Decoding 2020

fryoj

They did have shirts for sale directly after the announcement. For Mystic Timbers it was two locations. A small table set up right by the announcement and at the shop near The Beast Entrance since the announcement was on the back of the Tomb Raider building. 

• Like 2

These coordinates point to the Eiffel Tower. If yesterday's clue said the Diamondback would no longer be the longest steel coaster, maybe this will say the Eiffel Tower will not longer be the tallest object at King's Island, which would put the coaster over 315 feet.

image.png

• Like 12

1 minute ago, tbonehizer said:

These coordinates point to the Eiffel Tower. If yesterday's clue said the Diamondback would no longer be the longest steel coaster, maybe this will say the Eiffel Tower will not longer be the tallest object at King's Island, which would put the coaster over 315 feet.

image.png

Isn't Drop Tower the tallest object at Kings Island or am I wrong?

• Like 2

Just now, Kodistict said:

Isn't Drop Tower the tallest object at Kings Island or am I wrong?

Drop Tower is 315 and the Effile tower is 314. The observation decks are only 265/275 and I think drop tower is 265 drop. New coaster should be taller than both drops.

• Like 3

This whole teaser campaign had to take a lot of effort.  I know how time consuming it was for my dept to chart coordinates for medical helicopter LZs in our area and we didn't have many. Thank you to those who did this, it's been fun.  Little over 36 hours left. Lol

• Like 6

9 hours ago, FUN&ONLY! said:

This makes me feel like there will be more to the announcement than just the giga. Carowinds said their 2019 announcement was the biggest in park history when they had previously announced Fury 325. It was the biggest announcement because in addition to Copperhead Strike, they announced a newly themed area and a new hotel. I could see a full X-Base overhaul or just simple aesthetic improvements to the area (which go a long way), but I am keeping my hopes modest because we are already getting a giga. Any new coaster is worth being excited for!

Or they are meaning biggest as in biggest coaster. It would be the tallest thing they have announced I think

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, tbonehizer said:

image.png

Great thinking!  There's but a single problem with your hypothesis, however..  The entire coaster leaked and have a relatively certain understanding on its height.   Let's try not to forget this important fact in our guessing games perhaps. 

• Like 2

My guess is that, similar to what they did with the Diamondback clue, they will state what record the ET holds that Project X will break.  Something along the lines of: Since it opened in 1972, the ET has been the highest point guests can reach at 275 feet.  That is about to change....

• Like 2

The park isn't completely flat. I don't know the topography, but if the plot of land that the coaster sits on is at a 20 foot higher elevation than where the Eiffel Tower is, it could be higher without being taller.

I don't think that's it though, because the pathways are mostly flat and if you recall, Firehawk sat a little bit lower than the path to get to it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Yeah! @DustinTheNow excellent job. Although, I seriously hope the lighting package is not just the standard boring lift hill lights. I want to see a Fury type and/or Millennium Force type lighting package. At least multicolored lights. Imo if they don't do a good lighting package, they are really missing out.

Haha, I’m confident this will have epic lighting! 

• Like 2

• malem locked this topic