Decoding 2020

fryoj

32 hours till we know!! I do think an expansion of that whole area with the giga would be a good move. It would look odd if it didn't have anything else as food is starting to look dated.  Would be cool for a good and a flat but that's just wishful thinking. 

Maybe 315 height to match national coaster day

• Like 5

1 hour ago, sixohdieselrage said:

I mean, Kings Island now has the most wooden track of any park in the world, so that's definitely a world record... 

Unless I am missing something.  

That's why I typed it the way I did.

The coaster itself has no world record but with its existence gives the park a record.

Put that coaster at dorney park and nothing special will be said about it.

I have some theories of what could happen but has nothing to do in this thread.

These shirts people are mentioning that have been at the announcements prior, are they also available next year when it opens?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BeeastFarmer said:

I never mentioned any user by name.  And my post was not a personal attack, it was an observation.  Your posts, on the other hand, generally appear to be personal, with a topping of haughtiness.

Just let him stay mad. He clearly feeds off this kind of attention and it drags us all down. 

10 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

32 hours till we know!! I do think an expansion of that whole area with the giga would be a good move. It would look odd if it didn't have anything else as food is starting to look dated.  Would be cool for a good and a flat but that's just wishful thinking  

I hope that they decide to move the maintenance buildings. The location of the coaster kind of sucks IMO, only because photos from the tower are going to have those big red buildings and water tank in them. 

• Like 4

This thread is ridiculous. Im excited for the announcement tomorrow, i work right next door at GWL and i cant wait to get off work , ride some rides and enjoy the announcement. i know ive been very critical of the coaster but im still excited none the less. its going to be a long off season!

• Like 6

Don’t be sorry. Trust me, we appreciate it!
My thought is that they are holding off on delivering track until after Thursday. I’m not ruling out having a piece of track there for the announcement, though.

Agree on one straight piece being present with the name hanging off it and being covered.

The obvious part for me is that trailer looks really nice and only has a single piece of track on it. Usually there are several pieces stacked however they can fit them and because trailers are well used, they don’t look all that nice.

My guess is either tonight or tomorrow after 8pm it will get snuck into the park for the announcement.
  • Like 6

I hope that they decide to move the maintenance buildings. The location of the coaster kind of sucks IMO, only because photos from the tower are going to have those big red buildings and water tank in them. 

I’m thinking they will. I think the current difficulty is you can’t really relocate a water tank when you are actively using it. Those type of projects are better suited for the off season.

It would be really cool if they added a functional water tower into the XBase area and themes it to match the other structures there. A functional addition to the theming.
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Beast Night Rider said:

Am I the only one that wants to know what was in that little tin box inside the Eiffel Tower clue box??

I wonder if the big box is still up there with a lock on it like yesterdays box? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Phantom Theater said:

That sounds awesome, I can’t wait to see what they do. For all of you who live close by, I am forever jealous. I’m really expecting a story of some kind but i don’t know if CF would do something like that. 

They have for several I can think of in recent memory, including MT. Although other than the visual story in the announcement (of the park being overcome by plants) most of the plot wasn’t told until media day. 

And living close by (and not having a “normal” job, so I can set my own hours) really is pretty sweet, I’ll admit :) 

Although I don’t think it’s going to do much to get me access to the big show tomorrow night, because I personally can’t take standing in a non-moving line for as long as I suspect I would need to, to be one of the ones to make it into the relatively small space they’re using for the announcement. Maybe I’m wrong and they’ll open up alongside Racer, and there will be places we can still see or hear by the time everyone gets in. From viewing the setup yesterday I don’t think so (it seems to me the CHAOS building would block nearly all of that area from seeing the screen). Oh well, I’ll be at the park, and get to be part of the excitement, regardless. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Sorry for all the track updates but track is still on trailer. 1:23 pm.

My guess is that they know that you are closely watching it...and reporting it here...so they aren’t going to move it until they absolutely have to. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, standbyme said:

My guess is that they know that you are closely watching it...and reporting it here...so they aren’t going to move it until they absolutely have to. ;)

** Bosses that are in CSF look for that guy named Collin. If you see him again we have to wait 1 more day. Just like 30 minutes to swim after lightning haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Does anyone think tomorrow morning they'll have one final clue for the news media? Heck! Maybe tomorrow will be WCPO's turn. Maybe John Matarese going?

If they did, I think it would be at the current fastest ride in the park as it would probably lose its record when the giga comes in 2020.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

Does anyone think tomorrow morning they'll have one final clue for the news media? Heck! Maybe tomorrow will be WCPO's turn. Maybe John Matarese going?

I definitely think they will be. It wouldn’t surprise me if it is John Matarese. 

I wonder if anyone thought to check the box where I left presents last night, because it seems like the only people who took any notice of the continued existence of the boxes were from KIC, and nobody has fessed up to being at the park today :)

edit: as for the tins, I’m pretty sure those were in the other boxes too. I am going to see if I can track down the videos and see if they ever addressed them...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

I’m thinking they will. I think the current difficulty is you can’t really relocate a water tank when you are actively using it. Those type of projects are better suited for the off season.

It would be really cool if they added a functional water tower into the XBase area and themes it to match the other structures there. A functional addition to the theming.

That would be pretty cool

• Like 1

• malem locked this topic