Decoding 2020

fryoj

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Drop? People don't drop off of the ET. I feel that this would've been better at Drop Tower. 

Agreed. It’s semantics to call the elevator a “drop”, but technically he isn’t wrong. It’s more of that marketing magic to say it will be the highest point in the park a guest can go. Two completely different experiences and target audiences...

• Like 2

Not trying to start any arguments but one of two things is going to be discovered Thursday.  Either the park is marketing this as a "record breaker" and it's going to beat current park records. Or...everything we thought we knew is wrong.  Lol. I'm not saying I wouldn't be completely shocked if Cedar Fair managed to file a not quite accurate set of prints to throw everyone off. But at this point, I can't say I would either.

And before everyone jumps back onto the whole there's no way construction has already started kick, I'm well aware.  I'm not saying anything major is changing with the layout.  But I wouldn't be shocked to see things not in the leaked prints.  Not sure what just yet. But maybe something.  Find out in 36 hours.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Born_in_'72 said:

I agree that tomorrow's clue will most likely be speed.  However, I seem to remember the operators always saying that Delirium is the "fastest ride" in the park.  So, maybe they go there, rather than going back to Diamondback.

Sling Shot is supposed to be the fastest at 85-100mph(depending on load) followed by Diamondback at 80 mph and Delirium at 76 mph. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Born_in_'72 said:

I agree that tomorrow's clue will most likely be speed.  However, I seem to remember the operators always saying that Delirium is the "fastest ride" in the park.  So, maybe they go there, rather than going back to Diamondback.

Delirium goes 76 mph.

Diamondback goes 80 mph.

But Slingshot goes up to 100 mph.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

This whole teaser campaign had to take a lot of effort.  I know how time consuming it was for my dept to chart coordinates for medical helicopter LZs in our area and we didn't have many. Thank you to those who did this, it's been fun.  Little over 36 hours left. Lol

And just think that just a few weeks ago some believed the park was so upset about people looking into the submitted blueprints that there would be no teasers.

I hope that the teasing that has transpired since has COMPLETELY squashed that theory due to the sheer effort the park has put in.

KI/ CF media relations (or whoever had a hand in the teasing) deserves a well round of applause!

• Like 18

1 minute ago, Browntggrr said:

And just think that just a few weeks ago some believed the park was so upset about people looking into the submitted blueprints that there would be no teasers.

I hope that the teasing that has transpired since has COMPLETELY squashed that theory due to the sheer effort the park has put in.

KI/ CF media relations (or whoever had a hand in the teasing) deserves a well round of applause!

Absoluetly do.   I personally feel this has been the best campaign I've ever seen

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Delirium goes 76 mph.

Diamondback goes 80 mph.

But Slingshot goes up to 100 mph.

Slingshot is also stated as going UP TO 275 feet tall according to the KI site, but to consider Eiffel Tower as the tallest, wouldn't they have to refer to the full height vs observation height?

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Not trying to start any arguments but one of two things is going to be discovered Thursday.  Either the park is marketing this as a "record breaker" and it's going to beat current park records. Or...everything we thought we knew is wrong.  Lol. I'm not saying I wouldn't be completely shocked if Cedar Fair managed to file a not quite accurate set of prints to throw everyone off. But at this point, I can't say I would either.

I would agree with the first part as it will more than like be the record holder for Kings Island. I’ve reserved a small amount of hope for a surprise to the layout, but I am also highly doubting it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Waltny said:

I would agree with the first part as it will more than like be the record holder for Kings Island. I’ve reserved a small amount of hope for a surprise to the layout, but I am also highly doubting it. 

Yeah, I'm not looking for any surprises in the layout.  Not counting it out at this point but highly doubting it. Lol. But, something to ponder.  I do not recall seeing the base of the lift backbone being poured yet.  Could it be a possibility that the lift angle could change (which would raise the height) without changing the footing locations.  I'm not an engineer by any means.  If you're laying on the ground bleeding, I'm your guy.  But I just ride coasters, dont design or build them. Hahaha.

I guess I'm trying to say, could they have changed the lift angle at some point (obviously a while ago) and then either decided to or inadeverntantly file the plans with the incorrect angle. Not sure if that is possible.  I'm sure the armchair engineers in this forum will tear this apart but I am genuinely curious about it.  Could be the reason for all the "mistakes" in the posters and blog posts. Just a theory though

• Like 2

Just now, Jallie79 said:

Yeah, I'm not looking for any surprises in the layout.  Not counting it out at this point but highly doubting it. Lol. But, something to ponder.  I do not recall seeing the base of the lift backbone being poured yet.  Could it be a possibility that the lift angle could change (which would raise the height) without changing the footing locations.  I'm not an engineer by any means.  If you're laying on the ground bleeding, I'm your guy.  But I just ride coasters, dont design or build them. Hahaha.

I guess I'm trying to say, could they have changed the lift angle at some point (obviously a while ago) and then either decided to or inadeverntantly file the plans with the incorrect angle. Not sure if that is possible.  I'm sure the armchair engineers in this forum will tear this apart but I am genuinely curious about it.  Could be the reason for all the "mistakes" in the posters and blog posts. Just a theory though

The base of lift footer has already been poured. It's been poured for like a week now. 

4 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

The base of lift footer has already been poured. It's been poured for like a week now. 

I'm referring to the part of the footer the backbone attaches to the face of.  I just looked at the pics I took Saturday and it's not there yet.  I can't find the image in the plan pics I have to show it.  I'm aware the base is there.  What I'm referring to is the cap(I guess) that is a 50 deg angle that defined the lift angle.

Sorry if this is confusing, confused myself typing it. Lol

• malem locked this topic