Decoding 2020

fryoj

19 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Maybe testing youtube for a live announcement  

The only problem there is when you go live right now it works well. When you've got numerous entities and individuals there trying to go live, bandwidth goes to crap. I hope KI addresses this. So I'm planning on being there this time so I don't miss it. And before someone says "They know what they're doing.", remember Banshee and MT. 

• Like 6

No new tweets from KI in 24 hours, nothing new on Facebook since Saturday. Is there something getting ready to be unleashed?
Quite possibly. Wasn't there a big gap before teasers started for MT?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Mystics was a nightmare. Holiday world did better with thunderbirds. they had a host, a guy asking questions, and the stream moved smoothly

Yeah, Thunderbirds announcement looked really fun with that guy pumping everyone up and talking to people and asking guests questions. I wish Kings Island would do something similar! 

Also sorry for the double post. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

Minus the little "steel" stars looking too much like Steelers logo lol Other then that it looks amazing!

True. I can't take credit for the logo anyway. I just did a google image search for Orion and there was a place called The Orion Labs...I took their logo, removed two stars and added a gradient. I didn't feel like putting that much effort into creating a logo of my own.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supertrooper said:

True. I can't take credit for the logo anyway. I just did a google image search for Orion and there was a place called The Orion Labs...I took their logo, removed two stars and added a gradient. I didn't feel like putting that much effort into creating a logo of my own.

I got ya right on.

Still pretty cool.

5 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

But you missed the tape that should be covering parts of it.

Nice work though. Looks great! lol

The tape is the logo, underneath it says POLARIS ;)

• Like 6
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

I’d love to keep arguing about B&M and Intamin, but the fact is this is B&M. Both have problems, Intamin have much more. Intamin also have many more injuries/deaths on rides manufactured by them. These are facts. Intamin is also known for having extended downtime on many of their coasters (the Stratas come to mind) but this is partially due to them pushing the envelope on what can and should be done. B&M chooses to thoroughly design and check everything about their rides, often not pushing the envelope as much, and going with what they know.

Out of the gigas, I’ve only ridden Mille and Fury, and while I know this is unfair as one was built 15 years after the other, Fury is much more intense that Mille. It depends not on what company builds the coaster, but the layout they give to it. A giga will already be fairly intense as it’s 300’ (or about so) and goes 90+ mph. After that, it’s whatever the designers designs. With the design given, I think there is a lot of potential for intensity and a lot of space to falter. Look too at Levi and I305. One is very intense and the other not so much, so it is not inherently a designer thing, as I mentioned previously.

So about KIs giga...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I have no bias for any company. I've enjoyed coasters from both Intamin and B&M. I've not ridden Fury but have I305 and MForce, enjoyed those. I love Maverick, but I also love DB and Banshee. I'm just excited to see Project X and its numbers. I would like to see a ride taller than the Eiffel Tower at KI. Disney doesn't allow any ride taller than the castle at the Magic Kingdom, KI isn't Disney. Build one bigger for once.  

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic