Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 hours ago, Acook44 said:

Do you guys think they will refresh/redo Flight of Fear if they continue the space/alien theme over to the new coaster? 

I love the 1990s look of FoF, but was curious if they would give it a new coat of paint to bring new life into the area?

We were at Kings Dominion this past weekend, figured FOF would be identical to KI, which yes the layout is. BUT, the trains were different, my husband fit comfortably where he doesn't at KI and the ride felt different. I know it won't happen but I wish we could get those trains so I'm not squished like a sardine. We were on one of the last trains of the night and someone yelled out something, couldn't quite hear cause we were in the back, the operator said well that's about the 100th time I've heard a area 51 joke.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, harmony29 said:

We were at Kings Dominion this past weekend, figured FOF would be identical to KI, which yes the layout is. BUT, the trains were different, my husband fit comfortably where he doesn't at KI and the ride felt different. I know it won't happen but I wish we could get those trains so I'm not squished like a sardine. We were on one of the last trains of the night and someone yelled out something, couldn't quite hear cause we were in the back, the operator said well that's about the 100th time I've heard a area 51 joke.

I have noticed that if you ride on an even number row on FoF at Kings Island it wont squish you as much. But I might be wrong.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, decyferite said:

This may be far out left field, but with the track (I'm not familiar with the intricacies of track type) could it be an inverted giga?  Or is this not possible?

I am sure it is possible but likely no. They already have Banshee.

• Like 3

This may be far out left field, but with the track (I'm not familiar with the intricacies of track type) could it be an inverted giga?  Or is this not possible?

From what it’s marked, no.

Also, this wouldn’t be a good idea considering it would make Banshee, the current most expensive coaster in park history, pretty much obsolete. Why build a very big and expensive coaster, only to one up it with a bigger and more expensive coaster of the same type?

Yes I know instances of this make sense, particularly with woodies. However, inverts are such a niche type that it wouldn’t make sense in this case. Also, before people say “this giga is just a bigger Diamondback,” no, it isn’t. If you don’t believe me, ride Fury and I232 or Levi and Behemoth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

I am sure it is possible but likely no. They already have Banshee.

It seemed out of the way things were going lol... Side note we will be at the park on Saturday and will be taking our DSLR camera, and as unstable as I feel on the ET, will get some new shots of the construction site to add more 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, decyferite said:

It seemed out of the way things were going lol... Side note we will be at the park on Saturday and will be taking our DSLR camera, and as unstable as I feel on the ET, will get some new shots of the construction site to add more 

Aweasome man! I am gonan try and make it one Sunday here this month. Does anyone know how busy Sunday's are in the park?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Aweasome man! I am gonan try and make it one Sunday here this month. Does anyone know how busy Sunday's are in the park?

For the rest of this month I would probably say that Sundays wont be that crowded. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

They didn't go down they got lost in transition. 

I am not talking about the licensed theming, I understand those. I am talking things like the fog, the billboard, the flags, the carrier control room on Top Gun which could have continued when it was still Flight Deck. 

On Back Lot the cars were cheapened into just shells...the helicopter stopped going up and down...and I won’t count the “stair effect” or the water pond because those were gone almost instantly.

As for Tomb Raider/The Crypt... the chamber doors were just left open, the “Goddess wall” was simply painted black instead of putting anything in it’s place.

i am not an expert like some people...I am sure there are several more.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

^I get what you’re saying, but consider a few things:

Crypt was, as previously stated, a massive prototype that was ripping itself apart. Not only that but it was themed completely around Tomb Raider. As stated before, the ride lost almost all charm and the theming lost all meaning once that theme was gone. They still kept a good amount of theming in there and did convert some of it, but if they were to pour even more money into it, while it was doomed to have a short lifespan, it wouldn’t have made sense.

With Top Gun/Flight Deck, I agree it would’ve been nice to keep the airplane theme, but now it’s been renamed and repainted to The Bat. All the airplane theming would be obsolete at this point. Could they have maybe moved it to FoF or the new giga? Sure, but whats the point when FoF is already well themed and the giga will probably have brand new theming. 90s theming on a brand new 2020 coaster would look pretty bad imo.

With BLSC, my only though about why the cars are just shells now is CF was worried about Mini filing a lawsuit due to similarities between the coaster cars and theirs. Keeping them plain colors gives CF a much better leg to stand on.

As for fog/effects/etc. so far on Banshee and MT, they are still up keeping all the effects. I’m surprised Banshees fog/mist effect still works. Maybe CF is starting to put a focus on their themed coasters as they know they’ll last much longer (for the most part) than any current ride.

• Like 5

There is a noticable if not substantial difference in maintaining/adding/adhering to theming (even if light) between the Kinzel era and the Ouimet/Zimmerman era. It is almost startling. Carowinds and CW just opened two brand new relatively immersive themed areas. Knotts has had major renovations done to its two Disney-esque attractions.

Carnivale, and I-Street (along with the glockenspiel) are, in my opinion, the epitome of this.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, DiamondBanshee said:

From what it’s marked, no.

Also, this wouldn’t be a good idea considering it would make Banshee, the current most expensive coaster in park history, pretty much obsolete. Why build a very big and expensive coaster, only to one up it with a bigger and more expensive coaster of the same type?

Yes I know instances of this make sense, particularly with woodies. However, inverts are such a niche type that it wouldn’t make sense in this case. Also, before people say “this giga is just a bigger Diamondback,” no, it isn’t. If you don’t believe me, ride Fury and I232 or Levi and Behemoth.

Behemoth feels more aggressive than leviathan.

Fury is more aggressive than 232 but 232 is better, imo, on somethings over Diamondback. I think it's better than Diamondback.

Diamondback is laid back so I hope Kiga is pretty aggressive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maverick44 said:

I was in the park yesterday.  Generally, on Sunday's the park is not busy at all at opening time and gets gradually busier throughout the day.  The water park was packed at 1pm when we went over there.  I didn't wait more than 20 minutes for anything in the hard park.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

I was in the park yesterday.  Generally, on Sunday's the park is not busy at all at opening time and gets gradually busier throughout the day.  The water park was packed at 1pm when we went over there.  I didn't wait more than 20 minutes for anything in the hard park.

Is "hard park" a thing? I've always called it water park and dry park. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, teenageninja said:

Thank you for the update! I can't wait to get there!

23 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

Don't call it a tunnel, make it a wormhole.

WORMHOLE : a hypothetical structure of space-time envisioned as a tunnel connecting points that are separated in space and time

What about a black hole? What if there is a tunnel that is pitch black......like a black hole?

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic