Decoding 2020

fryoj

CP is going to be our vacation next summer so she will see then. I kinda hope something intimidates her because already asking to skydive is making me wonder lol

She a young adrenaline junky, she loves everything full of adrenaline! Completely understand myself, if I had more money and time, I would be jumping everyday but unfortunately I don’t at this time, amusement rides especially tall and fast coasters are my substitute to fulfill this craving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

On 8/12/2019 at 11:48 PM, ohiocoasterfan said:

I don’t think we will be just getting a Giga. I think it will be a whole plaza overhaul which includes restrooms and maybe even a restaurant. The reasons are as follows...

1. Last year, Carowinds did a whole area makeover adding a restaurant and flying eagles and retheme to Blue Ridge Junction on top of their pricey new Mack coaster.

2. KI has been prepping the entire Coney Mall area for additional attendance the past two years. They’ve added Coney BBQ, King Mills Antiques, and a new Racer lighting package.

3. I don’t think they would build all of coney mall up and not do anything with the infrastructure IN Xbase with this huge new investment.

3. The recent CF 2nd quarter earnings conference mentioned they were spending similar capital for 2020 as compared to last year. Last year they spent $130 million and built 2 pricey coasters. This is the only coaster known expected this year for CF and expected to cost roughly $30 million. That leaves a lot of extra capital for themeing and plaza improvements.

4. They’ve built a giant new barn back in the woods. They may have even built two by now (Our spy plane could sort this out cough cough@sixohdieselrage ). This could replace the current plush barn and maintenance building. This would open the whole area for a plaza.

6. None of this would be shown on the Project X blueprint as they are separate projects. We never saw blueprints for the new barn in the woods for the same reason.

7. Everyone calm the F down and get along. Let’s decode, try to stay on topic, have fun and stop being A holes. This is directed to the board in whole. Let’s speculate and not berate.

K I’m done. Three more days!

The entrance plaza blueprints have already been submitted though. This page has been labeled “Entry Plaza Concept.” Really, the only major things they are doing are:

• The giga, queue, and station
  • Ride photo building at Flight of Fear lockers
  • Firehawk’s queue tied to Flight of Fear
  • Removal of that little food stand.      

The plush barn and maintenance buildings are staying. The path will be the same size, unfortunately.

B67902D1-4661-4CD9-92D2-FEFD7CBEEF6F.jpeg

• Like 8

13 hours ago, fryoj said:

There's not a tunnel. We have blueprints. Theres no tunnel. We have pictures of the site. They aren't digging a tunnel and they have footers matching the blueprints where a tunnel would have to go. Even if they were going to do some mythical fake blueprints, they would have had to already dug the tunnel and poured it to have time to get everything done in the right order. We have a 300+ foot drop already, so be happy with that. 

Never said I wasn't happy, but thanks for the breakdown - Looking forward to Thursday.

1 hour ago, KIghostguy said:

The plush barn and maintenance buildings are staying. The path will be the same size, unfortunately.

If their repurposing a building that already exists they only need permits not full blueprints for renovations. That area really needs a set as with growing attendance sure to the new ride it would help there as well. It's a long stretch from fof to either the ones by WindSeeker or the Coney mall ones by racer. It really needs a set. Fingers crossed anyways. 

Unless the gigs is the new restroom LOLOL just kidding! 

• Like 1

I heard there was over 1000 people at Mystic Timber's announcement,  it looks like the X-Base announcement area for this is about the same size.  This is an even bigger announcement,  I would get there early if you want a good spot!   I want a good spot, so I'll be there early!

• Like 5

And here we are! Just 2 days before the big announcement! It’s been a long journey since we’ve seen the first leaks back in May. And it’s been an honor to be a part of this. To actually bring the blueprints into a software and layout the entire coaster is truely next leve stuff! Here’s some epic images from my final prediction of what this coaster will look like. Enjoy! #TEOTWAWKI 688E3557-4725-4E5D-82A0-0999C5C491E5.jpegA69A27B3-8163-4314-B62D-720817B7C417.jpegB4B07687-7FE7-46EB-90C0-D7343A9F1925.jpeg163919EE-0A36-4B8D-B591-5F802DF563D6.jpeg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

19 minutes ago, sixohdieselrage said:

One, its actually against the ToS to mini-moderate. Two, I'm not the first person to comment about this, and I wont be the last. 

About the pictures, if they dont affect you, why are you replying about it then? lol

it was the way you went about it.

& cuz you replied to me about them first... lol... i however do respect the time you put in to posting the aerial shots during off season 

14 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

^^^ That's what I and some others have been saying repeatedly..  The blueprints are NOT facts.   Things change, get updated or revealed.

Nobody is questioning that the entry plaza and other ancillary structures could have plans change. Those of us who are referencing the blueprints are trying to encourage people to temper their expectations if they think the track layout and height will be different from what's in the blueprints, especially when the construction that we've already seen is matching those blueprints to a T. We very well could get a radically different entry plaza than what's on the blueprints, but what we're not getting is a coaster that's bigger than what's shown on the blueprints. Plans for little things can and do change at the 11th hour... Plans for a 30 million dollar coaster that's been in the works for probably at least a couple years... Not so much. The only change to the coaster that would be reasonable to expect is maybe an above-ground tunnel, which would be one of those ancillary structures that could easily be added later like what happened with with Beast or Leviathan.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they advertise this thing as being just over 300 feet tall. The "zero" height on the blueprints doesn't have to be the same "zero" that the marketing people use. If they're measuring at eye level, it's probably already over 300 even if their "zero" is consistent with the blueprints.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

Ok well in addition to the main stage there is a secondary stage/walkway?93B069D1-5A51-446E-941F-2AF6E4DBBFBD.jpegF586ABB0-78DA-489E-89F2-50A84AAFEADC.jpeg3750401A-B594-464D-90CF-AC4F6657D5F0.jpeg

also up lights under the postersimage.jpg

the lockbox opened on the news is still here. “Coney” is not the code :)5B4C1BE5-C6EF-4950-809D-7FFAC5B08D71.jpeg

thanks for sharing, the other stage is more than likely for news and press. 

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic