Decoding 2020

fryoj

Hard to believe people are asking for credit for screenshots of videos that aren't even theirs. :rolleyes: I guess internet points are really important for some people.

As for the new teasers, I really wasn't expecting anything new today so this is all very exciting. It definitely seems like they're hinting towards some sort of end of the world meteor disaster being incorporated into the theming, which is what I'd hoped for when the posters were put up. Can't wait to find out how the story plays out. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, decyferite said:

First ride down the hill "This is 25 feet shorter than Fury!!!!! I want a redund!!!!"

Going down a hill like " I Want a refunnddddd and  tickets to Cedar Point because they have a reallllll gigaaaaaaaaaa" haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

I just want to see a coaster tall enough to have my 10yo question riding it, Diamondback didn't do it lol. Any chance of a parent swap area in the queue?

Has the kiddo seen Top Thrill Dragster? lol

for the rest of you on here.....**No jokes about it being down please we already know. I get it**

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, warriordog10 said:

agree 100% with both yall post. some these people in here are straight rude. what is so bad in your life where you gotta be rude on a coaster forum LOL. 

OT: hoping to make it down on thursday. :lol: 

Exactly! asking credit for a screenshot from another news outlet is a little much. Some ppl think they are the CNN of coasters though, I don't get it. I'm just ready for the announcement so this bickering on here can come to a crawl. People arguing of senseless stuff when we can be talking about the station/queue setup, or if they are gonna go all out and make it a new "plaza" type area. I don't see them putting in just the coaster without some renovations in that area. Its hard to believe, cause Carowinds went all out from what I seen with Copperhead Strike. Some of you seriously need to chill though. I've been on other coaster forums and they are literally laughing at KI and the "fanboys" over this. It's been going on for years with all this "demanding" for a giga and now that it's finally happening most people seem unhappy or are being plain rude to others. I'll be glad when this is over lol and no matter how this ride is you all will be at the park next year. Wait for the announcement and be happy with what your getting whether it's a 296ft lift or a 3xxft lift. :mellow:

• Like 8

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

If you guys think about it the drop wont be that much smaller than Fury's. Yes 24 foot difference does seem like a lot but in all honesty you really wont notice a difference.

Capturebtrhbdrbrtny.PNG

Fall out of a 2 story building and see if you notice a difference....lol

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

I mean most people at this point really don’t care about the height as much (It’ll still be somewhat disappointing it’s not 300 ft’ tall) I think most people’s main concern with this ride is how short it is. Yes you won’t notice it’s 25 ft smaller then Fury but what you will notice is how it’s 1,200 ft shorter then Fury 325.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

interesting that i get bashed multiple times, after the rules of the "friendly" forum get posted, for stating that the common way for giga is height and admitting that the other people that brought exceptions are right without me knowing. oh well

we'll see what the coaster looks like on thursday. i hope it has a height of more than 296' so that the park doesn't get crap about it not being the shortest of the giga class

Shortest Giga, or Tallest Hyper. I'm a glass half full kind of guy.  lol

• Like 1

So after thinking for the last 3 days that we didn't get any photos from the tower of the construction site as I thought the battery went dead on the camera, I went down the tower before my wife could tell me she brought an extra battery, and just telling me tonight she got photos, I'm going to post what she shot on Saturday.  Wasn't much going on, but on some she could get pretty close... Also adding DB splashdown from the tower lol

f0962624.jpg

f0967552.jpg

f0972224.jpg

f0976512.jpg

f0981888.jpg

f0986240.jpg

f0993792.jpg

f0999744.jpg

f1006208.jpg

f1011520.jpg

f1017728.jpg

f1023744.jpg

f1028096.jpg

f1033728.jpg

f1039232.jpg

f1044992.jpg

f1050304.jpg

f1056704.jpg

f1061568.jpg

f1066944.jpg

f1072384.jpg

f1076928.jpg

f1085888.jpg

f1089024.jpg

f1090944.jpg

f1093504.jpg

f1096512.jpg

f1100032.jpg

f1103552.jpg

f1107136.jpg

f1110272.jpg

f1114880.jpg

f1157376.jpg

f1161600.jpg

f1164800.jpg

f1167680.jpg

f1170304.jpg

f1173440.jpg

f1176768.jpg

f1179648.jpg

f1182592.jpg

f1200576.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

3 hours ago, CubicleDave said:

