Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 minutes ago, Joshua said:

It seems less likely the name will be Polaris or Orion. Thinking along the lines of "end of the world," how about Doomsday? 

Do they not typically use the names they trademark ahead of time? As once announced they'd probably want to have that secured so nobody tries to snipe it. I'm still guessing Polaris.  Regardless can't wait for Thursday!!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

Yeah this end of the world stuff seems way more dark than a Polaris style name. Betting the real name is trademarked day of. Those got the ball rolling in the theme genre, but this is too much for that. Gotta be more like a meteor or something

Imma check the trade marks every day this week. Maybe we can catch it before the announcement

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

ELE was Extinction Level Event in the Armageddon movie.  Or maybe it was the Asteroid movie.  The one with Will Smith.

You are confusing three different movies. ELE was from Deep Impact, which came out the same year as (and IMO was vastly superior to) Armageddon. Independence Day was the Will Smith disaster flick and was about an alien invasion.

There was also a really cheesy TV movie around the same time called Asteroid. It starred Michael Biehn from The Terminator and Aliens. It was pretty awful. 

33 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Independence day? ahh i love that movie!

Coincidentally, ID4 was heavily advertised with (and briefly featured) the song "It's the End of the World As We Know It" by R.E.M.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hucklebuck41 said:

Vredefort was the largest known meteor impact in earths history, which is their first set of coordinates. Its 300km across. The are suggesting they are building the worlds largest Giga. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

im thinking the same thing lol 

• Like 4

Vredefort was the largest known meteor impact in earths history, which is their first set of coordinates. Its 300km across. The are suggesting they are building the worlds largest Giga. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

I wiiiiiiiiish lol still so stoked for this ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hucklebuck41 said:

If this is true, what height do you guys think it will be?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Do they not typically use the names they trademark ahead of time? As once announced they'd probably want to have that secured so nobody tries to snipe it. I'm still guessing Polaris.  Regardless can't wait for Thursday!!

They don't always use the early trademarked names. Other members can elaborate on the subject better than I -- and IIRC have done so in this thread -- but there have been a couple examples where ride names were trademarked, but a different one was used. 

Also, I believe someone elaborated on the complications of using Polaris or Orion. Forgive me, I've forgotten who posted this and I hope they chime in because they would probably know better. But if I recall, they explained that the rights that allow for merchandising had already been taken for both trademarks and suggested that in order to use either name, the park would have to alter the trademark (ex. Polaris 301). 

Orion, and Polaris just seem a little pacified to be attached to a coaster with a big end of the world theme. In theory, they could still be attached to the ride's canon as "shuttle" names.

As an aside, I wonder if they might incorporate those Firehawk remnants as part of the "rubble."

• Like 4

This is from USPTO

Filing a request to divide does not extend the deadline for filing a statement of use or request for an extension of time to file a statement of use.

Any outstanding deadline in effect at the time the application is divided applies not only to the original application, but also to each new application created by the division of the application.  37 C.F.R. §2.87(e).  Therefore, if a notice of allowance has issued and a statement of use is due, a statement of use, or request for extension of time to file a statement of use, is due in each separate new application created by the division, unless the following exception applies:

• In a multiple-basis application, if the applicant files a request to divide out the goods/services having the basis or bases to which the notice of allowance does not pertain before the deadline for filing the statement of use, the new (child) application(s) created by the division are not affected by the notice of allowance.  37 C.F.R. §2.87(e)(3); TMEP §1110.05.

A request to divide must be filed if the applicant files a statement of use before making use of the mark in commerce on all the goods/services specified in the notice of allowance as based on §1(b), unless the applicant deletes the goods/services that are not in use.  37 C.F.R. §2.88(c); TMEP §1109.03.

Requests to divide are given priority in processing over any other document, with one exception: if the applicant submits a request for extension of time to file a statement of use that covers all the goods/services in the application at the same time as or before the request to divide, and the extension request applies to the resulting applications, the extension request will be processed first.  This provides the applicant with an extension that applies to all resulting applications without requiring additional fees for extension requests.

When the applicant files a request to divide goods/services that are in use from goods/services that are not yet in use, the USPTO puts the goods/services in use in the newly created (child) application, and retains the goods/services not in use in the original (parent) application.  More child applications may later be created from the parent application.

When the applicant files a request to divide goods/services based solely on §44(e) from goods/services that are not yet in use, the USPTO puts the goods/services that are based solely on §44 in a newly created (child) application, and retains the goods/services not in use in the original (parent) application.

If the applicant submits a request to divide along with a statement of use and a request for an extension of time to file a statement of use, and the fees are insufficient to cover all three, the fees will be applied first to the extension request (if there is enough to cover the extension request), second to the statement of use, and last to the request to divide.  See TMEP §1108.02(c) regarding fee deficiencies in extension requests, TMEP §1109.15(a) regarding fee deficiencies in statements of use, and TMEP §1110.02 regarding fee deficiencies in requests to divide.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm currently sticking with the 296'/301' height/drop. But if I'm wrong and it's higher, I'll gladly eat my words! 

there is no way Ki's Giga is going to be slightly over 300ft, they are making this such a big deal, going through the trouble of these bad a$$ teasers and what not. This thing is going to be a record breaker and way better than FH ever was ( as much as i actually liked that ride) but this will be way better! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• malem locked this topic