Decoding 2020

fryoj

Just now, Hampshire24 said:

The DJ said his name was “Galatic Rumor”? Maybe a hint?

Lol well it's obviously going to pertain to space. The comet landing zones make it seem like some kind of asteroid. With TEOTWAWKI being involved. It's going to be along those lines. Polaris and Orion are probably locations our said asteroid is traveling through, to hit FirehawkS area. Which will irrupt into our coaster. 

That's what I think at least. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, qpDarKqp said:

Lol well it's obviously going to pertain to space. The comet landing zones make it seem like some kind of asteroid. With TEOTWAWKI being involved. It's going to be along those lines. Polaris and Orion are probably locations our said asteroid is traveling through, to hit FirehawkS area. Which will irrupt into our coaster. 

That's what I think at least. 

Orionids are yearly meteor showers from Halley's comet. BTW the Perseids are just past their peak tonight but ppl may be able to see a few.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rallyomalley said:

That's the same dj from the Coca-Cola area during Winterfest.

As a former (now retired) DJ, I can tell you that it's difficult to find a match between people that employ DJs, and DJs.  I was one club owners "opener."  He'd open a new club, I'd come in and get the place going, then after two or so years, I'd get bored and quit.  A few years would pass, and he'd call out of the blue... "Hey, opening a new club... you in?"  "Yep."

I tell that story to say, when you find a DJ whose style fits what you want, you tend to stick with them.  The same is true as a DJ, when you find an employer who jibes with your particular eccentricities, you appreciate it and stick around.  :)

• Like 5

I also think he’s the same DJ from Island Nights (and maybe from the Passholder Party? hmmm).

I also remember there being a DJ named Adam that only showed up for the first night of Carnivale (when the dance party lasted without interruption due to the rain) and then I never saw him again...

There is also a DJ in Grand Rapids, MI named DJ Kermit! :P

Back on topic, about an hour till the party starts! I’ll either be in bed or following along online; this is exciting!!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PatchesC said:

Orionids are yearly meteor showers from Halley's comet. BTW the Perseids are just past their peak tonight but ppl may be able to see a few.

Awesome. So hopefully if it is one of two names, it turns out to be Orion! Polaris sounds weak... I know a lot of people like it. Their teasing this as a end of the world type deal, so it needs to sound mean. 

• Like 2

I don't think the name will be either.  There are any number of reasons they may have trademarked those two words  In terms of CF money, a trademark costs basically nothing.  I'm predicting something ominous as the name, given that they invoked TEOTWAWKI (this term definitely isn't new), but perhaps that's just wishful thinking.  We'll know quite soon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SilentGloves said:

I don't think the name will be either.  There are any number of reasons they may have trademarked those two words  In terms of CF money, a trademark costs basically nothing.  I'm predicting something ominous as the name, given that they invoked TEOTWAWKI (this term definitely isn't new), but perhaps that's just wishful thinking.  We'll know quite soon!

Yeah at the top of this I said the same. I think those are just stars/constalation that our said, Meteor is traveling through, to crash into the Firehawk. Then our coaster will rise from the ashes of the Firehawk/phoenix.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SilentGloves said:

Glad I’m nor the only one who thinks this. We’ve been through this trademark game a number of times with Cedar Fair. 

7 minutes ago, Wolf Like Me said:

Hahahahahaha the kid who photobombs John at the end... :lol:

THE DUDE DOING A LITTLE JIGGY HAHAHA, im pretty sure i know him? i see him at concerts in Indy all the time. EDIT: at least someone who looks really similar

Just now, MrSourNinja said:

Has anyone yet considered the fact that the name could be.... Project X? Like yeah it's generic but it could totally fit the theme and would be hilarious if we have literally had the name the whole time.

I doubt it but that sounds like a good name for a ride. Or just “Project” anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MDMC01 said:

Wasn’t there someone else in the background as well? And that’s dedication for John Mattereese (spelling?) to go all the way up to CP for the story. 

I dunno, if I was a news reporter who loved to also ride roller coasters, I would have done the same as a excuse to go to Cedar Point. :P

• Like 6

• malem locked this topic