Decoding 2020

fryoj

7 hours ago, Fitzcoasts14 said:

What if the theme for the new giga were related to millennium force, but they caught the thing creating the millennium force?

I think the theme is going to be unique, but... I am hoping the teaser/announcement video is as awesome as the Millennium Force promo is! B)

Yes, I know this video has been posted to this thread many times, but it's a great video (and incredibly relevant)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Food for thought: Why wouldn't they just file all of the prints at once vs in phases? Considering the first set shows the entire layout, what is left to hide by not filling all of the below grade prints? 

We aren’t engineers and we don’t know. Since you seem to have some insight maybe you could tell us your thoughts instead of asking questions we don’t know the answer to.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, EngineerX said:

Food for thought: Why wouldn't they just file all of the prints at once vs in phases? Considering the first set shows the entire layout, what is left to hide by not filling all of the below grade prints? 

I'm sure there's a perfectly good reason that isn't the least bit entertaining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, EngineerX said:

Hypothetically,  what if that isn't the final layout.  Since the ride isn't being built completely off those prints.  Would the track layout mater on those plans?  I know the footing locations would need to be correct but would the heights, track profile, etc matter (exception of the lift of course).  Meaning, if they decided at a later time before the plans were finalized, could they, say, swap a straight section for a zero g roll with the same support locations without needing to change the layout on the electrical plans?

Sorry if that is confusing cause I confused myself typing it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Hypothetically,  what if that isn't the final layout.  Since the ride isn't being built completely off those prints.  Would the track layout mater on those plans?  I know the footing locations would need to be correct but would the heights, track profile, etc matter (exception of the lift of course).  Meaning, if they decided at a later time before the plans were finalized, could they, say, swap a straight section for a zero g roll with the same support locations without needing to change the layout on the electrical plans?

Sorry if that is confusing cause I confused myself typing it.

From the way I understand they could in theory change but it would require reapproval of the changes. In this case a zero g roll would probably require a different foundation depth/layout in the section to support additional forces that weren't calculated before.

• Like 1

^ I’m all for that. I’m just saying, we know with about 99% certainty that this coaster won’t have a loop/a zero g/any inversion really. It sounds like people are upset at the given layout and are trying to find a way of making it better instead of seeing it for what it is.

Just a fair warning: if you start convincing yourself of all these of what the coaster could/should be, you’re much more likely to be disappointed by the final product if it doesn’t have these things. Not saying anyone has convinced themselves that the given blueprints are wrong (which to be fair there’s a very very very small chance they are), but if someone does, and the blueprints do end up being completely accurate, it won’t be as fun as it would’ve been if they didn’t convince themselves of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^ I’m all for that. I’m just saying, we know with about 99% certainty that this coaster won’t have a loop/a zero g/any inversion really. It sounds like people are upset at the given layout and are trying to find a way of making it better instead of seeing it for what it is.

Just a fair warning: if you start convincing yourself of all these of what the coaster could/should be, you’re much more likely to be disappointed by the final product if it doesn’t have these things. Not saying anyone has convinced themselves that the given blueprints are wrong (which to be fair there’s a very very very small chance they are), but if someone does, and the blueprints do end up being completely accurate, it won’t be as fun as it would’ve been if they didn’t convince themselves of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I completely get what your saying. Believe me when I sat that I am in no way believing any of this is going to happen and I will be extremely happy with whatever we get.  I guarantee this will be the best giga I've ever rode, regardless... lol.   I'm just trying to look at possible reasons (other than just trying to hide them) as to why the complete plans haven't been filed yet.  Just didnt know if they would change the layout on the electrical plans. 

Kinda agree it's wierd that the complete plans haven't been filed yet if the previous layout is indeed correct.  Just wondering if there's something the remaining plans would reveal that the others didn't and the park wants to keep it hidden as of now.  Just speculation. 

• Like 1

I find it highly annoying that@EngineerX keeps stirring this up. I was willing to give him an opportunity to explain what he believes we are missing as I have reserved skepticism as well. Instead he just throws out questions like he is the Riddler from Batman. We’re likely two weeks out from the announcement. If you know something or think we were wrong in our 342 pages of decoding say what the hell it is!!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, MrSourNinja said:

I just wana know why we got another helix... It's such a bland element and Diamondback already has one...

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised here. The Diamondback helix isn't really a good comparison. The Project X helix comes after a 140-ish foot hill which is taller than the 2nd hill after the drop on DB, right before the turnaround so it will be going in with much more speed. It also ascends about 110 feet in the helix. I'm guessing it will be overbanked at the top and feel something like a gyroscope. Oh, and it will be weaving through it's own supports on the way down. To be honest, it may even end up being the signature element of the ride just based off so many of the fence posters emphasizing gravitational pull or positive G-type elements. And hey, if nothing else that helix on The Beast isn't too bland.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Ben43065 said:

I don’t recall seeing that company on the notice of commencement, interesting.

Here it is and I see nothing about them either, guess we have to wait until tomorrow to see because they would have this little storage thing on site, can’t wait for this project to go vertical!

346ADBA7-F7CE-458A-ACE8-25898F1516B5.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Not really considering anything from there reliable. That is the same place the claims of no teasers came from. Lol

At any rate, hopefully it's not the 14th, I'll be working. 

Yeah but the other guy wasn’t this guy, the other guy didn’t even say anything ab himself lol so it was probably just another kid trolling

• Like 2

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Yeah but the other guy wasn’t this guy, the other guy didn’t even say anything ab himself lol so it was probably just another kid trolling

Well I guess we will find out soon if he is right or not. I actually start night school on the 14th so if he is right I also won't be able to be there. Definitely going to be there opening day no matter what tho. I was at the front gate for timbers at 7am.

• Like 1

If there is no inversion, why would anyone not like it? Lol. That sounds childish if true.

Even though Leviathan is short it's still good for being at that park all day.

Since there is a floating theory that KI likes to do things 20yrs after, here is something to think about-

What 2 things happened in 2000 that would fit that theory?

The worlds 1st giga coaster

The worlds first coaster of it's kind (wooden) with a loop.

I would have to assume if ever a giga would have an inversion, the time would be now. It would stand out the most.

I dont believe the blueprints are wrong. I believe them to be incomplete OR the FIRST revisement of X amount of others out there. 

Track is being made now... I dont see the entire coaster laying out there so right now, this speculation is holding as good as it not happening at all.

But if something is being kept hidden, hyping up a tunnel or lights or the ride sign isnt going to wow anyone like something never seen before...

• Like 4

3 hours ago, shizzzon said:

If there is no inversion, why would anyone not like it? Lol. That sounds childish if true.

Even though Leviathan is short it's still good for being at that park all day.

Since there is a floating theory that KI likes to do things 20yrs after, here is something to think about-

What 2 things happened in 2000 that would fit that theory?

The worlds 1st giga coaster

The worlds first coaster of it's kind (wooden) with a loop.

I would have to assume if ever a giga would have an inversion, the time would be now. It would stand out the most.

I dont believe the blueprints are wrong. I believe them to be incomplete OR the FIRST revisement of X amount of others out there. 

Track is being made now... I dont see the entire coaster laying out there so right now, this speculation is holding as good as it not happening at all.

But if something is being kept hidden, hyping up a tunnel or lights or the ride sign isnt going to wow anyone like something never seen before...

The only thing I can say for sure is we don't have the complete print. There's a ton of sheets to the most recent one, but the actual track plans are not included in it. 

Screenshot_20190802-061915_Drive.jpg

• Like 4

I actually saw the Sky High trailer last night (8/1) around 9pm as I was leaving the area. Both the one shown and another. I didn't snap a picture because I wasn't paying enough attention and was with my family.

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic