Decoding 2020

fryoj

And I’m reminded why I quit posting here. Instead of active discussions on topic or not they would rather just delete the comments instead of moving them. There’s nothing going on today so a little off topic discussion isn’t a big deal. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

There's no harm for most people following this thread in real-time, but having a page or two of (for example) Intamin vs. B&M banter has frustrated some of those trying to catch up later.

Coaster manufacturer debate is more than welcome in the appropriate topics; we just want to keep it out of the 327-page-long decoding thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

This is strange, their website says they used to make promotional videos, but they don’t do it anymore. Maybe this information is outdated like the rest of their website, but I don’t know why Kings Island would hire them for this project if they aren’t going to make promotional videos.

The Notice of Commencement and plans are for physical construction. They would not include anything about videos or promotional materials on it. 

6 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Think I just found metal beams for the station on the high way, we are going up to Kings Island so we will find out

They would not use metal beams like that for the station. That is way too heavy of a material for the station. Anything that would have to support the coaster would come from CSF and would be painted already.

11 minutes ago, APE said:

Some more concrete work and no teasers theres your fun update of the day we can all go now. 

93b68b3312eb7f0f68b56adb9d0ac4fe.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, malem said:

Just a reminder to keep the Intamin vs. B&M posts out of this thread. If anyone really wants to bump that discussion, here's the place to do it:

Actually, this thread should still be able to discuss Intamin, and other such rides. Since they are listed on the posters.:P

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Minus the little "steel" stars looking too much like Steelers logo lol Other then that it looks amazing!

My thoughts exactly...looks sweet though. Still-Orion is a winter constellation...seems a little off for a ride that runs in the summer time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HandsUp said:

My thoughts exactly...looks sweet though. Still-Orion is a winter constellation...seems a little off for a ride that runs in the summer time. 

That's why we will get a coaster named Polaris lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As an amateur historian,  along with my parents taking me to Old Coney Island on the river as a child to ride both Jack Rabbit and Shooting Star, I would LOVE to have the new coaster named Shooting Star if we are indeed contemplating a space theme.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, shizzzon said:

That'll be the name of the new ride.  
Beam

More like, Beheeym! :lol:

(Who gets this reference?)

Also, RE: Orion being a Winter constellation, what if the giga will be able to run during Winterfest... (jk)

Also, kudos to @supertrooper who made that awesome poster, you had me going there for a second...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I just searched Armageddon on RCDB and there is no coaster with that name. However, it's worth noting that there was an attraction named "Armageddon - Les Effets Speciaux" at Disneyland Paris that was just taken out earlier this year that was based on the film Armageddon. I'm not sure if Cedar Fair/Kings Island would be able to use that name considering Disney/Touchstone may still have the trademark active.

• Like 4

I just remembered something, a park worker on the Eiffel Tower elevator said the 275' platform is the highest point in the park (where people can go). Drop Tower riders if I'm thinking correctly only go up 264 feet. If all this is the case, this coaster will be considered the highest point in the park. The 296-301' height/drop people are talking about is higher than the top platform of the Eiffel Tower. So they can easily market this bad boy as the highest point in the park. Just a thought. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

WindSeeker still is 300ft tall and I believe Eiffel Tower is 315ft. 

Plus, I do not know the sea levels for each ride so hard to say who actually has the highest peak.

Looking at the ride from Eiffel Tower, it will still appear shorter than where you are standing due to viewing distance.

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic