Decoding 2020

fryoj

3 minutes ago, IndyGuy4KI said:

It seems in the last few days things have gotten a little tense in this thread. The mods are asking that everyone take a minute and review these simplified TOS rules to make this a welcoming and friendly place to discuss our beloved park and the industry.

• Use proper grammar to the best of your ability. Limit the use of text shorthand.

• When embedding an image that is not yours, always post a hyperlink to the source under the image.

• Posts must have more than one word.

• When replying to a certain post in a thread, use the quote button so other members know what post you are replying to.

• Do not double post (multiple posts in a row in the same thread).  If you wish to reply to more than one person, you can quote multiple posts in a single post.

• Post factual information when responding in a thread. Don’t exaggerate the truth.

• Please report posts that have false information.

• Stay on topic as much a possible.

• Arial footage from drones are not permitted.

• Be respectful of fellow KIC members.

Fixed my image attach, I had it saved in the gallery on my phone

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, APE said:

I see my comment rubbed some the wrong way before. The main reason I want people to temper their expectations is so we don’t have people at the announcement booing when it’s not as tall or any other stat that they wanted or feeling left down when you leave. Keep your expectations minimal so it’s nothing but good news while you’re there. 

I really don’t care what it comes out to be I’m excited regardless. 

I think most people are going into this with an open mind...  I didnt feel your post came off in a bad way, it's more of a realist approach to the whole scenario, which I totally get... I'm a pessimist, so I go into everything expecting the worst... Its simple but I love Helixs for the force you get out of them and happy to see this has one, so my expectation has been met... lol

• Like 2

I don’t understand the connection with the clues…mainly between Firehawk and the new ride. The “evidence” ticket shows the date at the bottom as Oct 28, 2018, the date Firehawk closed. The coordinates show Firehawk station as impact site of meteor….ok so meteor destroyed the old coaster? Is the new station going to be directly where Firehawks was?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KOBasinger said:

I'll predict a couple things due to all the clues.  I think we have the world's longest giga roller coaster drop and at the bottom of that drop is an underground tunnel. 

I dont think so either, lol.

I cant remember the name of it but there is something like a mini TTD that's about 367ft outside the USA? 

Seems like they are leaning to a Meteor/Armageddon theme. I think Polaris and Orion are out at this point. 

2 hours ago, Fye Coasters said:

there is no way Ki's Giga is going to be slightly over 300ft, they are making this such a big deal, going through the trouble of these bad a$$ teasers and what not. This thing is going to be a record breaker and way better than FH ever was ( as much as i actually liked that ride) but this will be way better! 

MT wasn't a record breaker, but they teased it and made a big deal about it. It's going to be the biggest ride at the park, do you expect them to just randomly announce it in a tweet because it doesn't break world records?

2 hours ago, JonahWilliamson said:

A week ago *anyone goes against blue prints*

"BLUE PRINTS NOT POSSIBLE CANT FILE BLAH, CONTRACTORS ARENT MESSING AROUD BLAH"

today

"355 it is."

Sometimes you just stop trying to get people to see reality and let them have their delusions.

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I sent the pics to John Matarese! Waiting on a response. 

Dude... You really sent him pics from a competing tv station's news report on the coaster? I know we are supposed to be respectful of other members on here, but you really need to get a hold of reality. 

49 minutes ago, Logic said:

The definition of the categories is height, not drop. soo yeah that's how all coasters have been measured

Where does one find this non-existent roller coaster category book of definitions? And also, could you reference me the governing body that will sue Kings Island when they call their 296 ft tall coaster with a 301 ft drop a giga? 

• Like 10
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, decyferite said:

That was my thought, but he died in 82... and the date here is 2018?

Lester Bangs, the referenced music journalist, died in 1982 and composer Leonard Bernstein passed away in 1990. The latter is obviously yet another reference to the R.E.M. song. Both men have connections to the music industry, but the real connection comes from their initials. Could the ride's name have the initials L.B. or is this just a funny little red herring?

EDIT: For those who have never heard of Lester Bangs, he used to write for Rolling Stones magazine and was portrayed by Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Almost Famous. In college, I once had to read an article he wrote about taking cough medicine and going to a Tangerine Dream concert.  

• Like 2

Also regarding the clues this morning, could the page numbers hold any significance? I first thought it was odd that it began at Page 08. It looks like the destruction of the binder was due to a shredder versus removing pages. Also I thought it was odd to have it as Page 08 rather than Page 8. That made me think that the page titled ‘Welcome to Project X New Hire’ could reference something in 2008. That was a year that a lot of CF changes were made apparent in the park as well as the year that DB was announced. I don’t know if that could be something as simple as saying that B&M was the ‘New Hire’ for KI in 2008 and is also working on Project X or maybe something deeper. Here was an old video I found after doing some minimal research that explains some of the things going on in 2008

• Like 4

Can someone tell the proper terminology of this example- 

If millennium force was let's say 445ft tall, what is the technical term that differentiates it to TTD?

They would both be strata coasters BUT one is a full length coaster whereas TTD is what?

Leonard Bernstein, Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs  are all referenced in  It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

https://genius.com/Rem-its-the-end-of-the-world-as-we-know-it-and-i-feel-fine-lyrics#note-2791162

Stipe once described a dream that he’d had about being at a party where everyone in the room is a famous person with the initials L.B. Explaining this song to Q magazine in 1992, Stipe said:

“The words come from everywhere. I’m extremely aware of everything around me, whether I am in a sleeping state, awake, dream state or just in day to day life. There’s a part that came from a dream where I was at Lester Bangs' birthday party and I was the only person there whose initials weren’t L.B. So there was Lenny Bruce, Leonid Brezhnev, Leonard Bernstein. So that ended up in the song along with a lot of stuff I’d seen when I was flipping TV channels. It’s a collection of streams of consciousness.”

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

Can someone tell the proper terminology of this example- 

If millennium force was let's say 445ft tall, what is the technical term that differentiates it to TTD?

They would both be strata coasters BUT one is a full length coaster whereas TTD is what?

Dragster is a full-length coaster. It is longer than Blue Streak, Mine Ride, Corkscrew, and is the same length as Iron Dragon and nobody claims those aren't "full length"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Old_Bearcat said:

Leonard Bernstein, Leonid Brezhnev, Lenny Bruce and Lester Bangs  are all referenced in  It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

The End Of The World As We Know It because CF is renaming CP and KI to CP North and CP South respectively and the new coaster is going to be a first of the kind Giga Wing Dive lol

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Old_Bearcat said:

At this point, I half-expect the music video to be in FunTV's rotation next year. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

This is why I need some terminology 

A launch (or lack thereof) bears no meaning in classifying coasters (though no non-launched Strata exists yet, so I suppose that could change if one is ever built). So if a 445 ft version of Millennium Force were to be built, they would both just be called Strata coasters.

These labels are really only used by enthusiasts though, and nobody has ever bothered to differentiate between launched vs non-launched in the realm of hyper or giga coasters, so strata would be no different. The general public doesn't need terms to differentiate them because the general public doesn't care. That's why Hersheypark building a second hypercoaster is still going to be a great move for them. As far as the GP is concerned, it's just another large (and more GP-friendly than Skyrush by a mile) coaster in the park's lineup.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, decyferite said:

The End Of The World As We Know It because CF is renaming CP and KI to CP North and CP South respectively and the new coaster is going to be a first of the kind Giga Wing Dive lol

That connects both parks, because why not ;) 

Also regarding the clues this morning, could the page numbers hold any significance? I first thought it was odd that it began at Page 08. It looks like the destruction of the binder was due to a shredder versus removing pages. Also I thought it was odd to have it as Page 08 rather than Page 8. That made me think that the page titled ‘Welcome to Project X New Hire’ could reference something in 2008. That was a year that a lot of CF changes were made apparent in the park as well as the year that DB was announced. I don’t know if that could be something as simple as saying that B&M was the ‘New Hire’ for KI in 2008 and is also working on Project X or maybe something deeper. Here was an old video I found after doing some minimal research that explains some of the things going on in 2008

Pages are 8 15 19... announcement date. Is there anything in the times of evidence transfer that may be coaster related?
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, fryoj said:

Seems like they are leaning to a Meteor/Armageddon theme. I think Polaris and Orion are out at this point. 

MT wasn't a record breaker, but they teased it and made a big deal about it. It's going to be the biggest ride at the park, do you expect them to just randomly announce it in a tweet because it doesn't break world records?

Sometimes you just stop trying to get people to see reality and let them have their delusions.

Dude... You really sent him pics from a competing tv station's news report on the coaster? I know we are supposed to be respectful of other members on here, but you really need to get a hold of reality. 

Where does one find this non-existent roller coaster category book of definitions? And also, could you reference me the governing body that will sue Kings Island when they call their 296 ft tall coaster with a 301 ft drop a giga? 

Why this guy give more logic then the man named Logic

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic