Decoding 2020

fryoj

8 hours ago, homestar92 said:

People are missing what may be the biggest advantage to 4-across seating: shorter trains, which means less walking for the ride ops, which translates to slightly faster loading.

Also, the 4-across trains can accommodate at least 9 rows (see Raging Bull) for a 12.5% increase in capacity over the more typical 8-row design. However, the blueprints reveal that there are only 8 rows in the station, which means that we almost certainly will only have 8 rows. Unlike the track layout, which is definitely 100% and without a doubt going to be exactly what is in the blueprints (sorry everyone, there will NOT be an inversion on this ride and the sooner you accept that, the less disappointed you'll be on opening day), I suppose the queue arrangement in the station COULD change as this would be a fairly minor tweak that could be filed for at quite literally the 11th hour. But realistically, that won't be changing either. There is a 99.999999999999999999999% chance that we will see 8 rows rather than 9 and a 100% chance that the layout will otherwise be exactly what we've already seen in the blueprints.

Yeah, I do agree with ya. 4 Seaters will blast the que quick. Besides I believe the Staggered seats just work better on a hyper like DB. They're entertaining, but for a *cough cough* Giga, the 4's work better. 4 peeps to the front row makes my life easier, and other fronters! =D Also like others have stated, just makes the coaster feel more intense through the carnage! >=D lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, upstop said:

“The end of the world as we know it” possibly a Meteor or Asteroid themed name?

Or an alien invasion. Although, the more I think about it, the more ambitious an end of the world theme seems. It just seems a little grand for KI's theming.  I guess one idea could be that you are evacuating and thus attempting to escape whatever the threat may be. But I think a simple space theme could go a long way. 

• Like 2

Or an alien invasion. Although, the more I think about it, the more ambitious an end of the world theme seems. It just seems a little grand for KI's theming.  I guess one idea could be that you are evacuating and thus attempting to escape whatever the threat may be. But I think a simple space theme could go a long way. 
Have to chuckle, not at the idea or the concept, but we vasolate so much as a community. We want themed rides, but then we are content to settle on simplicity.@Joshua, please don't take this as a criticism of your post, just an observation of the spectrum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Have to chuckle, not at the idea or the concept, but we vasolate so much as a community. We want themed rides, but then we are content to settle on simplicity.@Joshua, please don't take this as a criticism of your post, just an observation of the spectrum.

I think it's always about context. If it's a solid ride with a nice entrance sign/area, I'm content. Also, Hagrid cost $300M and won't be making any enthusiast top 10. 

Of course people are fickle, too. Also, it's *vacillate*. Vaso spellings usually refer to veins. 

Here's hoping next week brings some new developments. I've enjoyed the posters, but the pacing KI was doing a good job setting tanked with the change.org page.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, aj74205 said:

Here's hoping next week brings some new developments. I've enjoyed the posters, but the pacing KI was doing a good job setting tanked with the change.org page.

Absolutely agree. Feels like the whole teaser campaign is stuck on buffering right now...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Absolutely agree. Feels like the whole teaser campaign is stuck on buffering right now...

at this point just them paying a couple actors to look like military dudes directing people away from the wall would suffice for keeping the feeling going

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, aj74205 said:

I think it's always about context. If it's a solid ride with a nice entrance sign/area, I'm content. 

Same here. It seems that when a new ride opens with amazing theming there is only one way it can go, down. (Top Gun, Back Lot & Tomb Raider being three good examples.) I would rather have a nice looking ride that the park can easily maintain. It has always been agony for me to watch once great theming deteriorate year after year. 

• Like 5

I think it's always about context. If it's a solid ride with a nice entrance sign/area, I'm content. Also, Hagrid cost $300M and won't be making any enthusiast top 10. 
Of course people are fickle, too. Also, it's *vacillate*. Vaso spellings usually refer to veins. 
Thanks for the grammar correction. I'm at work and mobile, so I don't have Grammarly to help me write coherently. Lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr_Krispy said:

What does that even mean?

When a petition is created a "decision maker" is selected ie. who can implement whatever change is petitioned. If that person's contact info isn't in the Change.org site it will ask the petition creator to fill in the info. But if the "decision maker" isn't responding to notifications this may come up os what I would assume.

• Like 1

I was looking back at the MT decoding thread and learned that the media received the truck and announcement date on 7/19. The announcement was on 7/28. I would expect the same time frame of 10 days for this announcement. So if we are thinking 8/15 or 8/16 is the date then the media should receive something either this Tuesday or Wednesday. We’re almost there!!!b47aef552a94ddee61c7e75710323ebf.jpg

• Like 10

The Banshee announcement/teaser comb with silver hair was delivered to the news on July 31st, 2013. The announcement was on August 8, 2013. This is 9 days. Also note that for MT the media received the teaser on a Tuesday and for Banshee it was a Wednesday. I can now say with high certainty we get an announcement date on Tuesday or Wednesday this week. fc57414556e6205ba6520edc17d8e325.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, thatguyfromohio said:

0e89e885f5988a92b31e5b48bbc5121a.jpg
As I stand by the fence, I hear
“I heard it’s gonna be a flying giga”
“I heard it’ll be like TTD”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry I like to say stupid stuff to see if anyone is listening, and will put it on forums or social media.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I just meant that KI's theming, which is getting better, is usually simple and if they do go big with the end of the world theme, I am down. But at the same time, I don't think there's anything wrong with a simple, maintainable theme. AE's theming was incredible, but most of the effects no longer work and the entire context of its grand finale is completely lost without that lava effect. So for me it is hopes versus reality. I'd love for them to continue delivering great theming, but I also want them to deliver theming they will keep up with. 

• Like 4

^That's fair ^_^

Also, I got to see the posters in person today and oh my gosh, it was amazing! I also noticed a few interesting things that I hadn't noticed from just looking at them online:

First, on the below picture it says "Advancement testing for future initiatives"... hmmm... The End is Where We Begin...

KIMG0041.JPG

Also, I noticed that the QR code poster that sends one with a smart device to that Change.org petition appears to have QR codes inside QR codes (QR codeception?)

EDIT: See a few posts down for the picture... it was supposed to all post together, but for some reason my computer froze up and I had to close IE and re-open it/repost... <_<

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic