Decoding 2020

fryoj

14 minutes ago, kifanblh2011 said:

Is it possible they name the new coaster “Zodiac”? I saw multiple billboards with Zodiac while riding KMAA today. 

Seemed odd to me. 

Zodiac was a ride on the spot of Kings Mills Antique Autos from 1975-1986. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kifanblh2011 said:

Is it possible they name the new coaster “Zodiac”? I saw multiple billboards with Zodiac while riding KMAA today. 

Seemed odd to me. 

The billboards, signs, license plates, and the new Kill Mart facade are just references to classic rides, both current and former, including Monster, Racer, Wild Animal Habitat, and of course, Zodiac. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Mystic1017 said:

Out of curiosity Has anyone tried aranging the posters by the size of the lettering? I have noticed that all of the letters that spell TEOTWAWKI are all different sizes.

Hmm I believe someone did earlier on. =o 

4 hours ago, FirefighterENG44 said:

What’s odd is how slow the board is today compared to the last 3-4 days.  I guess now that we know which restraints everybody likes we’re all said apparently.  

I think it's more there hasn't been that much coming out the last couple of days, but it's hard to tell

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, decyferite said:

I think it's more there hasn't been that much coming out the last couple of days, but it's hard to tell

Yeah for how much we got from the park for just over a week straight, we haven't really heard much in the past few days.

• Like 1

Team 4 across for sure. Cars are shorter and can articulate tighter curves, and the shorter train length can help the ride feel that much more zippy.

I really hope I'm not working on the night of the announcement! I've gotten to attend both Banshee's and Mystic's announcements. Would hate to miss being right in the middle of the crowd and watching the reaction!

• Like 6

People are missing what may be the biggest advantage to 4-across seating: shorter trains, which means less walking for the ride ops, which translates to slightly faster loading.

Also, the 4-across trains can accommodate at least 9 rows (see Raging Bull) for a 12.5% increase in capacity over the more typical 8-row design. However, the blueprints reveal that there are only 8 rows in the station, which means that we almost certainly will only have 8 rows. Unlike the track layout, which is definitely 100% and without a doubt going to be exactly what is in the blueprints (sorry everyone, there will NOT be an inversion on this ride and the sooner you accept that, the less disappointed you'll be on opening day), I suppose the queue arrangement in the station COULD change as this would be a fairly minor tweak that could be filed for at quite literally the 11th hour. But realistically, that won't be changing either. There is a 99.999999999999999999999% chance that we will see 8 rows rather than 9 and a 100% chance that the layout will otherwise be exactly what we've already seen in the blueprints.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• malem locked this topic