Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 hours ago, thatguyfromohio said:

0e89e885f5988a92b31e5b48bbc5121a.jpg
As I stand by the fence, I hear
“I heard it’s gonna be a flying giga”
“I heard it’ll be like TTD”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be able to beat this. Someone on IG got on me from my post on the blueprints and said “this is going to be a skyhigh coaster” and after I said they were just contractors for the vertical portion he said “why would they build a competitors coaster?” I’ll post a screen shot for entertainment later if anyone wants to see it. Honestly think it’s someone trolling and looking for an argument. 

BUT... if it were a flying giga and had a manta style drop up into a pretzel loop, SIGN ME UP! 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

@MDMC01 Dont you mean QRception? :P

I guess lol

Also, I meant to add more pictures to that post, but for some reason it didn't work.

The aforementioned QRception:

QR code inception_PROJECTX.JPG

Also, this one said "Rombus" for some reason... whatever that means...

KIMG0039.JPG

Finally, the Firehawk poster! On this one, it says FTL/LTF, which I didn't realize was Fly-to-lie/Lie-to-fly until I started typing my original post lol

KIMG0038.JPG

• Like 3

Great, thanks!  I think the “testing” of prior attractions is  all leading up to this monster of a coaster. The coding of numbers and states must mean something. I think the name of the coaster is hidden in the coding somehow. I’ll bet the reveal date is there too. In fact I bet ride statistics are there as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

The Banshee announcement/teaser comb with silver hair was delivered to the news on July 31st, 2013. The announcement was on August 8, 2013. This is 9 days. Also note that for MT the media received the teaser on a Tuesday and for Banshee it was a Wednesday. I can now say with high certainty we get an announcement date on Tuesday or Wednesday this week. fc57414556e6205ba6520edc17d8e325.jpg

Has the title of this thread been changed?  Decombing 2020 :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Notatroll!!! said:

I like turtles...

Seriously though just wanted to join in on the conversation. Been going to PKI since I was a kid, still remember riding The Racer a few times one day with my dad, then they must have had a shift change and the guy measured me and said I was too short. Both sides front wards and backwards started chanting "LET HIM RIDE, LET HIM RIDE, LET HIM RIDE" was a crazy feeling everyone looking at me and my dad and chanting. He let me ride too lol

• Like 5

4 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

sorry its hard to write with a mouse but here's this, ROMBUS so we basically know its gonna be space/alien themed

Captureerttsr.PNG

Hope you are right. That is the theme I have wanted since the beginning. Also wanted blue track since the beginning. Now give me a great ride!!

• Like 3

Saw that comment as well. Didn't really strike me as "from the park staff" immediately like some of the others.  I'm kinda leaning towards someone trolling. I personally think the change.org comments from the park were setting up the backstory/ thememing more so than hinting at the name. 

1 hour ago, MDMC01 said:

Re: the Invertigo poster, the "reusable" part of Rombus could refer to the fact that the new train is from Stinger/Invertigo, which meant it was re-used.

I rode Invertigo yesterday for the first time with the new trains.  Seems like it was running a lot faster.  My brother in law blacked out twice.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, standbyme said:

Same here. It seems that when a new ride opens with amazing theming there is only one way it can go, down. (Top Gun, Back Lot & Tomb Raider being three good examples.) I would rather have a nice looking ride that the park can easily maintain. It has always been agony for me to watch once great theming deteriorate year after year. 

They didn't go down they got lost in transition.  Paramount Kings Island was a Theme park with rides based on their movies being that it was a production company so themed rides were their forte. When Cedar Fair bought Ki by choice or not they didn't keep the licensing needed to keep the movie themed rides as they were. Cedar Fair is a Thrill park known for bigger, bolder, faster; breaking records with rides. Theming isn't their forte, beyond a color scheme and name, Mystic Timbers shows that theming is outside Cedar Fairs comfort zone. MT is still awesome of an attempt at theming but the"story" was kind lost on me.

So when they removed all the licensing the rides didn't make any coherent sense anymore. 

CF should have just taken tomb raider out of its shell as the ride itself fit very well in cfs record breaking theme as it was the world's only giant top spin in existence. Had they just taken out the liscensed stuff and the building it would have stayed. But as the crypt it just no longer made sense and it lost its ridership and therefore no longer worth keeping. 

Ki it's a unique child of the Cedar Fair family because it came themed and over the years it's starting to fit more in as a Thrill park and less of a theme park. 

So I think the new giga will have a nice color scheme and name and maybe a slight story to fit in with the area but that's about it. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Do you guys think they will refresh/redo Flight of Fear if they continue the space/alien theme over to the new coaster? 

I love the 1990s look of FoF, but was curious if they would give it a new coat of paint to bring new life into the area?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Acook44 said:

Do you guys think they will refresh/redo Flight of Fear if they continue the space/alien theme over to the new coaster? 

I love the 1990s look of FoF, but was curious if they would give it a new coat of paint to bring new life into the area?

if they are going to merge the old Firehawk queue then whats the point of not painting the  building and the run way lines that used to be there? I would love to see them redo the whole area and i think they will!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

if they are going to merge the old Firehawk queue then whats the point of not painting the  building and the run way lines that used to be there? I would love to see them redo the whole area and i think they will!

I think that would certainly help, though I wouldn't hold my breath for anything crazy for a complete redo. The simple painting of the visible side of the barn certainly helps with the immersion already! It was a detail I didn't realize we needed, but since the building was visible, it certainly helps. Especially since this new ride seems to be related in theme to FOF. I'm glad CF is continuing the trend of soft theming for their rides.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

CF should have just taken tomb raider out of its shell as the ride itself fit very well in cfs record breaking theme as it was the world's only giant top spin in existence. Had they just taken out the liscensed stuff and the building it would have stayed. But as the crypt it just no longer made sense and it lost its ridership and therefore no longer worth keeping. 

A lack of ridership was not the reason for the ultimate demise of The Crypt. The ride was plagued with downtime and many other issues that stem from being an “oversized” prototype. And that’s just skimming the surface. To put it lightly, from my knowledge over the years, that ride was tearing itself up. It was going to have a limited lifespan no matter what. 

For more information on the demise of The Crypt, I’d recommend reading older forum posts and searching for a bit. These forums contain quite a hefty amount of first-hand knowledge about that ride. 

• Like 8

• malem locked this topic