Decoding 2020

fryoj

5 minutes ago, fryoj said:

But how would John Matarese know about this?

I bet John Materese reads these forums, not to mention that @Hawaiian Coasters 325 provides him with information related to Kings Island, specifically the 2020 project.

Who knows, maybe one of you is John Materese!

Or am I secretly John Materese? I guess we’ll never know for sure.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, homestar92 said:

I would advise that you "don't waste your money" betting on that possibility.

Trust me, I don’t! But anyways, how many signatures do you think is the magic number before the park spills the beans? 2,000 or more?

• Like 1

Hello everyone! I have been lurking on this thread almost since day 1 and finally decided to make an account. I’m excited to join in on the discussions and become a small part of the community :)

I agree with Magenta Lizard, though. I’m sure this has been planned for a while and while it’s great to have a lot of signatures, I don’t think it’s going to affect the announcement date or anything they have planned at all. 

On a random note, I have been thinking a lot about possible theming. This could just be reading too much into the small details, but what if the theming isn’t so much about experiments being done on aliens or experiments with the rides, but experiments on the human park goer? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention something like that so I wanted to throw that out there and see what you all thought.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, VortexBug said:

Hello everyone! I have been lurking on this thread almost since day 1 and finally decided to make an account. I’m excited to join in on the discussions and become a small part of the community :)

I agree with Magenta Lizard, though. I’m sure this has been planned for a while and while it’s great to have a lot of signatures, I don’t think it’s going to affect the announcement date or anything they have planned at all. 

On a random note, I have been thinking a lot about possible theming. This could just be reading too much into the small details, but what if the theming isn’t so much about experiments being done on aliens or experiments with the rides, but experiments on the human park goer? I don’t think I’ve seen anyone mention something like that so I wanted to throw that out there and see what you all thought.

Welcome to KIC! We're glad you are here! Hope you have fun with us! 

• Like 5

I'm going to stick to my paranormal theme idea.

I think the park is going to try and tie all the "strange happenings" around the park to this ride. It would be awesome for us to "find out" that everything is because of Hanger 18 and X-Base if that makes sense.

Could start be the start of not only an x-base expansion, but bringing KI back to being more of an actual theme park as opposed to just an amusement park.  They've started to do that with just about every other area of the park already. It's time for X-Base to be more than just a dead end behind Racer.   With the blog from Chad yesterday, I can't help but wonder if that's what is planned.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Sorry for the double post but found this in the petition comments.  I honestly think the park is trolling about inversions but there have been like 4 or 5 references to some type of inversion. Maybe that is the record for this one and reason for "mediocre stats".  Probably not I know.  But if it is, hopefully they have a bio team to clean up after the announcement after all those minds are blown.

Screenshot_20190801-013514_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

No it cant be.. an inversion.... getting all these clues and most think its stupid to put an inversion on a giga.. I'll ride the stupid design and love it if they do it.

Ironically, I've been assuming a loop was a part of this new ride back, way back, when CP was teasing about number 5 is alive. And here I am a year later, the teasers are still pointing to it.

If not, oh well.. but if so, :)

presto123, just like I've been saying before too... there are more blueprints to come. 

the first run of them aren't even fully approved let alone conclude the entire area yet.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I believe Carowinds had like a number you could dial and it would give you some more details. I think they did that for both Fury and Copperhead Strike. 

See also Six Flags Fiesta Texas (and IIRC, other SIX parks had a number you could call for more info.

Also, that inclined loop on The Swarm looks super cool; Rougarou and Green Lantern say hi! :)

5 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Trust me, I don’t! But anyways, how many signatures do you think is the magic number before the park spills the beans? 2,000 or more?

1972? Or 2020? If they are looking for an actual number either would make sense with the teasers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Maybe this is a hint... tape and teasers... hmm... maybe Don ran out of that magical tape on the teasers and needs more...

Since it was on his personal account, not the official KI one, it’s pretty safe to say he was making a joke. Hence the spittake gif I responded ;)

It almost definitely was a reference to the tape on the posters (and the way people have reacted to it) but it wasn’t likely a clue.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, vlagroupie said:

MH (My Husband) was at the park this morning. He was looking at the posters and an employee came up and told him to come back tomorrow. Guess he said there would be something new emoji2368.png or they just want you to come back every day lol.

So...anybody on here taking a chance and going to see if there is anything new this morning?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fryoj said:

source.gif

Why? It's only dropping 301. Whats it matter if the height is 302?

Oh no I understand that. I was just saying I was praying for it to be taller. I know we have the blueprints.

Anyone going to the park today?

• Haha 1

• malem locked this topic