Decoding 2020

fryoj

13 minutes ago, SpectralBeacon said:

I would also like to throw out some speculation on my end, I believe that the acronym TEOTWAWKI will be revealed to be different than "The end of the world as we know it" and be along the lines of "_ _ _ _ _ At Kings Island" Promoting the ride itself as part of teasing campaign, maybe through a themed "press release" from the park or Hanger 18 officials. (Maybe the ride theme keeps on with a conspiracy/cover up motif like Flight of Fear does with inviting the public to see the UFO) I'm also interested to see if we have any themeing updates to X-base, like the older lights or adding the runway paint back in. (Mostly a cosmetic overhaul since the Blueprints don't show much along the lines of construction)

At this point, who knows what the acronym stands for... We will find out soon enough

• Like 1

One of the things Cedar Fair has gotten good at the last few years is really improving the area around the new rides.  Mystic, Twisted Timbers, and Copperhead Strike are all good examples of this.  I look for them to spruce up X-base as there is a lot they can do with the theme. 

A Freestyle location, restrooms, eatery, and eventually a flat would also be nice.

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

One of the things Cedar Fair has gotten good at the last few years is really improving the area around the new rides.  Mystic, Twisted Timbers, and Copperhead Strike are all good examples of this.  I look for them to spruce up X-base as there is a lot they can do with the theme. 

A Freestyle location, restrooms, eatery, and eventually a flat would also be nice.

So your saying you would like a whole new area or an X-Base expansion?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

So, it’s probably not related but I don’t recall this printer with a memo being in the FoF queue in previous years. But, I can’t quite read it with my eyes and it looks even worse with my cell camera because it is terrible in low light (flash didn’t help with legibility).

8841B281-32A9-4F05-B984-C6800C50E0BC.jpeg

Anybody with a better camera/eyes able to see what it says?

I was able to read it and can confirm it is 100% just theming for FOF. It is just filled with direct references to the preshow.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Yeah, he means place new additions near lone rides so people would visit the rides more while also visiting the new additions.

Not only that but make the area look nice. Re do the walk ways with pavers or new concrete. Add flowers / trees / bushes. Drinks stand and restrooms.  Not just rides.

• Like 2

Just now, Maverick44 said:

Not only that but make the area look nice. Re do the walk ways with pavers or new concrete. Add flowers / trees / bushes. Drinks stand and restrooms.  Not just rides.

Yeah, I know. They might need to add theming, and some shrubs, scenery, stuff to make a feel good surrounding.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

Do you guys really think we could get a loop? I mean, didn't people make representations using exact blue prints? or is there possibility they can change the blueprints which im under impression impossible. No rendering shows a loop being possible.

No loop, Yes people did and no it isn't likely to change the blueprints. haha short and sweet.

• Like 3

I have been fantasizing about this ride being E.T. themed. I know it wouldn't be possible due to movie rights but how perfect would that theme be for this area? It would tie in perfectly with the space/project x theme...the saucer in FoF's queue line could be the one from the movie that E.T. arrived on.  

I've been following along for months and finally created an account. You all are too entertaining...can't wait for this giga!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FreedomPenguin said:

Do you guys really think we could get a loop? I mean, didn't people make representations using exact blue prints? or is there possibility they can change the blueprints which im under impression impossible. No rendering shows a loop being possible.

It is highly unlikely at this point. The blueprints are not going to "change".  The plans for this ride have been finalized for quite sometime.   The only thing that is remotely plausible would be once the complete prints are approved/ released that they include sonething boot seen in the original electrical plans. CSF would not have begun making track and supports without a finalized plan.   So somebody somewhere had the final plans at this point and I can say with 99.99% certainty that those will not change. What's on them though is anyone here's guess. 

• Like 2

I mean think about it. Going through a loop at 90+ mph. If the put an inversion on the coaster that would have to have it come out of a MCBR or trim break the whole section before the inversion to take it down to around 80 or less.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Depends how big the loop would be I guess. I don't know the math to figure what radius a loop would have to be to cut Gforces to manageable by a majority. 

It would have to be the biggest loop in the world lol They would call it the "Orbit" section of the coaster lol

• Like 4

^^^This conversation about loops brings up something that many people are forgetting/don’t know: not all inversions are created equal. For example, loops traversed at higher speeds can be made larger to reduce g forces, much in the same way pullouts and turns can be made larger. Putting a loop on a giga does not instantly mean it’ll cause blackouts or that the ride will be trimmed to heck. Theoretically, if a loop were to go on a giga, it probably wouldn’t go immediately after the first drop. It would burn some energy before reaching that point, such as what SoB did. Similarly, other inversions, specifically a zero g roll, wouldn’t cause blackouts due to positive Gs because, well, there are zero Gs in that inversion. In addition, thinking in terms of zero G stalls, say one was in the place of an airtime hill. The positive Gs experienced would be no more than the same negative Gs experienced on that airtime hill (and humans can take positive Gs much better than negative Gs).

Overall, my point is that an inversion wouldn’t drastically change anything, specifically in terms of forces and speed. Most roller coasters don’t have hard braking to fit an element, the element is rather adjusted to fit the speed (or a slightly slower speed if a trim brake is present). Of course MCBR are different as the train has to make it through the rest of the course starting from a complete stop, so stronger braking may be likely, but it is still usually not drastic.

Also, on a somewhat similar note, I’m not sure why a good amount of people want a loop on a giga. Imo loops are very bland and boring as they do little more than what a pullout from a large drop can do (never ridden a Schwarzkopf so I’m basing my experiences on other manufacturers loops). If a giga were to have an inversion, I think a zero g roll or a zero g stall would be much better as they provide unique experiences compared to what a giga has done so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

Just now, DiamondBanshee said:

^This conversation brings up something that many people are forgetting/don’t know: not all inversions are created equal. For example, loops traversed at higher speeds can be made larger to reduce g forces, much in the same way pullouts and turns can be made larger. Putting a loop on a giga does not instantly mean it’ll cause blackouts or that the ride will be trimmed to heck. Theoretically, if a loop were to go on a giga, it probably wouldn’t go immediately after the first drop. It would burn some energy before reaching that point, such as what SoB did. Similarly, other inversions, specifically a zero g roll, wouldn’t cause blackouts due to positive Gs because, well, there are zero Gs in that inversion. In addition, thinking in terms of zero G stalls, say one was in the place of an airtime hill. The positive Gs experienced would be no more than the same negative Gs experienced on that airtime hill (and humans can take positive Gs much better than negative Gs).

Overall, my point is that an inversion wouldn’t drastically change anything, specifically in terms of forces and speed. Most roller coasters don’t have hard braking to fit an element, the element is rather adjusted to fit the speed (or a slightly slower speed if a trim brake is present). Of course MCBR are different as the train has to make it through the rest of the course starting from a complete stop, so stronger braking may be likely, but it is still usually not drastic.

Also, on a somewhat similar note, I’m not sure why a good amount of people want a loop on a giga. Imo loops are very bland and boring as they do little more than what a pullout from a large drop can do (never ridden a Schwarzkopf so I’m basing my experiences on other manufacturers loops). If a giga were to have an inversion, I think a zero g roll or a zero g stall would be much better as they provide unique experiences compared to what a giga has done so far.

I could see a zero g roll or stall, but something like a loop or corkscrew would be way too uncomfortable.

I could see a zero g roll or stall, but something like a loop or corkscrew would be way too uncomfortable.

That kinda goes exactly against what I was trying to say. They could design it so that the elements weren’t uncomfortable and felt no different than any other loop/corkscrew they’ve designed before. Just because it’s on a giga wouldn’t make it uncomfortable. The size of the element, speed of the train entering, and shaping of the element, among other things, would determine if it was comfortable or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, presto123 said:

Anybody still expecting this to be Leviathan South? Would that be a good thing ? Who has been on that coaster?

I expect it to be a lot like Leviathan and I loved Leviathan when I rode it two years ago.  I do also think that it could have an assortment of some the best elements of B & M hypers as well so with some of those elements that Leviathan doesn't have it could probably be better than Leviathan.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rivertown Rider said:

I expect it to be a lot like Leviathan and I loved Leviathan when I rode it two years ago.  I do also think that it could have an assortment of some the best elements of B & M hypers as well so with some of those elements that Leviathan doesn't have it could probably be better than Leviathan.

Leviathan was a prototype and they failed at designing it. It will be nowhere near similar to Leviathan (besides the length).

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Leviathan was a prototype and they failed at designing it. It will be nowhere near similar to Leviathan (besides the length).

B&M didn’t fail at anything. Leviathan is just like ever single B&M mega coaster built, same ride systems, same train design ect. If you feel let down by the way Leviathan rides then that’s on Cedar Fair, not B&M.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Leviathan was an awesome ride.  How did B&M fail at designing it?

Was it because of the noise on the drop?  If so they addressed that by putting sand in the box part of the track.  From my understanding they put sand in the rails now to fix this issue?  If I'm wrong someone please correct me.  

• malem locked this topic