That's kind of what I am starting to think.  Maybe the height people are concerned about is merely above ground, and the first drop goes 10-20 feet below ground (or more) and we end up with a 300+ foot drop.

There's not a tunnel. We have blueprints. Theres no tunnel. We have pictures of the site. They aren't digging a tunnel and they have footers matching the blueprints where a tunnel would have to go. Even if they were going to do some mythical fake blueprints, they would have had to already dug the tunnel and poured it to have time to get everything done in the right order. We have a 300+ foot drop already, so be happy with that. 

• Like 2

There's not a tunnel. We have blueprints. Theres no tunnel. We have pictures of the site. They aren't digging a tunnel and they have footers matching the blueprints where a tunnel would have to go. Even if they were going to do some mythical fake blueprints, they would have had to already dug the tunnel and poured it to have time to get everything done in the right order. We have a 300+ foot drop already, so be happy with that. 

We get it you’ve stated your point and you’re almost 100% right, but the announcement is in three days let people have fun imagining what they want while the can. There’s no use in you getting ****ed and constantly correcting people. It’s all good, and just as you’ve said “be happy with that” I can tell you the same, be happy with people having their dreams about this coaster. We only have 3 days left to speculate and dream then will know for sure what the potentially biggest and most expensive addition we’ll ever have actually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Just now, presto123 said:

Can't believe people can just drive right onto the property with no security. Must be the same security co. that was working at the Jeffrey Epstein prison. Ha!

It's a small metal shop in rural ohio. It's not a hotbed of crime and the things they set outside aren't getting stolen. Most comparable factories have the same setup. 

• Like 2

Just now, fryoj said:

It's a small metal shop in rural ohio. It's not a hotbed of crime and the things they set outside aren't getting stolen. Most comparable factories have the same setup. 

They do some of the most costly coasters out there. A tall fence with locking gate is in the budget.

1 minute ago, presto123 said:

They do some of the most costly coasters out there. A tall fence with locking gate is in the budget.

B&M gets most of that money. They are getting paid the going rate for metal fab. They don't design the pieces. No one is backing their F150 onto the lot and loading up a piece of track. They aren't putting up a fence to keep teens from taking pictures. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Oh ok, good thing you didn’t get a fine for trespassing! 

The only new stuff was some more lift hill track, and the spine was painted.

Edit: i was just saying this because I deleted my track update.

• Like 2

Wow, lots to catch up on here since the new teasers got out!

First, the teasers look interesting… maybe the whole crater thing is saying that the drop will be longer than the lift height is tall. Also, I’m thinking this will be a heck of a night ride! Second re: the whole “there’s more to this…” talk going on, even though it would be insanely awesome if there is something they are not telling us and this ride blows us all away with something unexpected (like the first time I saw the Storm Runner POV as a kid or when Steel Vengeance was announced) I’m keeping an open mind and waiting for Thursday. Also, Polorion actually sounds like a really cool name. And why would anyone want one of those unibrow disguises? Third, speaking of Y2K, I plan on wearing my “Y2K Survivor” shirt  on Thursday in honor of the announcement. Fourth, @Jallie79 your comment makes me think of how IGN rated ORAS (Pokemon game) when it game out…  8/10 for having too much water! :lol:

Finally, let’s just enjoy the ride- we’ve got three more days until the announcement and then National Roller Coaster Day is the very next day! It’s like a mini-holiday weekend [insert Kermit yay meme]

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic