Decoding 2020

fryoj

Finally got a response from John Matarese! 

Screenshot_20190805-140725.thumb.png.dc8404ed91dbced128540df4ff6e7967.png
Next Friday, Awesome! I hope they give us new teases becuase now it feels like this campaign is going so slowly and getting boring. I would have rather them spaced the posters out if they planned on announcing the ride nearly a month after the first poster went up.
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, TheBEASTunchained said:

A lack of ridership was not the reason for the ultimate demise of The Crypt. The ride was plagued with downtime and many other issues that stem from being an “oversized” prototype. And that’s just skimming the surface. To put it lightly, from my knowledge over the years, that ride was tearing itself up. It was going to have a limited lifespan no matter what. 

For more information on the demise of The Crypt, I’d recommend reading older forum posts and searching for a bit. These forums contain quite a hefty amount of first-hand knowledge about that ride. 

I apologise I knew about the mechanical issues I just was speaking to theming and didn't think to add it.  Though did it arrise from the change too? If it had stayed as designed would it have worn down as it did when they changed the ride operations since they couldn't do the story mode as you could call it. 

What I mean, I rode it all the time the years it was tomb raider and didn't seem to have the breakdowns. I rode it once (because I didn't like the new constant flips) as the crypt and it was an entirely different ride sequence with nothing but constant flips. Was this discussed id be curious if the change in pattern effected the mechanics worse than when it only flipped the times as tomb raider. 

Thanks though I'll look at the old threads. :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ArrowChainLiftNoiseMakesMeHappy said:
1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:
Finally got a response from John Matarese! 

Screenshot_20190805-140725.thumb.png.dc8404ed91dbced128540df4ff6e7967.png

Next Friday, Awesome! I hope they give us new teases becuase now it feels like this campaign is going so slowly and getting boring. I would have rather them spaced the posters out if they planned on announcing the ride nearly a month after the first poster went up.

Remember just a rumor. I'm already betting on the 15th. 

• Like 2

Hey everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself as I am new to the site! Super excited about the upcoming announcement and new coaster! I live in Louisville and have always loved KI and make sure to go at least once a year. Just graduated from college in May and working at Kentucky Kingdom for the summer as a ride op before I move to Germany for work for a year during my gap year. Hoping to hit up Europa and some other cool parks abroad. All that means next year will be my first season not visiting KI at least once since 2008, which is unfortunate considering the shiny new toy we're getting.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and express my enthusiasm for the site, coasters, and KI! :)

• Like 15

The reason I was thinking wormhole was for the transporting you into a different place in the universe or outside our universe in the blink of an eye. If you actually shaped the beginning as a funnel pointed toward the top of the hill with all of the tunnel done in LED net screens, you could make a great effect of being shot thru a wormhole. I know, far fetched...but would be different.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, StormChaser97 said:

Hey everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself as I am new to the site! Super excited about the upcoming announcement and new coaster! I live in Louisville and have always loved KI and make sure to go at least once a year. Just graduated from college in May and working at Kentucky Kingdom for the summer as a ride op before I move to Germany for work for a year during my gap year. Hoping to hit up Europa and some other cool parks abroad. All that means next year will be my first season not visiting KI at least once since 2008, which is unfortunate considering the shiny new toy we're getting.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and express my enthusiasm for the site, coasters, and KI! :)

@StormChaser97 Welcome to KIC. =)

• Like 5

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and express my enthusiasm for the site, coasters, and KI!

I was stationed at Bitburg Air Base 1988-1992 and went to Phantasia Land but they didn’t yet have Taron. I want to return so bad to ride it, it looks bad to the bone!! Enjoy the schnitzel, I miss the food and bier, Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Bruzer said:

Gotta love how the park went from "Where's the teasers?" to proving why they're one of the best in the business at them. It's sending all of us though a loop (no pun intended) 

If you say so. I think people are just seeing a bunch of things that aren't there. I'm not even convinced there are any puzzles to solve here.  Just because people are confused and chasing their own tales doesn't mean the teasers are great.

Just an observation, would Kings Island announce their new awesome rollercoaster on the 16th or would they rather announce on another day so the news isn’t absorbed into all the rest of the parks new roller coast announcements? I will be there next Friday to enjoy the park nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

If it is the 15th or 16th, the announcement date will probably be announced sometime this week. With Mystic Timbers, they set the date about nine days in advance, so I see them announcing the date very soon! Assuming it is the 15th, I could see them announcing the date tomorrow on their social media and sending teasers to local news stations. That would line up with the timeline of Mystic Timbers. The 15th is also a Thursday, so that matches up to!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DubVLegend said:

I haven't been to every announcement.... Has the park ever did an announcement on a Friday?

None that I can recall in recent memory. As far as coasters, Diamondback was announced on a Wednesday (August 6, 2008) while Banshee and Mystic Timbers were both on a Thursday (August 8, 2013 and July 28, 2016 respectively)

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic