Decoding 2020

fryoj

▒█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀▀█ ▒█░░░ ░█▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▀█▀ ▒█▀▀▀█   ▀▄░   ▒█▀▀▀█ ▒█▀▀█ ▀█▀ ▒█▀▀▀█ ▒█▄░▒█ 
▒█▄▄█ ▒█░░▒█ ▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█░ ░▀▀▀▄▄   ░░█   ▒█░░▒█ ▒█▄▄▀ ▒█░ ▒█░░▒█ ▒█▒█▒█ 
▒█░░░ ▒█▄▄▄█ ▒█▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▒█░▒█ ▄█▄ ▒█▄▄▄█   ▄▀░   ▒█▄▄▄█ ▒█░▒█ ▄█▄ ▒█▄▄▄█ ▒█░░▀█ 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Could we please refrain from the foul language about excrement and male genitals? There are minors here, as well as people who don't want to see that language. Thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

The relevant posts have been cleaned up or removed. Efforts to keep the conversation civil and family-friendly are appreciated.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Of course I’m fortunate enough to be able to visit so often I can pay off my pass with the change I find on the ground throughout the year, and if I encounter a line longer than ten minutes I usually choose to keep walking rather than wait. 

I actually did this today with Mystic and Flying Ace as their lines were too long for my liking. Overall, though, lines weren’t terrible today; even Beast’s line wasn’t bad (used only the second set of switchbacks today, but it moved at a decent pace). Adventure Express had an extra queue at the end and Bat’s was going down the steps to the valley, but every other ride that I rode had a minimal wait.

More relevant to this thread, I did take pictures from the tower today, but I’m going to finish my dinner first before I post as before my salmon I just finished, I’ve only eaten a bagel and a baguette today.

• Like 3

Yeet! @collin.klopfstein :D I will not be attending, but ya'll already know I'll be on KI's site (or here?) first thing Friday morning to see what we're officially getting for 2020!

And as promised, the pics...

KIMG0074.JPG

So, it may be hard to see, but in the above picture, it looks like we have a group of footers for the station as well as what looks to be a possible turn out of the station before ascending the lift (or a turn into the station from the brake run like Diamondback?).

The second picture shows a little more of the construction site...

KIMG0075.JPG

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Kodistict said:

I'm going to try to head out to CSF tomorrow, i'm not 100% sure I can make it up there tomorrow, but I will try =)

i will be heading by CSF also, have to drive by CSF 3 days a week to get to my school for basketball

Anybody got an HD pdf document of the newest blueprints to send me? thanks

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Kodistict said:
I'm going to try to head out to CSF tomorrow, i'm not 100% sure I can make it up there tomorrow, but I will try =)

Great, once they start moving the track over to KI, I bet they won’t stop until it all is on site at KI. I wonder how many loads of track there is to deliver? Number of track pieces?

12 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:
Anybody got an HD pdf document of the newest blueprints to send me? thanks

Not me but I would also love to have all the maps in HD PDF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Also forgot to note that when I rode Bat today, I noticed a group of pavers by the greenhouse/dorms area and this leads me to believe we may see some updating (at least in the way of new pavers) of that side of Coney Mall. Secondly, I did see something construction-ish inside Field of Screams (as in, stuff that would seem to obstruct the path of the maze), but that may be what they use to  "grow" the corn to prep the maze for Haunt.

Yeet! [mention=11551]collin.klopfstein[/mention]  I will not be attending, but ya'll already know I'll be on KI's site (or here?) first thing Friday morning to see what we're officially getting for 2020!

And as promised, the pics...

KIMG0074.thumb.JPG.9193bfdae9e6dd6dc427de31cef5474c.JPG

So, it may be hard to see, but in the above picture, it looks like we have a group of footers for the station as well as what looks to be a possible turn out of the station before ascending the lift (or a turn into the station from the brake run like Diamondback?).

The second picture shows a little more of the construction site...

KIMG0075.thumb.JPG.19ed5ba4735dfbf1af3e530fba6211a1.JPG

Those group of footings are for the train storage shed and transfer track section. The lift hill will come out of the station like Diamondback and Fury 325.

• Like 5

Sorry if it has already been discussed, but surely they are live streaming this announcement right? I watched the whole live stream of Mystic Timbers so I don't know why they wouldn't. Can't remember if KI or somebody else posted the link last time?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, presto123 said:

Sorry if it has already been discussed, but surely they are live streaming this announcement right? I watched the whole live stream of Mystic Timbers so I don't know why they wouldn't. Can't remember if KI or somebody else posted the link last time?

They said it would be

Screenshot_20190811-213938_Twitter.jpg

• Like 6

This is the best week of the season to go to the park. Most of the kids are back in school and it'll be a ghost town. Planning on taking the wife to Soak City tomorrow, then hit the park. 

Just so you know Cincinnati Public has another week they don't go back until NEXT Monday.

• Like 3

Off topic, but I got home from work and wanted to say something about FLP.  I live 2.5 hours from the park and am fortunate enough to be able to avoid the weekends (except it is awful when they are on weekend only operations).  There have been some busy weekdays this summer, though.  I have only bought FLPs at KI once or twice, when I was with friends who don't go often, and the park was busy.  At CP, though, I won't hesitate to buy one if the park is busier than I thought it would be, or if I take my niece.  It worth the price to see her enjoy all she can, plus it wears her out so she is ready to go to bed.

I have changed my perspective this year about rides.  I am not looking for benchmark numbers anymore.  I am not counting how many times I have ridden the ride this year.  I am walking more, watching more shows, and people watching.  I don't gulf down food, I savor it.  I guess I have applied Winterfest mode to summer at KI.  It has been a very good season.

If you want to marathon certain rides, I'd highly recommend Coasterstock.  If you like The Beast, for example, you can ride with a very limited number of other people (spread out usually between 2-3 other coasters) for two hours.  Or you can go from coaster to coaster.  It's walk on for about 2 hours.   Very good event.

Edit:  Forgot to add:  I have mixed emotions when I am at the park on a slow day and I see the people who have shelled out the money for a FLP of FL and everything is walk on.  The may have the season long FL, or they may have paid full fare.  Part of me is thinking "Wow, I can't believe they are out that much money when everything is a walk on!'  and the other part of me is thinking "Haha, suckers!  Idiots!"

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Melody said:

Just so you know Cincinnati Public has another week they don't go back until NEXT Monday.

Some schools go back even later than that. But, a majority of the Dayton area schools are already back in session.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

I tried my best but paint wasnt working so i gave up, but still this ride is going to be an amazing addition to the park and skyline

Capture.hkv.hvki.PNG

Sorry if this is extra, but I used paint.net to add some extra touches. :)

2020 02.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Drove by CSF tonight on my way to dinner with the family. Seen the brown track on a trailer and the whole side of the building had blue tracks sitting there. Is the brown track for another park? I remember reading something on here about Hershey? Sorry pics aren't the best, I was slowly driving by.

20190811_202439.jpg

20190811_202442.jpg

20190811_202446.jpg

20190811_202447.jpg

20190811_202459.jpg

20190811_202500.jpg

20190811_202501.jpg

• Like 5

I always love being at/watching Kings Island’s announcements, especially when it is a rollercoaster. It is so amazing when they play the announcement video, and as the new coaster starts to appear on the screen, everyone is cheering and clapping. Even when the crowd knows what to expect, they still go crazy for the new ride. It is an amazing experience, and EVERYONE attending whether they are an enthusiast or not will have a blast and really enjoy it! I am not going to be able to make it on Thursday, but to all of you who are going, I hope you have a great time and enjoy it! You will be glad you went!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BeeastFarmer said:

Off topic, but I got home from work and wanted to say something about FLP.  I live 2.5 hours from the park and am fortunate enough to be able to avoid the weekends (except it is awful when they are on weekend only operations).  There have been some busy weekdays this summer, though.  I have only bought FLPs at KI once or twice, when I was with friends who don't go often, and the park was busy.  At CP, though, I won't hesitate to buy one if the park is busier than I thought it would be, or if I take my niece.  It worth the price to see her enjoy all she can, plus it wears her out so she is ready to go to bed.

I have changed my perspective this year about rides.  I am not looking for benchmark numbers anymore.  I am not counting how many times I have ridden the ride this year.  I am walking more, watching more shows, and people watching.  I don't gulf down food, I savor it.  I guess I have applied Winterfest mode to summer at KI.  It has been a very good season.

If you want to marathon certain rides, I'd highly recommend Coasterstock.  If you like The Beast, for example, you can ride with a very limited number of other people (spread out usually between 2-3 other coasters) for two hours.  Or you can go from coaster to coaster.  It's walk on for about 2 hours.   Very good event.

Edit:  Forgot to add:  I have mixed emotions when I am at the park on a slow day and I see the people who have shelled out the money for a FLP of FL and everything is walk on.  The may have the season long FL, or they may have paid full fare.  Part of me is thinking "Wow, I can't believe they are out that much money when everything is a walk on!'  and the other part of me is thinking "Haha, suckers!  Idiots!"

I get every Friday and Saturday off. Work the rest of the week. That's when it gets real busy. It gets nuts during Haunt. Fastlane Plus for me was well worth it. Even on a slow day say July 4. Take that day for example when I got there Beast was walk on but as it got later and more people came and once the waterpark closed at 8pm the dry side got busy. I love my night rides more than anything else. I see it as money well spent if I get to marathon my favorite rides for 2-4 hours at night. With the new Coaster next year it will really be worth buying again for me even though I know the price will go up.

• Like 3

Already told the Fiance we need FLP next year at KI for the new ride. We go for 12-14hrs once a week about 8-10x a year at KI so no need for them then.

When we go to CP, we go for 5 days and still need a FLP for 1 of those days... (friday).

Kings dominion never needs one.

We needed one for Carowinds because of Copperhead strike.

We got one for canadas Wonderland due to Yukon striker.

When we go to dollywood, we never get one but we also go during the week too.

When we do get one though, we typically will ride same ride about 6-8x before we kill that ride. Testing the feel on left and right side, front and back. 

That way when we take others, we know which seats are the best for which effect you want.

Its basically mandatory to get FLP at Cedar Point... without one, you are killing your vacation time.

• Like 3

• malem locked this topic