. 

Don sent the intern to do this to drive us all nuts.  Don is laughing at us.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

I would almost guarantee that they are.  

Also, they aren't posting these posters for KIC, they are posting them for the GP.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

I would almost guarantee that they are.  

Also, they aren't posting these posters for KIC, they are posting them for the GP.

*sees poster 4 on twitter* 

"oh looks like we messed up again go fix it"

Then to not check the next poster before it goes out. 

Highly Unlikely 

Especially if these changes are still happening. If they had this many mess ups the posters for the rest of the campaign would be fixed before even going outside.

EDIT: these changes could mean nothing but to just throw us off. but they fo show on purpose

Edited by JonahWilliamson
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

*sees poster 4 on twitter* 

"oh looks like we messed up again go fix it"

Then to not check the next poster before it goes out. 

Highly Unlikely 

Especially if these changes are still happening. If they had this many mess ups the posters for the rest of the campaign would be fixed before even going outside.

You're giving them way too much credit. I work in the printing and design industry...incorrect files go out all of the time unfortunately, and the brands I work on are national brands (Hershey, P&G, Kimberly-Clark, Pepsi, etc.). Usually the mistake is caught by the client before printing, but sometimes it actually goes to print. The people working on these posters were probably more concerned about them looking good and ended up making copy errors...either by typesetting the copy incorrectly or copying and pasting from the wrong source. The quality assurance and proofreading at the sign shop is apparently not that great. 

The first two posters were replaced completely most likely because they were the wrong set of prints and they were only out there for such a short period of time before it was noticed. The other one was taped over because it had the wrong ridership numbers, which was pointed out here. I've already noticed other issues which I mentioned in a previous post (font usage and punctuation inconsistencies, the verbiage missing on Invertigo's poster, etc). They made mistakes...consistently.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic