Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Leviathan is a great roller coaster, an elite one, but not as elite as the newer ones. It is too short and it has too much trims. Still a great ride, though.

By the way, the number for the petition currently is 2,028!

i305 is older then Leviathan and its still an elite coaster. I think all of the giga's are elite in their own ways.

• Like 3

Just now, Maverick44 said:

All the did is make their hypercoasters taller.

Exactly! Leviathan isn't as elite because it is basically just an upscale hyper! Fury, for example, has some elements a hypercoaster typically wouldn't have.

By the way, does this pic mean anything? "This petition has a chance at winning." Does that mean 2,500 is the magic number?

whaaaat..PNG

• Like 1

Just now, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Exactly! Leviathan isn't as elite because it is basically just an upscale hyper! Fury, for example, has some elements a hypercoaster typically wouldn't have.

By the way, does this pic mean anything? "This petition has a chance at winning." Does that mean 2,500 is the magic number?

whaaaat..PNG

1,500 was the number yesterday they wanted to reach. They keep extending it. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

whaaaat..PNG

I am so confused by you lol not to be rude im sorry haha So does that make i305 and Fury upscale scale hypers?lol

16 minutes ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

Yeah, but the saying this petition has a chance at winning, that was never said before until now.

It says that because when a change.com petition actually achieves what is proposed it's considered a "victory". It's a normal part of that particular site.

5 hours ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Agreed.  There was nothing experimental or truly "new" about the ride other than the height.  There's nothing "prototypical" about it.

I wouldn't necessarily say that. While it is listed under the same model as all their "hypers" under 300ft, it was the first one to feature the backbone required such a big drop. That IS the defining characteristic of B&M gigas, if there is one.

After all, I believe there was a time when B&M said they wouldn't go 300ft+. I dont have an exact source on that but Ive heard about them also saying they wouldn't do launched coasters (until Thunderbird of course).

So in that sense, Leviathan arguably was a prototype. One in which B&M was taking a slight risk by testing what their track/technology could handle.

So no, it most obviously was not a "failure", but it does seem as if they went conservative on the design elements so as to not put undue stress on the track, thus resulting in an arguably bland layout.

But with Leviathan working out, that gave them the green light to go more imaginative with Fury.

On this note, besides the stats I would say that Project X differs greatly from Leviathan. A Stengel Dive, reverse wave turn, shanbhala helix, and hive dive turn at the end are all things not found on Leviathan. This is why I believe that although the stats arent quite what had been hoping for, strong elements can make up for them.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, BeastForever said:

I wouldn't necessarily say that. While it is listed under the same model as all their "hypers" under 300ft, it was the first one to feature the backbone required such a big drop. That IS the defining characteristic of B&M gigas, if there is one.

After all, I believe there was a time when B&M said they wouldn't go 300ft+. I dont have an exact source on that but Ive heard about them also saying they wouldn't do launched coasters (until Thunderbird of course).

So in that sense, Leviathan arguably was a prototype. One in which B&M was taking a slight risk by testing what their track/technology could handle.

So no, it most obviously was not a "failure", but it does seem as if they went conservative on the design elements so as to not put undue stress on the track.

Im not so sure. but agree to disagree lol and now we move on lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sikkinixx99 said:

Let's say they did a zero g roll.

Would they have to have a new restraint for the legs like S&S does?

I think the clamshell would be sufficient. if not, I'm sure they could adjust it slightly to make them work.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

Honestly, I really believe an element like that (if it were to happen) could set this giga apart and give it the chance to be better than fury

Sorry for the double post but an inverted stall would be insane, so like a normal stall but instead of an n shape its more like a u shape. B&M please hire me to make stupid element ideas <3 

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic