Decoding 2020

fryoj

42 minutes ago, Enchanted Voyage Lover said:

How many plan on being here 8/15/2019?

Unless someone is willing to invent Star Trek transportation, I am too far away here in Florida for that.

If someone does invent it before then, just beam me up, Scotty. It probably won't be the weirdest part of the announcement. ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just got off the phone with KI guest relations.  Don't bother calling yet, they have no info. Didn't even know untill the 20th call what everyone was talking about. Lol. Said they should have info (public or not) next week if they recieve any.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, harmony29 said:

Key word being joke, I'm sorry I think it's ridiculous that opinions have been formed before we really have all the true statistics. Booing at the reveal will make all coaster fans look bad and deter the park from inviting GP in the future. I know we don't know yet if GP is invited, but o really pray if we are that people can behave.

Understandable, but there is always one jerk in the crowd that whatever is announced wont meet their personal expectations

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Just got off the phone with KI guest relations.  Don't bother calling yet, they have no info. Didn't even know untill the 20th call what everyone was talking about. Lol. Said they should have info (public or not) next week if they recieve any.

Reminds me of when the company I do Tech Support for releases/announces a new product without any heads up for us and then I get multiple calls about it asking questions.  I have to go to the website to try and find information

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Kings Island wouldn't of posted it on twitter if it was a closed event for media only. They get their day when the ride is built and there is a Media day. This is for everyone!

Not necessarily, if it was a press only event 'everyone' would know after the news reports that follow the event. Or they could also live stream the event, as I understand they've done in the past. I hope they do because I'll be out of town that day unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Itsintheshed said:

Not necessarily, if it was a press only event 'everyone' would know after the news reports that follow the event. Or they could also live stream the event, as I understand they've done in the past. I hope they do because I'll be out of town that day unfortunately.

No this is a public event. I have never seen KI do a press only announcement.

• Like 4

Okay lets just sit here and put 2 & 2 together, If the park is open until 8pm and the announcement it at 10pm then they will clearly have something for pass holders more than likely is my guess.  

All the announcements i have been to are open to the public, I mean this will probably be the biggest thing since Dback announcement. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Maverick44 said:

No this is a public event. I have never seen KI do a press only announcement.

It might be a first for them for all we know. I mean, if the park doesn't stay open until 10pm I'm not sure how anyone other than those invited will be able to get to X base when the event happens. It could be one more record this coaster could break - lowest number of non-media personnel in attendance :lol: But seriously, I hope you're right and that it is open to the public so everyone can enjoy the announcement we've waited so long for. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Itsintheshed said:

It might be a first for them for all we know. I mean, if the park doesn't stay open until 10pm I'm not sure how anyone other than those invited will be able to get to X base when the event happens. It could be one more record this coaster could break - lowest number of non-media personnel in attendance :lol: But seriously, I hope you're right and that it is open to the public so everyone can enjoy the announcement we've waited so long for. 

Ki even made the Antique Autos a public announcement this will definitively be one! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Itsintheshed said:

I think you CAN get your hopes up for public allowed to be there.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

Ki even made the Antique Autos a public announcement this will definitively be one! 

I hope you're right! And I think it should be open to the public, after all the anticipation for this announcement. I'm just saying its theoretically possible that they may not, and we'll just have to wait until they say something to effect of longer hours that day or something special for pass holders, or however they would enable non-media members to be in the park after closing several hours earlier. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Something that would be cool was if there was a bunch of fake Military/ "cammo dudes" were all around x-base guarding Flight of Fear and the entrance of xbase

All blacked out trucks and Jeeps patrolling the parking lot too

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, DiamondBanshee said:

^I was thinking this as well. Probably Zephyr, Scrambler, and Dodgems too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey Mr.Don sir... if you are taking recommendations pls have these rides that my friends stated and add WindSeeker for those for night views and its a dope night ride.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Fye Coasters said:

Okay lets just sit here and put 2 & 2 together, If the park is open until 8pm and the announcement it at 10pm then they will clearly have something for pass holders more than likely is my guess.  

All the announcements i have been to are open to the public, I mean this will probably be the biggest thing since Dback announcement. 

I kind of think Banshee was a bigger announcement than Diamondback.  Does anyone care to guess the how much this ride is going to cost?  I am thinking in the $28 million range. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, flightoffear1996 said:

I kind of think Banshee was a bigger announcement than Diamondback.  Does anyone care to guess the how much this ride is going to cost?  I am thinking in the $28 million range. 

Imma say itll be 30 million and yet again they will announce it as "The single most expensive investment in Kings Island History"

I know I know Fury was 30 mil 

• Like 5

• malem locked this topic