Decoding 2020

fryoj

Just now, Logic said:

Not saying there will be another what's in the shed. I'm saying that was a big promo for that ride which was a huge let down. This is generating loads of hype and it would be a shame if it didn't live up to it. Also, there's so much debate on the "giga" part of it with the 296 etc. Calling that set is a little ambitious although i do hope it's true

What ever Ki gets its going to be the best coaster in the park imo. Tallest and Fastest Ki has ever seen and possibly ever will see.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

What ever Ki gets its going to be the best coaster in the park imo. Tallest and Fastest Ki has ever seen and possibly ever will see.

I hope so! It's crazy to think The Beast is still in that conversation for best in the park after all these years though

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Coastermaniac624 said:

I really hope this giga will not be the tallest and fastest KI will ever see

Well to be honest  I think it will be. I don't see Ki getting a strata-coaster there has only been 2 and the last one was installed in what 2005? I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Like 2

Currently still at 500 and approaching quickly (about 430). Still it’s gonna jump to 1000 or stay at 500?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On change.org, it just keeps setting higher milestones automatically. The petition creator can't set a stop point as far as I know

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Well to be honest  I think it will be. I don't see Ki getting a strata-coaster there has only been 2 and the last one was installed in what 2005? I wouldn't hold my breath.

Don't forget the 20 year rule. Magnum 1989 Diamondback 2009 MF 2000 Ki Project X 2020 TTD 2003 KI strata 2023!?!?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Bansheelover said:

Don't forget the 20 year rule. Magnum 1989 Diamondback 2009 MF 2000 Ki Project X 2020 TTD 2003 KI strata 2023!?!?!

As much as I hope this is true I just do not see that happening. So what was CP's addition that made KI get MT? lol Did Ki get anything in 1996 off the top of my head I can't remember.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

As much as I hope this is true I just do not see that happening. So what was CP's addition that made KI get MT? lol Did Ki get anything in 1996 off the top of my head I can't remember.

Kings Island got Flight of Fear in 1996.  

4 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Flight of Fear was 1996

Not trying to initiate a debate on what manufacturer is better but, Intamin is the only company to build a strata.  Neither of which has been the most reliable.  I think they realized there issues with TTD and Ka and haven't even tried to build any more of that model.  

Unless they completely rethink the 400+ foot approach, or another company does, I dont see many more stratas anywhere.  Just my opinion though.

• Like 2

So I think they are kinda playing off the whole Area 51 thing. This is how I would like to see the announcement go down.

The announcement is scheduled for 10 pm in Xbase. From 9:00 til 10 pm they play a warning over loud speakers every 5 minutes as the crowd begins to build. Something along the lines of “You are unlawfully assembled in a restricted space, please leave this area immediately”.

At 9:55 pm there is a commotion behind the fence. You hear sirens and people yelling at someone to get out of the area. Maybe even a helicopter with a spotlight.

Suddenly the person appears in front of everyone on an elevated platform and starts yelling about what’s behind the fence and that they can’t hide it anymore. He’s eventually arrested and taken away.

Then they come on and announce the coaster and display the layout on the side of the building.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

The tables are turning. KI got Mystic in 2017, and in 2037 CP will get a GCI woodie. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Could you imagine a 400 or 500 foot single rail coaster.

They say it is possible. It would definitely be freaky and a crazy experience that you will have to go to Cedar Point becuase I don’t see Kings Island ever getting something like that. 

• Like 1

Just now, collin.klopfstein said:

20 mph winds would tip it over instantly :lol:

I don't think that would happen but it may valley.

I watched some video where the dudes from RMC say the T-Rex could go as high as you want...…...

* Dr. Evil voice - how about 1000 feet.

• Like 4

So if/when KI starts to send media invites to the announcement, what do you think they would send with the invite? They usually send some type of little teaser thing with it. For example: the comb for Banshee, the truck for MT, and the key for the antique cars. I was thinking along the lines of maybe a small telescope or a small model rocket ship or something like that. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Not trying to initiate a debate on what manufacturer is better but, Intamin is the only company to build a strata.  Neither of which has been the most reliable.  I think they realized there issues with TTD and Ka and haven't even tried to build any more of that model.  

Unless they completely rethink the 400+ foot approach, or another company does, I dont see many more stratas anywhere.  Just my opinion though.

This is incorrect.  Maybe not to the same height, but they made many Hydraulic launch coasters, which is the main issue with these rides.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

So if/when KI starts to send media invites to the announcement, what do you think they would send with the invite? They usually send some type of little teaser thing with it. For example: the comb for Banshee, the truck for MT, and the key for the antique cars. I was thinking along the lines of maybe a small telescope or a small model rocket ship or something like that. 

They sent a giant bolt for Diamondback

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic