Decoding 2020

fryoj

1 hour ago, MrSourNinja said:

That's some commitment! Thanks for the info!

It was ten minutes or so standing in AC, definitely not difficult to sell me on during a hot afternoon :)

I also don’t remember many of the audio things in the outdoor queue and had noted that some seemed new earlier in the season. But, I almost never hang out in that area so it’s hard to say for sure. It’s possible they are just playing them louder or more clearly. I don’t think the person who mentioned it was necessarily trolling. 

Also, about FoF, I noticed the week after I mentioned that memo on the printer, it was no longer there. No idea if the park removed it, but if it wasn’t them then SHAME ON YOU whoever did ;p

edit: oh, and the park map in the box wasn’t me, I don’t know who added it but I saw it. There were things left in the other too boxes two but I haven’t checked them again since this morning. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jcovelli said:

Even though we know 98% of what is going to be announced, I don't think I've ever been more excited for a ride announcement.. maybe I just want to see those cranes in action!  

I just want to see KI get a giga after all this time

• Like 2

It really has been a TON of fun watching everyone decode. I was never really actively participating in this conversation, but I read it every single day. It really feels like a special day! I am so excited for the announcement and I hope everyone that is there has a great time. Thanks for the discussion!

• Like 6

I planned on going all week but have to work early and have been sick all day! So I guess I'll just stream it too. I hope its better quality than Mystic Timbers was! I almost feel ashamed because I live 30 min away and so many peole who live far away would do anything to come lol

Been in this thread since the beginning and read every single post. I'm so excited for the announcement but sad for this all to end! Well there's still the construction thread I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So, question... can we leave gifts in the box tomorrow or would that be frowned upon?

Also, as for our next coaster after this awesomeness (with 4-across seating!), I'm on Team Floorless! B)

Finally, though I was originally a fan of the name Orion, Polaris has grown on me. Shooting Star would be a good name as well- a throwback to Coney Island/Coney Mall as well as something that could potentially leave an impact (because the craters... my science is fuzzy lol).

EDIT: I may be correct, even though I was just guessing on the whole shooting star/crater thing... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_Star

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WindingSon said:

I'm leaning Polaris too, with additional reasons.

Attempting to load these 2 pages has a different result, though they both error:

https://polaris.visitkingsisland.com/

https://orion.kingsisland.com/

Now when you click on the Polaris link, it just infinitely loads and doesn't error. Does that maybe mean they finished the website and are waiting to release it? sorry if I did something wrong in this post, I finally made an account after following the fourms for weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

So, question... can we leave gifts in the box tomorrow or would that be frowned upon?

Also, as for our next coaster after this awesomeness (with 4-across seating!), I'm on Team Floorless! B)

Finally, though I was originally a fan of the name Orion, Polaris has grown on me. Shooting Star would be a good name as well- a throwback to Coney Island/Coney Mall as well as something that could potentially leave an impact (because the craters... my science is fuzzy lol).

I, personally, for one really am not a fan of Orion, more of a fan of Polaris, but Shooting Star is good as a throwback but just sounds bland to me.

Just now, presto123 said:

Not yet that I know of. I wonder what time they are going live? Right at 8?

probably will go live at 9:00-9:30, give it enough time to fix the kinks, and let everyone get in the stream

• Like 2

1 minute ago, b.k35 said:

Now when you click on the Polaris link, it just infinitely loads and doesn't error. Does that maybe mean they finished the website and are waiting to release it? sorry if I did something wrong in this post, I finally made an account after following the fourms for weeks.

He left the visit out of orion's part, and that leads to a time out as well

• Like 1

Just now, Melody said:

b0366f0b5c2a6b8d43e4a66b6c37a7ca.jpg8eeb543fecf8db8d0f6c655854c5f2bc.jpg

Also entering the address in Google search showed nothing for Orion but search results for Polaris. But could that be from alot of people Googling the names?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say, mainly cause Google is based off your clicks and cookies, also others "Analytics."

• Like 4

• malem locked this topic