Decoding 2020

fryoj

Just now, sixohdieselrage said:

Sweet. They included the words "aerial footage" to mention what @Captain Nemo and we did. lol

i have a feeling in thew next couple days or so well be getting a "statement video" from the park teasing when they're going to be ready to reveal their next project sequence X or such 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Considering the Shooting Star was never at KI, it was at old Coney Island, I can’t really wrap my head around how this map is supposed to work...

I think what may be confusing is that when KI opened and some rides were relocated from Old Coney,  they used the old moniker that sat above Shooting Star coaster station for the Round Up ride which was back by the mat racer slide.

Pic sources:  visitkingsisland.com & Pinterest

CIshootingstar.jpg

KIhaleyscomet.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

Chad's Words;

"While park officials have not commented publicly on the fence posters, the references to former coasters and flat rides seems to be hinting at a new addition to the park.  Letters in the background of each poster combine to suggest the acronym, TEOTWAWKI  or “The End of the World as We Know It.” While some Kings Island fans are referencing the REM song of the same name, others think the letters have a deeper meaning. One thing’s for sure, this area of Kings Island is far from “The End.” In fact, some have suggested it’s only the beginning."

So could it be Alpha if it's the beginning? 

Anytime I see "The End" the Doors pops in my head, so at least REM isn't playing lol

• Like 4

Just now, DiamondBanshee said:

Remember when nearly everyone was freaking out about KI not having teasers? And now KI is dropping bombshell after bombshell, having a very fast paced and fun teasing campaign?

Good times. Good times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call on that this is amazing and it just keeps coming!

• Like 4

Just now, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Yeah but those are the blueprints. It doesn't exactly mean the layout is exactly correct. It could be the exact same, or it could be very different.

Sorry for double post but.....

This doesn't make any sense lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Yeah but those are the blueprints. It doesn't exactly mean the layout is exactly correct. It could be the exact same, or it could be very different.

No it can't be very different. It gives the path, heights, and the ride envelope. The version @DustinTheNow did in No limits is pretty close to, if not exactly, what it's going to be. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

I get what you're saying. We might have a layout in two dimensions (and rough ideas of a third), but I want to see what B&M's actual shaping is gonna...shape up like. 

Busch Gardens' announcement is kind of disappointing as yet, they've got a sizzle reel but no POV or layout pics.

4 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I expect there will be some twist that none of us have figured out in the layout

It would be nice, but...I'm not holding my breath. I could see **maybe** a quasi inversion somewhere, but I don't think B&M will push the banking past 135.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Oh, well I didn't see all of the blueprints then.

12 minutes ago, aj74205 said:

Busch Gardens' announcement is kind of disappointing as yet, they've got a sizzle reel but no POV or layout pics.

Its all good!

I know, at least the coaster sounds like it will be a blast.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Do you guys think this is best teaser campaign ? If not what other teaser campaign was better

It will depend on the outcome of the coaster. If it turns into another MT music and screen thing... i think people will be disappointed 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Do you guys think this is best teaser campaign ? If not what other teaser campaign was better

I think we need to wait to see what else is done if anything. Then I will give me verdict tot he question.

@Logic I don't think that will have anything to do with it.  We know we are getting a B&M giga.  So you either like the coaster or not. There isn't going to be a #whatsintheshed

• Like 1

A little over a week ago everyone here was whining about how there were no teasers... now everyone is saying how great the campaign is...

This board both amuses and frustrates the ^(*$ out of me.

LOL

• Like 7
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I don't think that will have anything to do with it.  We know we are getting a B&M giga.  So you either like the coaster or not. There isn't going to be a #whatsintheshed

Not saying there will be another what's in the shed. I'm saying that was a big promo for that ride which was a huge let down. This is generating loads of hype and it would be a shame if it didn't live up to it. Also, there's so much debate on the "giga" part of it with the 296 etc. Calling that set is a little ambitious although i do hope it's true

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic