Decoding 2020

fryoj

I just looked at the posters before i go in for orientation later. I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this but the posters with tape no longer have tape. That’s been pointed out already, BUT, I think the posters still say the same thing that they did with the tape, meaning the taped posters were swapped out for new ones.

• Like 2

I'm thinking perhaps of the hashtag, they could make it an asterisk. *World's tallest hyper coaster, or yeah it's a giga on a technicality. Seriously though, I have liked the teasing campaign so far. Just hoping they don't use the whole what's behind the fence thing too long. After the Mystic Timbers ordeal that would not be taken too well. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, decyferite said:

I think we all have it wrong... Its a Giga Boomerang, and the whole TEOTWAWKI is Kings Islands way of saying they know the whole thing is a terrible mistake

Deep levels of sarcasm here

I can only imagine going through those inversions at 90+ mph hahaha  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I see why this is called TEOTWAWKI.. 

When this is over, so is the person in charge of all the mistakes... 

How do you misspell an acronym? Leave it to the 2019 teaser campaign.

The debate now will be what was more intense?

Decrypting spelling and informational mistakes or the next giga coaster, 20yrs after the first one.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm thinking perhaps of the hashtag, they could make it an asterisk. *World's tallest hyper coaster, or yeah it's a giga on a technicality. Seriously though, I have liked the teasing campaign so far. Just hoping they don't use the whole what's behind the fence thing too long. After the Mystic Timbers ordeal that would not be taken too well. 

Only difference is a massive B&M is what’s hidden this time as compared to some charming theming and music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, shizzzon said:

Also, taken from COASTER-net commentor Jason Rush, if you rearrange the TEOTWAWKI to this-

AEWTWTOKI

April Eighteenth, Welcome the World to Orion, Kings Island

Why not AEWTTWOKI

August  Eighteenth welcome to the world Orion KI

Or AEWOTTWKI

August  Eighteenth  Welcome Orion to the world Kings Island

• Like 2

A loop on a giga would be really interesting... I think they'd have to make it taller than SOB's loop for that to work.

Also I forgot to mention a while ago, that when the Rotor poster (or maybe it was the Bayern Kurve poster) went up, it made me think of how they are hinting at this coaster having a helix, because IIRC, there was mentioning of centrifugal force on the poster.

EDIT: Zodiac's poster mentions centrifugal force as well. Also, I noticed a few of the posters mentioned "gravitational pull"; hmmm....

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

I think hoping for the blueprints to be wrong in terms of layout is only going to lead to disappointment, however I myself have hope for something like a tunnel or some theming that we didn’t initially see. Tunnels are great and make rides better, period. 

• Like 10

So government testing type deal (as if a long acronym wasn't a government thing), end of the world,  heck Apophis sounds like a more apocalyptic/intimidating type name. 

But really was thinking the way the exit queue goes pretty close to FoF and riders could easily hop into it, maybe it will be a prelude to the FoF "incident" 

• Like 4

On 7/30/2019 at 5:20 PM, Magenta Lizard said:

Aside from the petition talk everyone is talking about, I just want to thank the person who found this video so I can watch it several times at home before I hang out with my friends for the day. Lol

• Like 5

6 hours ago, disco2000 said:

One wonders if a smaller than anticipated signature count will be taken into consideration for future costs of rides...or how much teasing for future rides...

source.gif

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

** I'm over here praying to the coaster gods the lift hill somehow makes it to 300+ feet haha**

Why? It's only dropping 301. Whats it matter if the height is 302?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, arrold said:

Just got back from the park. Seeing those giant footer holes got me real excited.

Has anyone mentioned the Firehawk trains are finally gone?

They were moved behind a storage container in the old Animal habitat I believe.

• Like 4

So I would like to say thanks to the park and Cedar Fair for putting together such a great teaser campaign so far. They’ve knocked it out of the park!

We’ve all been coming here daily since the first posters were put up. They didn’t drag it out, and instead put up a poster each day and gave us stuff to talk about. The posters are extremely detailed and have obviously taken a lot of time from the marketing team.

Add to that the hashtag yesterday. A giant hashtag that had a QR code for a change.org site asking for what’s behind the fence.

I can’t remember such a detailed and engaging coaster teaser ever. Name one if you can think of it. This hasn’t been some basic signs, posters or banners. It’s been darn interactive! Bravo CF

• Like 7

I believe Carowinds had like a number you could dial and it would give you some more details. I think they did that for both Fury and Copperhead Strike. 

Yeah but a daily teaser campaign and then the petition? That’s a lot of work so far. I’m impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

• malem locked this topic