Decoding 2020

fryoj

2 minutes ago, decyferite said:

In all seriousness, I dont think anyone is setting themselves up for disappointment... Its all speculation and all for fun... I hope I grey out on this coaster... It doesn't mean I'm going to be disappointed if I dont... 

Exactly how I feel. I can't wait until Thursday and getting to ride it next year.  The difference between 301 and 350 or whatever isn't that big of a deal in the first place. The real thing that could be upsetting is going to be the new RMC in 2024 and if it even compares to SteVe...

:P:P:Pkidding

• Like 3

Personally, I think the 296/301 marks are accurate, while I'll hope for more.... BUT....

I think the 296 mark on the plans refers to the height of the track (top or bottom), while KI will refer to the the total height of the ride as the riders eye level (or perhaps heart level) and will claim the ride to be 301' tall with a 301' drop; longest drop on a giga.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Logic said:

1. Farafra, Egypt

2.  Alaqol State Nature Reserve, Kazakhstan

3. Xianjiang, China

4. Novomarinovka, Kazakhstan

5. Bolsherechye, Russia

1. Is a geological depression.  ( A meteor strike perhaps, teasing a space theme?)

2. Is an inter-mountain geological depression. ( Perhaps where the continent of India slammed into Asia billions of years ago.)

3.  Is the center of Asia.  A monument is erected to state such. (Is KI's giga going to be the center of all gigas hence a monument to the giga coaster world?)

4. The Caspian Depression is near here, which is also surrounded by large mountains.  (Is this referring to the height, and drop of the coaster?)

5. There was a fortress here to prevent invasions. (Alien theme perhaps?)

I believe Cedar Fair and Kings Island will not build a giga coaster under 300 ft. That would be an embarrassment to the company.  It will be a very large coaster, and a very fun coaster. I also believe that Cedar Fair, Kings Island, and the City of Mason know people snoop for blueprints, and I believe KI filed a little white lie blueprint to throw the super fans off.  I believe this coaster will be between 315-330 ft. I would be surprised either way if it is taller than Fury or is not.  In anyway though this is going to be an amazing roller coaster. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Jt2455 said:

This is the best week of the season to go to the park. Most of the kids are back in school and it'll be a ghost town. Planning on taking the wife to Soak City tomorrow, then hit the park. 

The park is busier today than it was yesterday...

1 minute ago, Logic said:

considering a giga coaster is 300+ feet... yeah i doubt they build a giga under 300 lol

If you have read through the posts, you would understand my post. Some are predicting a 296ft tall coaster with a 301ft drop that KI would market as a giga. We all know the definition of a giga.

Just now, Bansheelover said:

If you have read through the posts, you would understand my post. Some are predicting a 296ft tall coaster with a 301ft drop that KI would market as a giga. We all know the definition of a giga.

It's lift or drop. Apollo's Chariot is marketed as a hyper and the height is under 200' but the drop is over 200'. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Bansheelover said:

To be considered a giga, the height is over 300. Yeah i've seen the stats predicted, but that's not a giga

9 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

KI's Eiffel Tower is 315 ft...think about how massive the lift hill is going to look from people driving on 71. This is going to make the park's sky line look soooo much better. I hope the hill is taller than the Eiffel Tower but I'm not holding my breath.

it will be like driving down 77 and seeing Fury at night with the green lights. Each time I passed driving to FLA I am jealous. I have only been on it once.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

Says who?  Who is the official governing source on coaster categorization?

The definition of the categories is height, not drop. soo yeah that's how all coasters have been measured

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• malem locked this topic