Decoding 2020

fryoj

17 minutes ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Has anyone noticed anything on the Banshee cam tonight?  The only way to get a semi back there is the road that goes behind Banshee, right?

This is probably a dumb question, but how do you get to the Banshee cam? Is there a link?

• Like 3

So to be clear for the sake of people not having to scroll back so far, Coney Mall with select rides, games, and restaurants will be open until 10p on Thursday. I have also been informed that they will be staffing someone from admissions until 10:00, so you can still enter the park after 8:00.

As far as people booing the stats and stuff, the best thing I can tell you is to don’t be “that guy.” If they ride offers a good experience, then who cares about the stats?

Also, and I have to admit that I skipped about 10 pages of reading but I’m sure it’s noted that in today’s conference call they mentioned that they were investing $120,000,000 in rides next year. That’s a lot!! Even if our coaster is $30 million (which I doubt) that still leaves a ton of room - despite the fact that most parks haven’t announced yet. If they were big cap ex’s we’d probably know. I think there might be some sort of show element to our giga that sets it apart. Not like “the shed” or anything like Haggrets, but maybe a show/queue building like FOF’s. There is that “prop building” that the line goes through. Wouldn’t that be cool??

• Like 22

9 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Once again with the little Steelers shaped stars huh? haha j/k

So, I meant to point this out last time the Steelers stars were implemented in a logo, and it's a bit off topic, but the Steelers stars aren't really the Steelers' thing. At least not originally. The logo is called the Steelmark logo (pictured below) and is owned by the American Iron and Steel institute and is still used today despite probably being known more as a symbol of the football team than the steel industry. It was originally used on the Steelers helmets exactly as pictured below (with the text "Steel" instead of "Steelers"). The owners of the logo actually approached the Steelers about putting it on their helmet as a sort of product placement, which is why there's no trademark or copyright issues in their using it.

Another fun fact that I learned when I visited Wikipedia to find this logo is that apparently a mirror image of it is also used by a professional soccer team in Chile. The more you know!

spacer.png

(image from Wikipedia)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

There are actually bacon festivals. I went to the bacon beer classic at the Mets stadium and it was amazing!989ea5832e37a03746fedf7becd6e494.jpg

Oh I know, I just want a bacon festival that takes place inside Kings Island so I can eat bacon and ride roller coasters all in the same place. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When your so excited to see a track update at Kings Island you wake up at 5:00 lol. Super excited to see track at Kings Island today on site. If you haven't heard yesterday i drove past CSF and blue station/ transfer idek it had wheel on the track but anyways station track was strapped on to a trailer ready to be delivered... two hours later the trailers gone???? BUt i found out that someone saw a trailer on the Banshee cam so that is most likely it

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

Sorry for the double post guess no one else is posting on here today.  So here is this. 

https://panjiva.com/bolliger-mabillard-inc/33398707  

are you gonna be at Kings Island today? and if you are you should get a picture of the track on the construction site

3 hours ago, sixohdieselrage said:

Empty fifth wheel trailer at CSF today still. Nothing loaded as of 0805.

I was at CSF yesterday and station track or a track with wheels on it? was on the trailer and 2 hours later after i saw it , it was gone and should be at Kings Island today

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tks944 said:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this but could we be getting the worlds first VR Giga? Could the prop building in the line be where you put on the VR headset? IDK just a thought.  

I'm sorry my dear, but you are up for elimination.

• Like 6

• malem locked this topic