Decoding 2020

fryoj

15 minutes ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

So are we expecting John Matarese to find the next clue at Kings Island tomorrow? That would make sense continuing the trend of local news stations uncovering exclusive clues each day leading up to the big announcement.

It's doesn't always have to be John Matarese though. They've sent other reporters to Kings Island before. But I'm sure with how well John Matarese is reporting on Kings Island, it wouldn't surprise me if he's the guy who does it for WCPO. 

Also another news station they could use is Local 12. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, fryoj said:

I'd bet against track being installed friday. Even if they get it to the site Friday, they still have to get cranes on site and assembled. Maybe next week they will start, but it may be longer than that. 

In the video with Chad, it said it looked like someone tried to put it through a shredder. 

Thank you for clearing that up! I had connection issues and couldn’t get the video to play properly yesterday (thanks AT&T). 

I've been lurking around this thread since nearly the beginning, and with the announcement just a few days away, I decided it was finally time to make an account and join in! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to KI this year, but I did have the opportunity to go to Carowinds for the first time. Fury 325 is an amazing ride, and I can't wait to have a giga at my favorite park!

• Like 22

3 minutes ago, RollerRaven said:

I've been lurking around this thread since nearly the beginning, and with the announcement just a few days away, I decided it was finally time to make an account and join in! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to KI this year, but I did have the opportunity to go to Carowinds for the first time. Fury 325 is an amazing ride, and I can't wait to have a giga at my favorite park!

Welcome to KI central @RollerRaven

• Like 9

Here's a friendly reminder that some of us have been reading silently without cluttering up an already very extensive thread. 

Thank you to the contributors for providing us with the best information available at the time of posting. 

Thank you to KIC staff for keeping it mostly on topic and under control. 

• Like 19

We know there are at least 2 boxes. I bet there are 3. The first one was by Diamondback in the news story with the "longest" clue. I bet the other boxes are "tallest" and "fastest" record clues!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

40 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

New blog post from Kings Island. Now we know it's the biggest announcement in park history!

Screenshot_20190813-231520.png

This makes me feel like there will be more to the announcement than just the giga. Carowinds said their 2019 announcement was the biggest in park history when they had previously announced Fury 325. It was the biggest announcement because in addition to Copperhead Strike, they announced a newly themed area and a new hotel. I could see a full X-Base overhaul or just simple aesthetic improvements to the area (which go a long way), but I am keeping my hopes modest because we are already getting a giga. Any new coaster is worth being excited for!

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, RollerCoasterAirtime said:

Hey everyone, this is my first post. I have been following this thread for a while and I decided to make a video about the decoding process. I am pumped for Thursday!!!

Good Video! Thanks for using my rendering as well, it means a lot to see my work out there. ... If you happen to catch some of the other renderings I actually model the whole coaster based on the blueprints (one of the pages mapped out the heights of all the elements) we have a pretty good idea for all the stats. It will be about 300 ft tall with a 301 ft drop, and the length of track will be around 5450 ft. 

49ABCFDB-0800-4CC6-B144-C65658FA0675.jpeg

• Like 8

This makes me feel like there will be more to the announcement than just the giga. Carowinds said their 2019 announcement was the biggest in park history when they had previously announced Fury 325. It was the biggest announcement because in addition to Copperhead Strike, they announced a newly themed area and a new hotel. I could see a full X-Base overhaul or just simple aesthetic improvements to the area (which go a long way), but I am keeping my hopes modest because we are already getting a giga. Any new coaster is worth being excited for!

Also possibly adding a flat ride, full expansion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

If I had to guess, I would say each track piece coming to KI has a price tag of somewhere around $140,000. Wowza! Can practically buy a house for that. Crazy what these rides cost.

I would say wayyyyy less than that per track piece. Maybe $25,000 or less. When pricing stuff like this you have to take into consideration all the trades that are involved. You have the Design, Engineering, track, supports, footers and concrete work, grading, clearing, crane and machinery cost, drainage, electrical, plumbing. The track is just a part of the cost of a potential $30,000,000 investment.
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, ohiocoasterfan said:

I would say wayyyyy less than that per track piece. Maybe $25,000 or less. When pricing stuff like this you have to take into consideration all the trades that are involved. You have the Design, Engineering, track, supports, footers and concrete work, grading, clearing, crane and machinery cost, drainage, electrical, plumbing. The track is just a part of the cost of a potential $30,000,000 investment.

I calculated it wrong. From what I read track averages $7,000 per meter or so.($6,000 for lower track and $7,800 for higher) I was thinking feet. That's still probably  $40,000 to $50,000 per track piece. I think you are UNDERESTIMATING track cost a bit. The info I read said track cost is 70% of coaster construction costs.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, collin.klopfstein said:

About to get another track update see if it’s still there

I always enjoy your enthusiasm. :) (Ah, to be young again!)

I hope you appreciate your parents...they seem to be great. Not every parent would be willing to drive by a factory just to look at some pieces of metal lying around...plus letting you attend the announcement ceremony!

I am sure that these are memories you will talk about for the rest of your life. :)

• Like 14

4 hours ago, presto123 said:

I calculated it wrong. From what I read track averages $7,000 per meter or so.($6,000 for lower track and $7,800 for higher) I was thinking feet. That's still probably  $40,000 to $50,000 per track piece. I think you are UNDERESTIMATING track cost a bit. The info I read said track cost is 70% of coaster construction costs.

Even so, imagine would could be done with that money; I could get a lot of Pokémon cards (heck, I could buy all the items on my Wish List and still have tons left over... come to think of it, finishing the remaining 2nd gen sets would be a drop in the bucket)!

Back on topic, 1 more day until the big reveal! While I'm super excited for our Giga (especially the 4 across trains- no, I'm not kidding!), that would be cool if we did get a cool flat ride and some bathrooms near the coaster.

• Like 4

I have been away this year but am excited about the new coaster.  When I visited KI in June, the foot print of the coaster looked somewhat smaller than I expected for a giga coaster.  Considering Leviathan and Fury 325 foot print, this looked more like Intimidator 305 sized.

20190614_120939.jpg

• malem locked this topic