Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

I could poke the manufacturer b eww ar here... but I will let him sleep. He seems peaceful.   Lol. I do get that, I've heard a lot of people complain about the clamshell. On ther other side,  heard many praise then. I personally love them

yeah I actually didn't have an issue with Valrvn's it was GateKeeper, They just  have no give at all for me after the drop.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, decyferite said:

Was it because of the noise on the drop?  If so they addressed that by putting sand in the box part of the track.  From my understanding they put sand in the rails now to fix this issue?  If I'm wrong someone please correct me.  

The noise from B & M coasters goes back to Raptor.

Some parks like the noise & incorporate it into the theming i.e. the former Incredible Hulk, other parks want it quieter.

The decision is up to the park.

• Like 2

I like the clamshell, but it's more of a if I see the coaster has a clamsell I know I can ride... My size prevents some restraint systems.  SV is the big one for me here.

Was thinking about something, I'm probably wrong but did Racer ever have buzz bars? For some reason in my mind I thought it did

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sikkinixx99 said:

I hate SV's restraints they always get tighter as you get air time.

The ones on Storm Chaser are perfect.

I agree, I had the same problem with SV's restraints every single time and it sullied the experience for me. Though I also experienced that problem on storm chaser.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Can someone go up on the tower to see if the Skyhigh Coasters trailer is back on site?

It was still in the front parking lot when I left today.

Edit: I did not see any other trailer from WindSeeker, but the big lift hill base footer is done as well as the large triangular one. Lot of other big holes dug but they looked like they were full of rain water. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Honestly the only downside of clamshells is being stapled. Otherwise they're A1. B&M really need to ditch OTSRs for their loopers, however. I hope they realize they'll need to figure this out for 4-across trains to stay competitive.

Also, I'm surprised I haven't heard of Sky High before, at least in the context of coasters, lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, qpDarKqp said:

I loved the clam shells on Diamond Back when they were without the stupid seat belts... After that I felt it lost a ton of Air time. =/ Seat belts ruin all the fun! XD 

Sorry to double post but

Am I missing something because Diamondback never had clamshell restraints??

• Confused 3

4 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

You keep that clamshell away from this coaster! Those are some of the worst restraints ever haha. Plus you wouldn't get any of the airtime! I think if they could go with restraints like Maverick it would be golden. IF there was ever an inversion. Not gonna happen though.

Never rode maverick, heading up there in mid august but I don't really see what's wrong with the clamshell. Much better than half the garbage restraints around the park already.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sikkinixx99 said:

Maverick restraints are awesome I didn't like the original ones.

The ride before was not ridable for me at 6'6".  The new restraints are awesome, and I can enjoy the coaster now without getting my brains beat in.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic