Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

You shouldnt assume. Just incase it isnt, you are putting your foot in your mouth. While I'm pretty positive it will be open to the public, only KI knows if it will or not. 

Come on man! You know this is open to the public!:ph34r:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sixohdieselrage said:

You shouldnt assume. Just incase it isnt, you are putting your foot in your mouth. While I'm pretty positive it will be open to the public, only KI knows if it will or not. 

Ive always known about KIC but this coaster was the reason i finally joined. So im curious is there lots of quoting posts and "i told you so's" after the announcements?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Yeah i know, just making a wild guess, putting two and two together. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Ive always known about KIC but this coaster was the reason i finally joined. So im curious is there lots of quoting posts and "i told you so's" after the announcements?

As @KI FANATIC 37 said, happens quite often. 

And honestly, I've put my mouth in my mouth on several occasions. 

@Maverick44 I'm sure also, but it's the whole concept of automatically saying "we are right".

@Fye Coasters I am too, but I'm not saying "I know I am right".

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

As @KI FANATIC 37 said, happens quite often. 

And honestly, I've put my mouth in my mouth on several occasions. 

@Maverick44 I'm sure also, but it's the whole concept of automatically saying "we are right".

@Fye Coasters I am too, but I'm not saying "I know I am right".

Yeah i know. I am just ready for the announcement  lol 

• Like 1

Yeah it looks like the 10 pm announcement for Banshee was very successful which is why they did it again for Mystic Timbers and that was successful which is also why they are doing it here for this, but looks like they are trying it out when the park closes at 8, but most likely anyone can attend. 

I wonder why there isn't that many news articles on this yet. WCPO and Cincinnati Enquirer both have one, but I can only access the WCPO one because Cincinnati Enquirer is a site you have to have an account to view the articles. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I wonder why there isn't that many news articles on this yet. WCPO and Cincinnati Enquirer both have one, but I can only access the WCPO one because Cincinnati Enquirer is a site you have to have an account to view the articles. 

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/entertainment/2019/08/06/kings-island-announcement-major-announcement-features-teotwawki/1933348001/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

if fury 325 was 30 million there is no way that this coaster will be 34 million unless they put 5 million of it into theming and i highly doubt that...

You obviously have not had to cost out steel...  Steel in 2014 (when Fury track would have been made) was $650 per ton and is currently going around $830 per ton...had Fury been announced for 2016 and thus track would have been built in 2015 it would have been $460/ton...just think it may have been Fury386 then!

Moral of story - steel prices adjust substantially year to year based on supply/demand...

• Like 4

Just now, disco2000 said:

You obviously have not had to cost out steel...  Steel in 2014 (when Fury track would have been made) was $650 per ton and is currently going around $830 per ton...had fury been announced for 2016 and thus track would have been built in 2015 it would have been $460/ton...just think it may have been Fury386 then!

Moral of story - steel prices adjust substantially year to year based on supply/demand...

totally didnt think about that..... my bad!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

totally didnt think about that..... my bad!

No problem, this forum doubles as an educational site to learn from senior members and those in the industry...just think you have been learning all summer while out of school!:P

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

i meant wlwt and this video was posted 7 minutes ago 

Yeah, the video was posted on youtube just today, but that video has been on the wlwt site since the blueprints got leaked. They just probably forgot to put it on YouTube so they did it now. But it's hilarious when Dennis Spiegel calls the helixes loops. He did the same with Diamondback's blueprints. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• malem locked this topic