Decoding 2020

fryoj

15 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

** I'm over here praying to the coaster gods the lift hill somehow makes it to 300+ feet haha**

In all honesty, if the coaster was 300 foot tall or 295 foot tall you couldn't tell the difference while on the ride.  If the track is at 296, but your eye level is at 301 feet, you won't feel the difference.  296 vs 300 only makes a difference to those who focus on stats, those who focus on the experience (general public) won't care much either way, I'm sure the park will advertise this as a 300+ foot coaster and the GP isn't going to care.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, medford said:

In all honesty, if the coaster was 300 foot tall or 295 foot tall you couldn't tell the difference while on the ride.  If the track is at 296, but your eye level is at 301 feet, you won't feel the difference.  296 vs 300 only makes a difference to those who focus on stats, those who focus on the experience (general public) won't care much either way, I'm sure the park will advertise this as a 300+ foot coaster and the GP isn't going to care.

Well tbh in my own head I would know its not lol. Trust me I know what the blueprints say. I was merely just joking about praying it will be taller. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Nothing new on the fence. I’ll examine the posters closer after I ride FoF but don’t expect any changes

Man I really hope they hurry this up a bit. I really want to go to the announcement but am running out of time to be able to plan for it :(

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, decyferite said:

Anyone have links to the high res blueprints?  I found 1, but the others all pixelated when I try to zoom in

Let me know when you get to the point of counting number of mist fans in the queue. I got really side tracked one day looking out random callouts lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, it’s probably not related but I don’t recall this printer with a memo being in the FoF queue in previous years. But, I can’t quite read it with my eyes and it looks even worse with my cell camera because it is terrible in low light (flash didn’t help with legibility).

8841B281-32A9-4F05-B984-C6800C50E0BC.jpeg

Anybody with a better camera/eyes able to see what it says?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

So, it’s probably not related but I don’t recall this printer with a memo being in the FoF queue in previous years. But, I can’t quite read it with my eyes and it looks even worse with my cell camera because it is terrible in low light (flash didn’t help with legibility).

Anybody with a better camera/eyes able to see what it says?

Puts everyone in panic mode! LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do think it is just theming because there is a similar notice posted over on the Fast Lane side, where it can be read, that is basically about “cleaning up waste” and signed “V. Oban” (Voban is what they use to soak up protein spills at the park). But I really do wish I could read it. It’s just a little too far for my eyes and a little too dark for my phone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

What if the theme for the new giga were related to millennium force, but they caught the thing creating the millennium force?

I think its more likely to be related to FoF more then another coaster at a different park. Just like Maverick and SteVe.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Fitzcoasts14 said:

What if the theme for the new giga were related to millennium force, but they caught the thing creating the millennium force?

I really hope not, I want this ride to have a unique theme, not trying to piggyback off of Millennium Force.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Magenta Lizard said:

I do think it is just theming because there is a similar notice posted over on the Fast Lane side, where it can be read, that is basically about “cleaning up waste” and signed “V. Oban” (Voban is what they use to soak up protein spills at the park). But I really do wish I could read it. It’s just a little too far for my eyes and a little too dark for my phone. 

We could do a 7 steps to Kevin Bacon instance. 

Protein spill on a space/area 51 themed ride -NASAs "Vomit Comet" which gives about 25 seconds float going at a 45 degree angle = new coaster is going to give us 25 seconds air time.... or protein spills lol

• Haha 3

I would also like to throw out some speculation on my end, I believe that the acronym TEOTWAWKI will be revealed to be different than "The end of the world as we know it" and be along the lines of "_ _ _ _ _ At Kings Island" Promoting the ride itself as part of teasing campaign, maybe through a themed "press release" from the park or Hanger 18 officials. (Maybe the ride theme keeps on with a conspiracy/cover up motif like Flight of Fear does with inviting the public to see the UFO) I'm also interested to see if we have any themeing updates to X-base, like the older lights or adding the runway paint back in. (Mostly a cosmetic overhaul since the Blueprints don't show much along the lines of construction)

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic