Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 hours ago, Snowball said:

It’s absolutely fake. “Beast unleashed” was a concept video that went viral last year, a lot of people thought it was a real teaser.

Also, say that person’s name out loud. What did that sound like? It’s a prank name. It’s a troll post.

Yeah my parents were some of them and I still haven't convinced them enough that it isn't real :lol:

• Like 1

Also, where do you all think they will sell merch for this coaster? According to the blueprints, there doesn't look to be any gift shop. Maybe they'll do one separately or maybe they'll sell merch for it around the park? It's understandable why they didn't do a gift shop for Mystic Timbers since there are already a gift shop right next to it. But there is no gift shop right there by the coaster. I'm just curious. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

That does not change the fact that the Carowinds fans (I am not saying all of them) wanted Kings Island to have mediocre coaster that enthusiasts would only mock. Yeah everyone was complaining about the layout back then, but these people on Carowinds Connection did not have to celebrate when they thought our giga was going to be trash. 

Agreed 100%.

I will never for the life of me fathom why some enthusiasts would take joy in another park receiving what they speculate to be as an underwhelming or disappointing addition...

This isn't like in sports where a "rival" team receiving a good player potentially could diminish their own chances of success, particularly if they end up in the same division/conference/league (ie. Giancarlo Stanton signing with the Yankees in 2017 - instead of the Red Sox; Bryce Harper going away from the Nationals and onto the Phillies).

Had this coaster broken records, it would not have made Fury 325 any shorter, slower, or lower in quality than it is right now (nor any other ride, coaster, or attraction at Carowinds or any other park for that matter).

I'm also tired of the smarmy comments such as the one made by "coasterbruh" legitimately hoping to see people upset. I put those comments in the same category as people actively hoping for certain rides to be removed simply because they don't like them. Such comments are rude, insensitive, and so unbelievably smug.

No one here took enjoyment in seeing Carowinds fans upset/angry at historic Thunder Run being axed in 2015. And why would we? I for one actually greatly pity them for their loss. I know this is slightly offtopic, but what was so devastating about that removal, is not just that it left a very significant gap in what was already a subpar supporting lineup of coasters, is that a ride that can never be truly replaced, or at least not in any time-frame worth mentioning. Imagine walking down the midway of Coney Mall, looking off the left, and not seeing The Racer accentuate all those buildings and rides, as it does so very well. Would it really even BE Kings Island at that point? But I digress...

Simply put, the experience of a ride at one park is completely independent from the experience of a ride at another. Therefore, it should not behoove any well-meaning enthusiast to want the latest addition at their non-home park to be 'disappointing'. If anything, you should hope for the opposite (Count me among those who really would like to finally see the next notable ground up coaster at NFJTP, ya know, the first one since...El Toro in 2006 :/ )

That having said, I'm sure that the comments discussed above do not represent CarowindsConnection as a whole and they're probably mostly nice people...

But as for the individual predicting that this will be the 'weakest' of the three B&M gigas, all I have to is we'll just see that about...

We will just wait and see...

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Also, where do you all think they will sell merch for this coaster? According to the blueprints, there doesn't look to be any gift shop. Maybe they'll do one separately or maybe they'll sell merch for it around the park? It's understandable why they didn't do a gift shop for Mystic Timbers since there are already a gift shop right next to it. But there is no gift shop right there by the coaster. I'm just curious. 

If they really wanted to, they could probably set up a temporary stand or use FoF former photo area.  Not a walk in gift shop, but certainly large enough to have a counter and some T-shirts behind it.

• Like 2

Just now, FoF96" said:

If they really wanted to, they could probably set up a temporary stand or use FoF former photo area.  Not a walk in gift shop, but certainly large enough to have a counter and some T-shirts behind it.

I've had the idea before where they could convert the former FOF photo area into a gift shop. I know it's not too likely, but it's possible. I think we're going to see more than just the coaster to that area. Cedar Fair doesn't usually just plop a coaster in an area without doing other things in that area. I think we'll see the concrete ripped up and replaced with pavers next year as well. 

• Like 3

I'm leaning towards a fighter jet/ aviation name. Cedar Fair has been known to trademark names the day after an announcement, so it wouldn'tbe unheard of. That, and the first couple of elements scream fighter jet manuevers coupled with the all of the "test" references and sequences on the posters point to some type of government testing needed to chase UFOs around. Blue track would tie in nicely too...

• Like 1

Spent a full day at the park yesterday and couldn't have asked for a better day, walk ons for every ride! I got 20 rides in and probably sat out another 10 that other people in my group did. I didn't see anything new and noteworthy for the construction, but it was cool to finally see the posters in person and get a peek at the construction site. People are definitely buzzing about the new coaster, every other conversation I overheard was about the new giga! I'm cutting together a short video of the day and I'm kicking myself for not getting any footage of the posters or construction.

• Like 6

From the Change.org site:

“AUG 6, 2019 — 

Kings Island has yielded to our request and set an announcement date "Everything Will Be Revealed".  

View More Here!

Here's What We Know:

• According to recently discovered documentation, Project X started with the Shooting Star coaster and a series of other "rides" and will continue long into the foreseeable future.  

What We Don't Know:

• What is the Purpose of Project X?  Why the cloak of secrecy?  

Are there clues in the statement about the ride and future rides in the Xbase area.?

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Beast Night Rider said:
  • Excellent photos!! Seeing all the activity/footers being poured past the back of The Racer is getting me soo excited! The last shot of The Racer car is amazing! Thank you!

So if they waited the full 28 days to cure could we have pieces placed on the newest footers as early as mid-September? Or are there engineer approvals needed before then?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

So if they waited the full 28 days to cure could we have pieces placed on the newest footers as early as mid-September? Or are there engineer approvals needed before then?

i wouldnt be surprised to a piece of track go up before the announcement, if not before then i bet within a week after the announcement. They wont waste any time.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I know its only been 5 minutes but anything new at the park today? Any track?

My boi wants to see it on site. As do I Collin. Just as excited as you. We are going to have to cop a ride together next year!

And you too Maverick! lol he aint logged in yet cause nothing exciting happening i bet

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BeastForever said:

Agreed 100%.

I will never for the life of me fathom why some enthusiasts would take joy in another park receiving what they speculate to be as an underwhelming or disappointing addition...

This isn't like in sports where a "rival" team receiving a good player potentially could diminish their own chances of success, particularly if they end up in the same division/conference/league (ie. Giancarlo Stanton signing with the Yankees in 2017 - instead of the Red Sox; Bryce Harper going away from the Nationals and onto the Phillies).

Had this coaster broken records, it would not have made Fury 325 any shorter, slower, or lower in quality than it is right now (nor any other ride, coaster, or attraction at Carowinds or any other park for that matter).

I'm also tired of the smarmy comments such as the one made by "coasterbruh" legitimately hoping to see people upset. I put those comments in the same category as people actively hoping for certain rides to be removed simply because they don't like them. Such comments are rude, insensitive, and so unbelievably smug.

No one here took enjoyment in seeing Carowinds fans upset/angry at historic Thunder Run being axed in 2015. And why would we? I for one actually greatly pity them for their loss. I know this is slightly offtopic, but what was so devastating about that removal, is not just that it left a very significant gap in what was already a subpar supporting lineup of coasters, is that a ride that can never be truly replaced, or at least not in any time-frame worth mentioning. Imagine walking down the midway of Coney Mall, looking off the left, and not seeing The Racer accentuate all those buildings and rides, as it does so very well. Would it really even BE Kings Island at that point? But I digress...

Simply put, the experience of a ride at one park is completely independent from the experience of a ride at another. Therefore, it should not behoove any well-meaning enthusiast to want the latest addition at their non-home park to be 'disappointing'. If anything, you should hope for the opposite (Count me among those who really would like to finally see the next notable ground up coaster at NFJTP, ya know, the first one since...El Toro in 2006 :/ )

That having said, I'm sure that the comments discussed above do not represent CarowindsConnection as a whole and they're probably mostly nice people...

But as for the individual predicting that this will be the 'weakest' of the three B&M gigas, all I have to is we'll just see that about...

Again though, I think you misunderstand the point. It’s not a criticism of the ride or the park, but of the enthusiast mentality perpetuated by the echo chamber that is the enthusiast community that every new coaster needs to be a top ten world-beater attraction, or else it’s a waste of time. I don’t think he wants the ride itself to be disappointing, but if it disappoints a couple hundred angry enthusiasts, big deal. At least that’s how I read it, I can’t speak for coasterbruh. But having read his comments on the site for years, I feel that it’s a reasonable interpretation.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Idk if this is possible but could our giga do that one thing all the dive coasters do? Slowly creep of the edge/drop and then all the sudden drop?

Technically yes if they modified the chain lift but why would you want to do that on a rollercoaster with such long trains, you waste speed  and it isn’t even a vertical drop.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Idk if this is possible but could our giga do that one thing all the dive coasters do? Slowly creep of the edge/drop and then all the sudden drop?

Im sure it could be done but... the back half of the train wouldnt be over the crest and it would take a lot of juice to move that back half of that train from a dead stop up and over the crest. And that is a nightmare for maintenance. This is the same reasons when the train leaves the lift still remains in motion from my understanding

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Also the stress the train would put on the chain would lead to short life span of the chain and lift motor going from alost a dead stop to getting that train over the hill.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BeastForever said:

Agreed 100%.

Some enthusiast sites thrive on promoting negativity, and donkeys.

Some enthusiast sites that are linked to a specific park only want their park to be the best by finding fault with another park.  For some it's a rivalry.  For others it is just plain fun!

KIC (specifically PKIC) had a few members that would put CP down any chance they had back in the day.  It should be noted that KIC does have some of the most open-minded enthusiasts when it comes to other parks that can be found. 

Attitude starts from the top down......

In the early 2000 I was lucky enough to live close enough to CP & a pass to PKI due to relatives living 20 minutes from the park.  Each park has enough unique features that "comparing" isn't fair to either one.  ( I personally LOVE Hershey & BGW as much as KI & CP).

• Like 4

“AUG 6, 2019 — 

Kings Island has yielded to our request and set an announcement date "Everything Will Be Revealed".  
View More Here!
Here's What We Know:
  • According to recently discovered documentation, Project X started with the Shooting Star coaster and a series of other "rides" and will continue long into the foreseeable future.  
What We Don't Know:
  • What is the Purpose of Project X?  Why the cloak of secrecy?  

Are there clues in the statement about the ride and future rides in the Xbase area.?

Idk why but this made me realize how great of a name “Shooting Star” would be for a FoF retheme. I’m not saying I think they will retheme FoF, I’m just saying it would fit really well if they wanted to, and it would pay homage to the coaster they say “started it all.”

While I don’t think they will change it, it’s definitely a possibility (See Flight Deck to Bat when Banshee was built)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

• malem locked this topic