Decoding 2020

fryoj

I've always heard in the past that Kings Island had height restrictions because of air traffic. Maybe they are going 301' and taking the drop underground? That would be pretty cool imo, also to people saying that Kings Island is more of a family park vs Cedar Point being the more intense thrill park are right to a point. Buuut maybe Cedar Fair is going to start the transition to build more thrilling rides at Kings Island, my reasoning for this is that Cedar Point is what like 99% developed already? No where to go without taking something out/integrating a coaster within all the other rides and attractions there. Kings Island has sooo much more land to use and is also closer to more major metropolitan areas that I could see that being a gradual transition for them. Not saying they are going to take all the steam from CP but would make sense to build the park up to have the best of both worlds and get people to include both parks on their thrill seeking journey. Just my opinion. 

• Like 7

What strikes me odd about this whole teasing campaign is the lack of one old ride; Halley’s Comet. I’m not saying that will be the name by any means, but it’s very interesting how we are having a cataclysmic theme and they haven’t mentioned anything about a ride that could potentially be a dead give away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Zayzayd13 said:

What strikes me odd about this whole teasing campaign is the lack of one old ride; Halley’s Comet. I’m not saying that will be the name by any means, but it’s very interesting how we are having a cataclysmic theme and they haven’t mentioned anything about a ride that could potentially be a dead give away.

This was debunked 3,678 pages ago...get with it guy.

• Like 1

There are a lot more people who read KIC than who actively post on any given day. For people trying to catch up on a day of decoding, reading pages of people arguing is not fun. No one wants to kill the fun, but let's try to stay on-topic as much as possible in this thread. Other threads exist to discuss other topics, including the random discussion thread for posts that don't fit into any topic.

The arguing and disrespect has really gotten out of hand here. Everyone's help in keeping the conversation civil is appreciated.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

I'm in the process of splitting out the recent off-topic discussion into a separate meta topic. Follow that thread to discuss the decoding or construction threads, or KIC in general. As a reminder, the TOS still applies in off-topic threads, so keeping it civil is much appreciated.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Notatroll!!! said:

I've always heard in the past that Kings Island had height restrictions because of air traffic.

Kings Island has no height restrictions. Although a particular helicopter likes to fly fairly low over the park which is quite annoying.

• Like 3

Just now, FUN&ONLY! said:

Is it @sixohdieselrage and his spy plane? LOL! I am just kidding, but I think we can allow him to do that because he gets us those awesome aerial photos!

While he technically can take photos over the park and such, the park does prefer if people do not fly over the park especially during the off-season. But this is only a park preference, as long as you're within FAA guidelines you're not doing anything wrong (legally) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

Do you think the giga will have an above ground tunnel? They added one later to Leviathan, so it probably was not on the blueprints. Do you think it is a possibility with our giga?

Someone mentioned looking at the MT blueprints and they did not show the tunnel on the turn around, so it's a possibility.

• Like 4

Kings Island has no height restrictions. Although a particular helicopter likes to fly fairly low over the park which is quite annoying.

Maybe it's John Materese in Chopper 9 lol

• Like 3

3 hours ago, decyferite said:

f1039232.jpg

First of all, thanks for all of the photos.  The reason I am referencing this photo is something that I thought of while looking at Google Maps today.  If you look at the historical photos thru Google Earth of the area behind Zephyr and the Killmart building they used to use that area for storage.  When they were doing the construction of the Antiques last year they completely cleaned out that area.  It is curious they would not have started using it for storage again unless they plan to use that area for something else (the float shelter could have probably gone there). 

With the proximity to FOF and the giga, I could easily see them putting the long awaited restrooms there.  It would be close enough to X-Base and could be used by people after riding Zephyr and the Dodgems as well.  This would also free them up to use some of the X-Base area for a future flat at some point.  I am hopeful that the park looks at this coaster installation as a way of revitalizing that whole area of the park, like they improved Rivertown with Mystic and Coney Mall with the Antiques.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Turtlepower said:

Someone mentioned looking at the MT blueprints and they did not show the tunnel on the turn around, so it's a possibility.

It's also conceivable for a tunnel to be added after the ride opens. The tunnel over Beast's final helix wasn't there in the ride's opening year, and Leviathan operated for at least a little while without a tunnel since the POVs from opening day didn't have one (I don't know how long it operated without a tunnel, but I don't seem to remember there being a tunnel when I visited in May of 2014. Certainly could be wrong on that though.)

And in regards to the restroom discussion, I would absolutely LOVE for a restroom to be put in there, but at the same time, the lack of restrooms in X-Base has kinda reached enthusiast meme status and I hate to see a good meme die.

• Like 6

I was at the park today and there was nothing new, however towards the end of the day, around 630-645 (park closed at 8) there was 6 at first then on our way back from The Bat like 10 trucks lining up on the service road under Banshees main drop. Almost like they were waiting, I can also say the rides in Action Zone promptly closed at 8, I’ve been in the park at close before and never noticed them shutting things down as quick as they did.

• Like 2

I don’t think we will be just getting a Giga. I think it will be a whole plaza overhaul which includes restrooms and maybe even a restaurant. The reasons are as follows...

1. Last year, Carowinds did a whole area makeover adding a restaurant and flying eagles and retheme to Blue Ridge Junction on top of their pricey new Mack coaster.

2. KI has been prepping the entire Coney Mall area for additional attendance the past two years. They’ve added Coney BBQ, King Mills Antiques, and a new Racer lighting package.

3. I don’t think they would build all of coney mall up and not do anything with the infrastructure IN Xbase with this huge new investment.

3. The recent CF 2nd quarter earnings conference mentioned they were spending similar capital for 2020 as compared to last year. Last year they spent $130 million and built 2 pricey coasters. This is the only coaster known expected this year for CF and expected to cost roughly $30 million. That leaves a lot of extra capital for themeing and plaza improvements.

4. They’ve built a giant new barn back in the woods. They may have even built two by now (Our spy plane could sort this out cough cough@sixohdieselrage ). This could replace the current plush barn and maintenance building. This would open the whole area for a plaza.

6. None of this would be shown on the Project X blueprint as they are separate projects. We never saw blueprints for the new barn in the woods for the same reason.

7. Everyone calm the F down and get along. Let’s decode, try to stay on topic, have fun and stop being A holes. This is directed to the board in whole. Let’s speculate and not berate.

K I’m done. Three more days!

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Maverick44 said:

Has the kiddo seen Top Thrill Dragster? lol

for the rest of you on here.....**No jokes about it being down please we already know. I get it**

CP is going to be our vacation next summer so she will see then. I kinda hope something intimidates her because already asking to skydive is making me wonder lol

• Haha 1

If rollercoasters dont scare, put her on the skyhawk swing.

If that dont do it, take her to carowinds or kings dominion. They have full rotating pirate ship that holds you upside down.

Plus other flat rides there that are crazy too. Similar to the crypt at KI and electro-spin at carowinds.

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic