Decoding 2020

fryoj

They could put random nonsense out and the GP wouldn't notice/care at least from what I have experienced... Stopped for a smoke break on saturday and someone asked where SOB was located at, told him it was torn down back in 2012 and Banshee stands there now... Blank stare, and then a "My buddy told me he rode it last week" and walked away

• Like 4
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, decyferite said:

They could put random nonsense out and the GP wouldn't notice/care at least from what I have experienced... Stopped for a smoke break on saturday and someone asked where SOB was located at, told him it was torn down back in 2012 and Banshee stands there now... Blank stare, and then a "My buddy told me he rode it last week" and walked away

That dude must be smoking something else than a cigarette lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Y’all are just setting yourself up for disappointment if you think it’s going to be any more than what’s been uncovered on the blue prints. The previous two coasters have come out the same as the leaked blueprints did. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Me thinks a lot of enthusiasts getting their hopes up just to be let down again on Thursday. I do not believe they would fake blue prints. 301' drop just under 5500' in length 93mph is what Im going to go with.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, APE said:

Y’all are just setting yourself up for disappointment if you think it’s going to be any more than what’s been uncovered on the blue prints. The previous two coasters have come out the same as the leaked blueprints did. 

The dippin dots guy told me the blueprints were wrong... He said his fathers, brothers, sisters, ex-boyfriends paternal grandpa is on the development team and it's going to have a 355' drop with a zero g roll into a tunnel

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, APE said:

We are not going to be disappointed, we are getting another coaster, and its a giga. Just another great addition for the park and im happy

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, APE said:

Maybe that's the actual theme - the end of the world for coaster enthusiasts after they built up all of this hype with the teaser campaign and then the coaster is a total let down. 

Well maybe not the end of the world for some of the carowinds fans...

• Like 4

Yeah it probably is most likely just teasing for the theme and not breaking records. That is a pretty simple marketing move that they've done in the past. I'd love the blueprints to be incomplete (still think they are), but I'm more expecting apocalypse theme than WR height or element

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, APE said:

This is the EXACT reason I think there is something we dont know. I think the Mystic leak was a major let down and I think Kings Island and Cedar Fair did something different here. Reminder  BIGGEST COASTER IN PARK HISTORY.  The one we have talked about since Banshee. I remember people talking about us getting a Giga before KD and Carowinds. Here we are in 2019, just days before the announcement of the largest investment ever.

• Like 11

It's 296 feet with a 301 foot drop. Expect anything else and you will be disappointed on Thursday evening. That's just the cold, hard truth of it.

During the change.org petition, this forum had reached the bargaining stage of grief. We've now gone back to denial.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Just now, shizzzon said:

Cant be. Kingda ka has the longest drop

I mean, depending on how you count "longest", you could take that record with a not-very-tall coaster. Ka drops at a 90 degree angle, so it's drop is exactly the same as its height. Whereas, you could have a 100 foot coaster whose drop is only like 5 degrees steep and its drop would indeed have more track (and thus, be "longer" than Ka).

I don't think we have that here though. With this type of calculation, Fury probably has the longest drop, but I don't feel like doing math right now.

3 minutes ago, homestar92 said:

It's 296 feet with a 301 foot drop. Expect anything else and you will be disappointed on Thursday evening. That's just the cold, hard truth of it.

During the change.org petition, this forum had reached the bargaining stage of grief. We've now gone back to denial.

What about Ka.... and your name must be Debra. Debby Downer. Wanna bet a skyline coney on it?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, APE said:

Not only that, but the darn thing is already being built! Clearings been done for months, a lot of footers have already been poured.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, decyferite said:

In all seriousness, I dont think anyone is setting themselves up for disappointment... Its all speculation and all for fun... I hope I grey out on this coaster... It doesn't mean I'm going to be disappointed if I dont... 

Right! No one knows besides Ki, we will all now Thursday. 

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic