Decoding 2020

fryoj

43 minutes ago, Bansheeback said:

Huh? Everything they gave me is there. What are you looking for thats missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a good 50 pages in that particular group of plans.

Here is an interesting tidbit on the 3rd page of leaked print, called sheet no. 0-E7.0. 

The ride prints themselves are not part of this group. 

Screenshot_20190802-201736_Chrome.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

There's a good 50 pages in that particular group of plans.

Here is an interesting tidbit on the 3rd page of leaked print, called sheet no. 0-E7.0. 

The ride prints themselves are not part of this group. 

Screenshot_20190802-201736_Chrome.jpg

Excellent observation. Its also worth noting that in the leaked prints the engineer didn't clean up the old rev bubbles as they would for a final release. The leaked prints are likely a cut and paste job providing initial detail for phase 1. IE, clearing the grounds for work to begin. 

Once prints are released for work to a contractor doing grading, controlling where they go is near impossible. They don't need structural details for the actual grade work, so it's fairly common practice to issue an "in progress" set of prints to those contractors. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, CoasterMegRN said:

Been out of the country for the past few days without internet/cell service. Can anyone give a quick recap of important updates? I have like 500+ posts to catch up on. TIA!

The latest has been an online petition the park made. If enough people sign it, they'll show us what's behind the wall (with the posters). There is also a shipping container that just popped up, that belongs to a crane company. 

This thread shows everything that's happened.

• Like 3

Hello! I have been reading this thread for about a month now. I have been engaged in all of the news and debates and wanted to submit my own rendering of a train idea I've come up with. I think the grey and navy blue look really good on the track color. I know its nothing new, but I think it would be nice to see similar trains on the real coaster.

Screenshot (56).png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2019 at 8:34 PM, ohiocoasterfan said:

So I would like to say thanks to the park and Cedar Fair for putting together such a great teaser campaign so far. They’ve knocked it out of the park!

We’ve all been coming here daily since the first posters were put up. They didn’t drag it out, and instead put up a poster each day and gave us stuff to talk about. The posters are extremely detailed and have obviously taken a lot of time from the marketing team.

Add to that the hashtag yesterday. A giant hashtag that had a QR code for a change.org site asking for what’s behind the fence.

I can’t remember such a detailed and engaging coaster teaser ever. Name one if you can think of it. This hasn’t been some basic signs, posters or banners. It’s been darn interactive! Bravo CF emoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.png

I personally am not taking much away from this campaign. Hear me out, the whole thing up to this point has been spoon fed information (additionally incorrect Information. IE the tape).

As far as we now know the numbers, the information, and images mean nothing. The only thing we were provided were letters to an acronym that was easily decoded. But beyond that all the hidden things on the posters we previously thought were something; up till now, meant nothing. Additionally the hashtag TEOTWAWKI, I don't see the park using this to lead us on a new journey. It just gave us a hashtag with a dead end and no further action. The petition seems odd, just something to keep time going until the announcement and no reward, if anything they will say at 3000 signatures they will give an announcement date.

Not being negative. This is just my personal takeaway I'm sure many of you have different opinions which are perfectly fine. I just think with the way this coasters information all but leaked they could have really used that to create an amazing campaign full of misdirection. Again this was just what I thought.

• Like 6

I'm kinda amazed at how hard it is to find permits on this project. There's not going to be an obvious "Kings Island is building a coaster" type permits, but even a stormwater runoff permit doesn't show under them or the companies listed. If anyone knows though is it possible to have a permit issued to a different project address? The only recent I found was for the dormitories being built. 

• Like 7

I'm kinda amazed at how hard it is to find permits on this project. There's not going to be an obvious "Kings Island is building a coaster" type permits, but even a stormwater runoff permit doesn't show under them or the companies listed. If anyone knows though is it possible to have a permit issued to a different project address? The only recent I found was for the dormitories being built. 

There are permits and blueprints leaked online. They do show a giga roller coaster. The permit is a Notice of Commencement with a list of all those involved with the project. That includes Bolliger and Mabillard (designers of Banshee and Diamondback).

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, THE_BEASTmaster said:

There are permits and blueprints leaked online. They do show a giga roller coaster. The permit is a Notice of Commencement with a list of all those involved with the project. That includes Bolliger and Mabillard (designers of Banshee and Diamondback).

I thought notice of commencement was for the financial end of the construction and who contractors can seek payment from. Sorta the family tree for funds.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PatchesC said:

They can file the SWEP permit under multiple names, even like to a random person like a project foreman. Alternatively they or the contractor doing the work may have their own environmental group and self permit / report. 

• Like 2

^Indeed!

Back to the 4 across vs. staggered seating debate, I am on team 4 across. To be fair, I've only been on one model of the B&M versions of each (Raging Bull and Diamonback, respectively), and I just feel the 4-across is more classic, in my opinion. Now, to be fair, I was looking forward to the staggered seating when Diamondback was being built, but I do still like the idea of a classic four-across B&M train.

EDIT: Also, a instant messaging system similar to Facebook in the early 2010's would be fantastic. We can already see who is online, so I think it would be really cool (and then groupchats could stem from there). The direct messaging system works fine too, though :)

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic