Decoding 2020

fryoj

Whatever B&M shipped to Kings Island was unloaded from the container this morning. 

1741464805_Annotation2019-08-15115227.thumb.png.034b171f37a4ebe7c59ca0234d7bead1.png

My bet on this is at least a couple of cars. I’m guessing it’s not a full train, just enough for a piece of rail and the announcement to look good.
  • Like 2

I was there yesterday and noticed that the audio and videos were different than i remembered for FoF as well, I just thought maybe they were finally updating after using the same ones for so long or that I was just crazy lol but now that @Chriss84 has mentioned the same thing I think they might be on to something. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gardner1 said:

I was there yesterday and noticed that the audio and videos were different than i remembered for FoF as well, I just thought maybe they were finally updating after using the same ones for so long or that I was just crazy lol but now that @Chriss84 has mentioned the same thing I think they might be on to something. 

Ok wait, that's really interesting. In what way is it different? I haven't been on it in like a month or so.

• Like 1

My bet on this is at least a couple of cars. I’m guessing it’s not a full train, just enough for a piece of rail and the announcement to look good.

So they move the track my tail car? Thought they would transport by 18wheeler the whole way from Batavia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Jallie79 said:

Right, wish I had that kinda budget.  Lol

On another note, just noticed something I guess I never thought of untill this teaser campaign.  Just seen @sixohdieselragetwitter post with an arial photo of SoB.  Is it just me or does the helix kinda resemble an impact crater.

Screenshot_20190815-124313_Twitter.jpg

There's everyone's SoB tie-in.  Lol

Uh...that’s The Beast...:lol:

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, FlyMartyFly said:

So they move the track my tail car? Thought they would transport by 18wheeler the whole way from Batavia?

You are right. I think in the containers by rail is other things being sent from B&M. Its not track. It could be trains or parts or electrical parts and t he chain for lift hill.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fyrfyter said:

What components of the ride are actually made by B&M overseas? I had always thought it was just the trains, but what about the gearbox for the lift motor? If they do make that, it would make much more sense to arrive now versus the trains. 

• Like 2

Just now, JonahWilliamson said:

Don't the trains come mid winter usually and have a big reveal? 

Just now, DeltaFlyer said:

What components of the ride are actually made by B&M overseas? I had always thought it was just the trains, but what about the gearbox for the lift motor? If they do make that, it would make much more sense to arrive now versus the trains. 

I am pretty sure everything but the track itself is made at B&M and sent here. I am sure its not the trains yet. It could be and KI is just going to hide them. My guess is its all the gear boxes, chain, electrical items and the computer system. The brakes and all of the above.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, ldhudsonjr said:

Ok wait, that's really interesting. In what way is it different? I haven't been on it in like a month or so.

The more interesting part to me was the stuff in the outside cue line. Something about weather reports and a radio station. Which I have NEVER heard and I’ve Been riding that ride since the day it opened.

• Like 2

After having gone to Mystic Timbers announcement and seeing how many showed up for that I’m kind of glad I can’t make it. That area is going to be so crowded and if you want to have a spot you’re going to have to be there early. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JonahWilliamson said:

I just dont know how they will move it out there. Kinda agree

Unless they stage it behind the fence behind the gate area and then open the gate maybe? Then those in the back get the lucky front spot :) either way exciting. 

• Like 3

Be happy with this coaster! This is the year of the waterpark expansion for almost every other park haha. Ki is getting the only coaster in the chain. Unless Knott's or CP surprises us but I don't see that happening.

Cedar Point is bringing back the paddle boat ride in 2020.

https://www.cleveland.com/entertainment/2019/08/cedar-points-150th-anniversary-in-2020-features-new-river-ride-nighttime-midway-celebration.html

And this is what Knott’s Berry Farm is doing for 2020.

http://www.ocregister.com/knotts-celebrates-100th-anniversary-with-summer-long-family-reunion-in-2020

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jallie79 said:

Right, wish I had that kinda budget.  Lol

On another note, just noticed something I guess I never thought of untill this teaser campaign.  Just seen @sixohdieselragetwitter post with an arial photo of SoB.  Is it just me or does the helix kinda resemble an impact crater.

Screenshot_20190815-124313_Twitter.jpg

There's everyone's SoB tie-in.  Lol

As @Enchanted Voyage Lover stated, that is The Beast's helix. 

Also, side note... that picture is back from early January. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jbeast said:

$20-$30 million is an awful big budget! Can't wait till tonight!

^This. A special day like this it really makes me grateful for what we've gotten in a relatively short window of time. In my youth (old man alert), we had the Cobra, The Beast, The Vortex and the The Racer. That was it. The park then endured 2 decades of limited additions before we got DB 10 years ago. Over the past decade we've seen three heady coasters go up and tonight we'll officially be getting a 4th. Not many in the nation can just roll up to a park of this caliber for some after work rides like we do. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Have been following this thread since the beginning as well as the speculation threads before it.

Wanted to jump in with my first post and say that this is such an exciting time to be a fan of the park. Can't wait to see this thing go vertical and track the progress as it changes the skyline forever. Heading out to the park later for the big announcement and looking forward to a fun night with fellow enthusiasts. Enjoy this! 

• Like 7

• malem locked this topic