Decoding 2020

fryoj

29 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

If Disney can turn a swamp into wdw the woods at ki can be used ;) but like I said CP had to remove things to add land. Be it a hotel or buy other land outside of what they have.  

And skyway attraction would be great and they could expand the train to add a stop. Plenty of room to continue growing for sure. :)

In the news, it literally stated besides tearing a hotel down, they physically added a few extra acres to their island, not from knocking the hotel down but adding physical land mass.

Here is video from Coaster-net talking about it.

So Cedar Point can continue to add land mass if they so desire without knocking things down.

1 minute ago, LovinMeSomeBanshee said:

I'm guessing the track IS on site somewhere, just hidden from public view.  Will they be closing X-Base for a bit after 8 PM to prep for the 10 PM announcement?

I guess i didnt think of that. If they close xbase they could move the track in there. But wouldnt they have to drive that down the midway and back into xbase or could they come from the back? 

20 minutes ago, shizzzon said:

So Cedar Point can continue to add land mass if they so desire without knocking things down.

Never said they couldn't. Don't know why your trying to argue when you're making my point. CP has always been a peninsula and a finite amount of land. To expand they have to pay to expand the land mass by adding ground into the lake like you said they had to make land. Ki was purchased big and has room to grow for now with lots of usable space. 

I think this giga is a sign they definitely want ki and CP to stay on top. Which is great for commerce in Ohio. :)

• Like 2

On 8/13/2019 at 5:30 PM, Hawaiian Coasters 325 said:

I'm at the park and got the chance to talk to Don Helbig a little bit. He told me that the platforms that are blocked off will be where the media will be. He also recommends we get here early. 

What's early exactly? Was going to spend the day there but plans fell through and won't be able to make it until nearly 4 now. Please don't tell me I'm going to have to go straight back there..lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick44 said:

I am not sure the addition of land at CP is by them pouring dirt into the lake. They really have not said there this said land is located in the park. So really it could be anything.

They can add land. The main driveway I believe is man made and wasnt there 150 years ago. But I do know adding land on water. Is CRAZY expensive. Very curious to see if they did get 4 acres how much that costed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JonahWilliamson said:

They can add land. The main driveway I believe is man made and wasnt there 150 years ago. But I do know adding land on water. Is CRAZY expensive. Very curious to see if they did get 4 acres how much that costed.

Good point. I am sure it would be so expensive nowadays. Plus it would take a couple seasons.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LuckyluvsKI said:

Never said they couldn't. Don't know why your trying to argue when you're making my point. CP has always been a peninsula and a finite amount of land. To expand they have to pay to expand the land mass by adding ground into the lake like you said they had to make land. Ki was purchased big and has room to grow for now with lots of usable space. 

I think this giga is a sign they definitely want ki and CP to stay on top. Which is great for commerce in Ohio. :)

Not arguing, I thought you just missed that part of what I was saying. Didn't want people to think in 60yrs, Cedar Point would have, for example, the best of every ride possible in the park..  then something from outer space is shown and they have to get it first but they must choose which record coaster to tear down...

Imo only, if they wanted to REALLY expand, they could remove the water park completely off site and move it back on mainland and use island for just rides.

If they wanted to get physical, they could force everyone living there to LEAVE permanently and then they take over the eastern part of the island.

It's not far fetched.

Louisville International airport SDF bought residential land and forced MANY people to leave their homes and move elsewhere.

This was about 25 years ago. The land is still not being used today so you do not even need a reason to be acted on to buy out land from people and rezone it for all commercial use.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

Maybe that's why CF is going less on our project due to the extreme cost of adding land to CP. 

• Like 2

Less on our project??? Cedar Fair is spending quite a few million dollars installing this new addition. I cannot be more excited at the love they show our park. Not trying to sound condescending or rude at all. Just be thankful that we get the additions we do and will get in the future. KI seems such a better place since CF acquired them.

• Like 6

This is my first post on here. Thought I would ask because I’m currently in line for Flight of Fear and noticed all new TV’s inside the hanger area and they are playing a lot of different stuff on the loud speaker in the waiting are before you enter the hanger. Just curious if anyone thinks this is at all coincidental?

• Like 2

Very thankful they are doing lots for ki compared to others in their franchise/management.  

Maybe the coaster name will be AEWTWTOKI  that's what the posters spell chronologically anyways. LOLOL Arial Expansion With Tall Wide Track Overlooking Kings Island...

9hrs&10 mins to go!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chriss84 said:

This is my first post on here. Thought I would ask because I’m currently in line for Flight of Fear and noticed all new TV’s inside the hanger area and they are playing a lot of different stuff on the loud speaker in the waiting are before you enter the hanger. Just curious if anyone thinks this is at all coincidental?

Record it and post the youtube link

9 minutes ago, Chriss84 said:

Thanks Chris and welcome! Can you take a picture of one of the TV's?? Is anyone else at the park that can check this out too? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jbeast said:

Gotcha Hawaiian....I think it's funny when others call it a budget giga....$20-$30 million is an awful big budget! Can't wait till tonight!

Right, wish I had that kinda budget.  Lol

On another note, just noticed something I guess I never thought of untill this teaser campaign.  Just seen @sixohdieselragetwitter post with an arial photo of SoB.  Is it just me or does the helix kinda resemble an impact crater.

Screenshot_20190815-124313_Twitter.jpg

There's everyone's SoB tie-in.  Lol

Edited by Jallie79
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I apologize I am already off the ride I was setting up my account right before I got on so I did not have a chance! It may be absolutely nothing at all but I don’t remember seeing all of that last time I was here a couple weeks ago.

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic