Decoding 2020

fryoj

21 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

I agree with you. That might add the worlds tallest inversion in it.

It would be interesting to see an inversion on a giga, but at the same time the research/design needed to keep the GForces at a reasonable limit during the loop that adds an xfactor to the cost, reliability, and maintenance required. I know the Invertigos 5 Gs  cause greyouts for me at some point in the ride so it's avoided after more than 1 instance of it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

It would be interesting to see an inversion on a giga, but at the same time the research/design needed to keep the GForces at a reasonable limit during the loop that adds an xfactor to the cost, reliability, and maintenance required. I know the Invertigos 5 Gs  cause greyouts for me at some point in the ride so it's avoided after more than 1 instance of it. 

I was curious if you know where at this occurs? Does it do it forward and backwards?

I seen Invertigo has a 5g rating but as many times as I've rode it, I never remember such force?

I know i305 front row is black OP torture and the right side seating on millennium force is somewhat brutal during first drop and bank.

Just now, supertrooper said:

Yeah? What about that?

You know what's sad.. I'm willing to bet Cedar Point can get 3 trains loaded and unloaded on Steel Vengeance before Kentucky kingdom gets the Clear for a 2nd loading. 

I've literally watched them loading people on Storm Chaser in slow motion. I think they do it on purpose to make the ride feel faster.

26 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

I was curious if you know where at this occurs? Does it do it forward and backwards?

I seen Invertigo has a 5g rating but as many times as I've rode it, I never remember such force?

I know i305 front row is black OP torture and the right side seating on millennium force is somewhat brutal during first drop and bank.

From what I remember it's backwards everytime, I'm not sure of which point of the inversion though. Only other experiences I've had of black or grey outside was Chang and Kentucky Kingdom in the peak of the first loop. (I haven't gotten to Cedar Point yet)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ooleck said:

You realize this is being made by b and m, the worlds least innovative company, lmao they would never do that

3 hours ago, shizzzon said:

To skip to the juicy part, not only would I believe there to be a loop in this ride, but the tallest loop in the park. 

Now, I may be touching on something iffy here.. but also with a mid course launch...

Related image

I came bright-eyed and bushy-tailed to the decoding thread this morning, but oof. Okay.

I get that B&M are formulaic now, but they invented or refined on *most* coaster types. Inverts, dives, floorless, flying (which B&M didn't invent but completely redefined).

Hell, B&M set the bar so high for a modern steel looping coaster with Kumba in 1993 that it changed the entire effin' game, that layout inspired replication and iteration across an industry. And even RMC has its formula at this point, with every one of their layouts being comprised of rolls, stalls, and outward banks.

Now, by the same token, pigs will fly before we see a loop on a B&M giga. That's not even innovation, Schwarzkopf did loops best and I don't need one on a giga. A launch I'd be game for, however. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, aj74205 said:

I get that B&M are formulaic now, but they invented or refined on *most* coaster types. Inverts, dives, floorless, flying...hell, B&M set the bar so high for a modern steel looping coaster with Kumba in 1993 that it changed the entire darn game, that layout inspired replication and iteration across an industry. And even RMC has its formula at this point, with every one of their layouts being comprised of rolls, stalls, and outward banks.

Now, by the same token, pigs will fly before we see a loop on a B&M giga. That's not even innovation, Schwarzkopf did loops best and I don't need one on a giga. A launch I'd be game for, however. 

Yeah B&M did all of that for sure. I don't need a loop on a giga either, They would have to trim brake the crap out of the section leading into the loop. I'd rather keep the speed. Now yes B&M has gotten lazy and doesn't really try anything new but whatever. We have other companies CF can work with if they are looking for a more intense ride / loops or launches. Let's enjoy any coaster we get because it could be a Vekoma lol j/k

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

I think they are pointing towards the name and answers inside the posters themselves. They keep on saying look at the posters next time you go. They are trying to get you to notice something weird in the posters.

"Go look at the posters" is also a great way to get people to come to the park. Hard to say for certain though, there may be info hidden in the posters. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, vlagroupie said:

MH was at the park this morning. He was looking at the posters and an employee came up and told him to come back tomorrow. Guess he said there would be something new emoji2368.png or they just want you to come back every day lol.

Maybe there is a new poster coming up that will announce the date of the announcement tomorrow.

• Like 4

7bf3f1ffc41bc49b8dbf859007427219.jpg
6 years ago today we received an announcement date for Banshee. If I’m not mistaken we also learned of Mystic Timbers around this time. We should hear something very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 9

• malem locked this topic