Decoding 2020

fryoj

5 minutes ago, Bennett said:

The ride before was not ridable for me at 6'6".  The new restraints are awesome, and I can enjoy the coaster now without getting my brains beat in.

Oh for sure. They were very bad before. Thank god they designed the new ones so well. Too bad they couldn't replace B&M OTS with these lol

• Like 1

^^Designed well is a bit of an exaggeration. Intamin has way too many problems with restraints breaking considering the the biggest safety feature for most people. Safety should take a much higher precedence than comfort. I personally love best restraints, but I completely understand why people hate them. I also like intamin blitz restraints. I’m just saying, if I rode a coaster 20 times a day every day, I’d prefer the safer option to the more comfortable option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SonofBaconator said:

I really like them.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha

If you read above I confused the clamshell with the vest. Clamshells are great. Vest not so much.

@DiamondBanshee That's cool. I would prefer the comfort restraints if riding 20 times a day. We all have our own opinions so yeah. You are right.....and so am I lol I was not aware of any of the restraints breaking on Maverick.

• Like 1

I'm 5 11 and after a few back to back on steel vengeance, it will start to hurt my legs. 
If they had something to put your feet in like many coasters have something sticking out just a couple inches so you cant lift your feet straight up, that's all thata needed on SV. That and a lap bar

I’m going to Cedar Point tomorrow. I’m 6 foot 1. Will I have a problem?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dwitb said:

Just pray SV is even open at all. I think you'll be ok but if you marathon SV it could start to be slightly painful lol

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, qpDarKqp said:

Would you guys prefer the Diamond back staggered seating over the 4 row Fury/Levi seats? I do love the trains on DB. 

I really like them for their length. Seems to make the differences between front/middle/back even more drastic than on the 4-across trains.

We'll be getting the 4-across trains though.

• Like 4

I personally would prefer Fury seating, the staggered seats on DB while offering a great view force it to be designed differently and they can't take turns as quickly. I'd much prefer the whipiness on this ride for the banking and turns while the staggered seating works for DB because its mainly just floater hills. Also I'm pretty sure Shambala was the last B&M with staggered seating but I could be wrong. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dwitb said:

It's not like I'm in pain, it's just uncomfortable but only if I ride it like 3+ times in under 60min.

It's the leg padding thing that gets me. My chins eventually start to feel it since they are always being pressed up against the padding so hard and so often going back on it over and over with a Fast Lane pass... or if it rains and they shut it all down... run to SV and wait, hehe.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I think we need to start a talk to@Maverick44 thread and just let him and others go wild.

Sigh. Whatever. Well...I think we should start a page for those who can't stay caught up so they can not go wild at all!

It takes one comment to throw a thread off track. Its not the end of the world. I have to get caught up after ever night. I don't complain about the conversations that mean nothing to the thread. Its nice seeing people get along for once in this world.

So to get back on track. What do you suggest we discuss?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

I don't wanna be a negative Nancy, but the thread was still pertaining to our new coaster. Just was trying to get opinions on if people would prefer the Staggered or rowed seating. Either way this coaster will pack a nice punch. Can't wait to feel the force through the Helix! XD That, and to see what's "inside" the first hanger in the Que line. =D

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Sigh. Whatever. Well...I think we should start a page for those who can't stay caught up so they can not go wild at all!

It takes one comment to throw a thread off track. Its not the end of the world. I have to get caught up after ever night. I don't complain about the conversations that mean nothing to the thread. Its nice seeing people get along for once in this world.

So to get back on track. What do you suggest we discuss?

We must discuss the discussions that we will discuss about. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• malem locked this topic