Decoding 2020

fryoj

6 hours ago, Melody said:

100% because we haven't seen what's in the 3rd box by the fence. Didn't John Matarese say he was supposed to go Monday and had breaking news instead? So if not him and channel 9 then maybe FOX 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just posted this morning, I don't get Fox 19 lol

Screenshot_20190815-054249_Chrome.jpg

• Like 5

UUUUUGHHH. Ok so so far all she did was show she doesn't have much knowledge of the park and talked to Chad. No clues revealed yet. She did say she would check back in with him in an hour and a half..... How long is your all's news in Ohio????

• Like 6

“Fox19 Now” goes from 4:30-9:00AM and then Fox19 Morning News Extra runs from 9-11.  So a lot? At least on this channel. 

I set up to record John Matarese’s station this morning before I went back to sleep, in expectation/hopes they’d be there today. The woman who went up in the tower yesterday was so disappointing because she wasn’t into it, I was hoping for someone who actually seems interested. But so far all they (WCPO) keep doing is showing a few pics from the story so far while saying the announcement is coming tonight. This one is fun tho :)

image.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Magenta Lizard said:

“Fox19 Now” goes from 4:30-9:00AM and then Fox19 Morning News Extra runs from 9-11.  So a lot? At least on this channel. 

I set up to record John Matarese’s station this morning before I went back to sleep, in expectation/hopes they’d be there today. The woman who went up in the tower yesterday was so disappointing because she wasn’t into it, I was hoping for someone who actually seems interested. 

Woooooooow so like 6 1/2 hours of news?! That's crazy and upsetting. Thanks to the link provided on the last page I was able to hop on before I headed to work I hopes of catching a clue. No way I can keep an eye on it for 6 hours lol. Thankfully I have KICentral on my side! Speaking of work... This will no doubt be on of the longest days EVER, but afterwards the girls and I will be driving the 7 hour round trip for the announcement. Someone hold us a spot!!! Lol

• Like 4

One of the guys in the Local12 studio (the station who sent the one who went up the tower yesterday) was actually mocking last year’s big announcement of the Antique Cars. I think he was trying to contrast how cool it is we’re getting a Giga vs the cars not being that big of a deal, but It didn’t come off very well. “But I mean, you go from Antique Cars, this you know” (starts miming holding a steering wheel in a goofy way) “you know, crotchety old ‘doot doo doot do doo’ to tossing people off the Eiffel Tower! But not really tho!”

4 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Here’s this

F1880200-EEC6-41FD-A657-4223260936DA.png

BA4FF2F6-11A4-46BA-9F81-9629A7B4E6A5.png

F614F7E5-97FC-4279-AD6F-AE3630EADDC3.png

The only non GP Cincinnati news anchor is John Matarese. However, I don’t mind the other news anchors being GP as long as they fully deliver the clues to the people watching. I thought the first guy and the guy from WLWT did a great job, making news stories and videos and later following up with an article. The person yesterday did an okay job, but she was not very good at communicating the information. I hope this person from Fox19 gets it right, and we get the full clue!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, collin.klopfstein said:

Wait do you guys think she might be looking at a piece of track back there??anyways you guys will have a track update in 5 minutes

That would make sense, honestly. Now is the time for the park to have some track on site, so they can display it later during the big announcement.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, lifetimecoaster said:

Interesting turn of events. I thought "surely they aren't going to take a piece to the park yet, the crane is still in a pile of parts in the parking lot." Well color me wrong. 

They use a smaller crane to simply unload the track, the crane parts in the parking lot is for a much larger crane used for assembly.

• Like 1

100% because we haven't seen what's in the 3rd box by the fence. Didn't John Matarese say he was supposed to go Monday and had breaking news instead? So if not him and channel 9 then maybe FOX 19

They have opened all three boxes at the park. The first one was at the fence Monday with the shredded “documents”, the second was near Diamondback on Tuesday talking about the length will be longer than DB. The third was yesterday at the Eiffel Tower regarding height of ride.

• Like 2

They have opened all three boxes at the park. The first one was at the fence Monday with the shredded “documents”, the second was near Diamondback on Tuesday talking about the length will be longer than DB. The third was yesterday at the Eiffel Tower regarding height of ride.

Oh ok I knew about the shredded documents but didn't realize they came from a box. Maybe they'll be a 4th box who knows? Thanks!

• Like 2

track update: ITS GONE
7BF5AE35-3DF8-4176-B60A-5E4F97DFCFD5.thumb.jpeg.a42111b012fd6e59a49d8ed2808ab4af.jpeg
26DC61DB-C101-4462-907A-425A7EFDADBB.thumb.jpeg.401d3e1e5c87535b0b32e1a338e4f659.jpeg

Told ya! I’m sure it got moved last night under the cover of darkness.

I have a question, not sure if anyone has an answer. Do they fill transfer track with sand, like they do the rest of the track?
  • Like 3

From the FOX19 article:

"The first announcement included pictures of the former roller coasters here at the park such as the Zodiac, Firehawk, Invertigo, and Sky Lab. So some were guessing possibly a new coaster."

Only one of those is a former roller coaster. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

• malem locked this topic