Decoding 2020

fryoj

7 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah, the video was posted on youtube just today, but that video has been on the wlwt site since the blueprints got leaked. They just probably forgot to put it on YouTube so they did it now. But it's hilarious when Dennis Spiegel calls the helixes loops. He did the same with Diamondback's blueprints. 

Hahaha they actually think its a vertical loop in the video. That is funny. he also says the height is 305 ft and so is the drop lol?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

Good thing it has lightning rods!

Yea, anything of that height has to be engineered with the knowledge that it will be nailed by CG lightning many times...

Off topic, so if this needs to be moved so be it, but I did notice last week that the aircraft warning strobe at the top if its antennae was out. Random curiosity, but is there a deadline for which the park needs to have it operational again? Some kind of FAA guideline?

• Like 3

It's Official...OPEN TO ALL GUEST AT THE PARK.

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2019/august/kings-island-to-make-major-announcement-august-15

"The time is coming when everything will be revealed and made known to all.

After months of speculation, Kings Island will make a major announcement Thursday, August 15 at 10 p.m. All guests visiting the park that day are invited to attend.

The announcement will take place in Coney Mall in the Flight of Fear ride entance plaza area. 

While Kings Island closes August 15 at 8 p.m., select rides, games and food locations will remain open in Coney Mall for guests to enjoy from 8-10 p.m."

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KIBOB said:

Yea, anything of that height has to be engineered with the knowledge that it will be nailed by CG lightning many times...

Off topic, so if this needs to be moved so be it, but I did notice last week that the aircraft warning strobe at the top if its antennae was out. Random curiosity, but is there a deadline for which the park needs to have it operational again? Some kind of FAA guideline?

Actually the strobe on Drop Tower hasn't been operational since June 15th....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, disco2000 said:

Actually the strobe on Drop Tower hasn't been operational since June 15th....

They probably needed to order parts from Intamin to replace something with it. It must of been fried from the strikes or just burnt out.

• Like 2

Something is off here in the blog post, and it ties in with the supposed errors on the teasing posters. The word "entrance" is spelled incorrectly. Maybe the the errors were hinting all along that the community was errant in speculating...or maybe it's just a typo that the word processer didn't alert the user to...3f405b0bcc28e9b7fea98447747111fc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Something is off here in the blog post, and it ties in with the supposed errors on the teasing posters. The word "entrance" is spelled incorrectly. Maybe the the errors were hinting all along that the community was errant in speculating...or maybe it's just a typo that the word processer didn't alert the user to...

Good catch.....what could the mis information / typos mean..

Maybe the leaked the blueprins themselves and the info on the prints is a typo and its really going to be a massive coaster lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Something is off here in the blog post, and it ties in with the supposed errors on the teasing posters. The word "entrance" is spelled incorrectly. Maybe the the errors were hinting all along that the community was errant in speculating...or maybe it's just a typo that the word processer didn't alert the user to...3f405b0bcc28e9b7fea98447747111fc.jpg

Facepalm.gif

• Like 3

Just now, Maverick44 said:

Good catch.....what could the mis information / typos mean..

Maybe the leaked the blueprins themselves and the info on the prints is a typo and its really going to be a massive coaster lol

I mean any coaster over 300ft is a massive coaster. Especially considering there’s only 5 of those in the world right now.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, TristinTargaryen said:

I mean any coaster over 300ft is a massive coaster. Especially considering there’s only 5 of those in the world right now.

I know maybe my word choice was poor. I should of said bigger then we thought.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TristinTargaryen said:

Actually there are six in the world....well eight if you are strictly going over 300 feet...but currently six complete circuit giga coasters in the world...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

They probably needed to order parts from Intamin to replace something with it. It must of been fried from the strikes or just burnt out.

I'd say it's probably not an Intamin specific part. Whelen makes a lot of strobes for that purpose. Just a guess though

• malem locked this topic